Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. PrabakaranYour feedback matters!
I am suffering ear pain last 3 months . I used some tablets but haven't got any relief. What should I do.
Throat infection cause of cold, it became red n paining, also got headache and body ache. Suggest me medicine. Please respond quickly.
Hi I pierced the nose when am in 10 but I took out at the age of 16, now am in age 20 but still hole is there not close stil. But I do not want to put nose stud anymore in future but hole stil there. Please give any solutions or treatment for permanent closure of nose pierced hole.
I am 45years old female having allergies like allergic rhinitis, itchy eyes and skin all the year round. What could be causing this allergy. And what precautions should I take.
I have been having this issue of ringing in my ears since long time (maybe more than 7 years). I don't have any hearing loss as such buy I have realised that I can't hear a particular frequency on my left hear. I had been to a ENT specialist and she did a visual inspection of both my ears and she said that everything looked OK. Do you have a solution. It bothers me sometimes.
My mom is having pain in her right ear. Its quite severe from 3-4 days. She has also consulted a doctor, she has taken pain killer, and is putting ear drops named clear wax, and a medicine named diclofenac sodium & paracetamol. Please tell if something else should be done.
I have got a common cold for more than 10 days. Every morning I wake up I have this itching throat what should I do.
I have been from sinusitis from 2 years and recently I'm diagnosed with enterocolitis so my Doctor taken blood and mantoux test result of mantoux test is +ve while ESR is 10 .so he writes for TB PLATINUM TEST. Symptoms I'm experienced currently are abdominal cramp around belly region, stools are diarrhoeal some times constipated, dehydration (severe) urine is clear but less frequently 2-3 times after drinking 5 ltr of water, always having a dry mouth, in morning at wake it is severe to dryness though I drink a glass or more water at night before sleeping, sweating very less until I do running or exercises mostly I have too because of my body clock and I think my body produces toxins very easily. recently I'm taking medicine 1) zenflox oz (ornidazole and ofloxin) 2) neostep 3) rifagut 4) folvite. Help me in this matter with detailed possibilities what it should going to be.
Hi doc, my name is Izna nd i m 21 yrs old. Before 15 days i did piercing on my ears, from gunshot, bt the prob is my ear is paining nd pus is coming out frm the pierced area. Is thr anything that u can suggest me.
Sir/mam, I have sinus problem i, m also taking best medicine but every morning after bath my sneezing starts.
Currently I have a very bad cold and nose block and also have cough. The right side of my abdomen starts hurting.
I am stuffed with sinus problem last three years and take advise to several doctors and take more type of medicine but no one work. Why can we do. Please help.
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ar aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should visit your doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.