Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prabakaran
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PrabakaranYour feedback matters!
My vagina area is becoming dark day by day please suggest me some cream or medicine to make it fairer.
Lybrate | Dr. Meenakshi speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Hey I am 18 years old and im not having any hair loss But I want to take care of them so What to eat? To get healthy hairs and which oil is the best to massage your hair with? Olive oil or coconut oil,
Sir I want to ask a simple question from you that I can use gym supplements it is for us or it can harm my life in future and by using supplements I am getting so many pimples on my face and and my back. Thanks sir I hope you reply fast and give necessary instructions to me.
Hello mam/sir I am himanshu I am 16 year old my body skin ton is brown I want to do fair it so what I do? And which soap I use?
There are many commonly occurring fungal infections of the skin like athlete's foot, ringworm, yeast infection and jocks itch. These infections are caused because of warm, moist and humid environment which is ideal for fungal growth. There is no need to worry, as all these conditions are treatable with topical ointments and medicines.
Here is all you need to know of common fungal infections of the skin:
1. Athlete's foot: It is diagnosed with skin sample tests. The common symptoms are:
- Burning and itching
- Redness, blisters, softening or breaking down of skin.
- Peeling, cracking and scaling of feet.
2. Jock's itch: Jock itch, also called tinea cruris, is a common skin infection that is caused by a type of fungus called tinea. The fungus thrives in warm, moist areas of the body and as a result, infection can affect the genitals, inner thighs, and buttocks. Infections occur more frequently in the summer or in warm, wet climates. Jock itch appears as a red, itchy rash that is often ring-shaped. Symptoms can be described as:
- Itching, chafing, or burning in the groin or thigh
- A circular, red, raised rash with elevated edges
- Redness in the groin or thigh
- Flaking, peeling, or cracking skin
3. Ring worm: Ring worm is a fungal infection which can occur anywhere on the skin. It is circular in appearance and often cause the surrounding skin to become scaly. Symptoms are common as of most fungal infections. Ring worm can be treated with many over the counter creams.
4. Yeast infection: They occur when yeast on the skin grows more actively and causes a red, scaling, itchy rash on the skin. Yeast infections are not contagious. It is especially common among people who are obese or who have diabetes. People taking antibiotics are also at risk of such. Yeast infection is one fungal infection with most varied symptoms.
Signs of yeast infection in skin folds include:
- Patches that ooze clear fluid
- Pimple-like bumps
- Itching or burning
Signs of yeast infection in the nail beds include:
Signs of thrush (yeast infection of the mouth) include:
- White patches on tongue and inside of the cheeks
Signs of vaginal yeast infection include:
- White or yellow discharge from the vagina
- Redness in the external area of the vagina
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I have enlarged pores around the nose near the under eye region. I have combination skin. I drink enough water everyday. I use olay white radiance when I have to go out and nevia moisturiser before going to bed. I do not use foundation or any other product on my skin. The pores appeared a few months back. What should I do? Please help.
When i wash my face the complexion of my face is fair after some time the complexion of my face is turning to black can i know the reason for this
Warts refer to a type of a deformity in the skin, which refers to the formation of a small, hard, benign growth on the surface of the skin. It is generally caused by a viral infection and results in a feeling of discomfort or pain. Additionally, laser surgery is a technique, which uses a sharp and strong beam of light to destroy the wart tissue from the skin. The surgical process is usually performed at a doctor's clinic or chamber, under proper medical supervision.
When should you consider laser surgery?
Ideally a laser surgery should be your last resort to remove a wart when all the other means of removing a wart have failed. You should opt for a laser surgery only under the following circumstances:
- Medicines have not been able to remove the wart
- Warts are large and widespread
- Appearance of warts during pregnancy (only after consulting your doctor)
What should you keep in mind? Before opting for surgery:
- Laser technology does not lead to scarring on the skin
- The surgery requires a local anesthetic, which is used for making the affected body part numb
- Laser treatments should not be used as an initial treatment
- It is a sure shot way to remove warts
After a laser surgery the wound is generally painful depending upon the intensity, location and number of warts that are removed. Some of the probable outcomes of a laser surgery are as follows: