Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PothenYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years male and fair colour but from past days I am loosing my colour so can you give some suggestions to maintain fair look. By the by my skin is oily.
In my face so many small pimples. R coming after that pimples r coming normal. Black marks r come. It's will not coming from face. So plzz. Help me.
I have dark pigmentations on my face and have done in the past chemical peal but it only made it worse. I have done some non invasive laser but has had very little effect. I am fair skin so these patches really stand out. I have sensitive skin. Would you be able to treat this please. Thank you.
I am 21 years old. M using coconut oil with Pantene shampoo but my hairfall is not stopping so please suggest me a good shampoo with a reasonable price as I cannot afford more money.
Here is some Black marks on my face like sunburn my skin colour is bright but because of this sun burn it looks to messy please help me to get rid of this . And look Handsome Like previous time I looked like.
Hi I am 24 years old male from 2 years I am losing ny hair but before my hair was thickened dandruff free but its thin and losing. What should I do now?
I have scars (black spots/pigmentation) because of pimples only on my forehead and on head. I need to clear that. Please tell me the remedy for it.
Dear sir, I have an acne problem from last 2 years. So, please give me a proper solution to solve this problem.?
I have a serious hair loss because of dandruff. I wanna get rid of dandruff. please help me to do so.
I'm suffering from great hair loss and almost I'm getting bold. I have tried all natural remedies but still no result. I need immediate hair growth what can I do?
What is the Solution for hair loss? What is the solution for sweating problem? Please inform me with the best solution thanks in advance.
I am 19,i lost my hair from forehead and top of head and still suffering from hairfall, my hair is thining plz advise any lotion for hair growth and stop hairfall. Thank you
Dry skin occurs when your skin lacks the necessary moisture it requires. It tends to make your skin flaky, itchy and sometimes causing red patches especially on your legs, back, arms, or waist. These are the areas we usually forget to moisturize and we tend to concentrate more on our face and hands. Dry skin is usually the result of frequent bathing, use of soaps which are harsh for your skin. Scratching an itchy patch too much will eventually draw blood and might even result in a permanent scar. However, there are lots of remedies for dry skin, which will help you restore the natural oils of your skin and make your skin glow.
1. A hot water bath is a strict no for your dry skin: Hot showers tend to remove your body of its natural oil, which is essential to keep your skin moisturized and smooth. A warm shower should last no longer than 5 to 10 minutes. Afterwards, gently pat your skin dry with a towel and immediately slather on the moisturizer.
2. Do not use harsh soaps: Wash your body with a soapless cleanser when you take a bath. Skin care experts recommend a cleanser that contains ceramides. Ceramides are fatty molecules that help the skin to hold moisture.
3. Use sunscreen with good SPF: One of the main causes of dry and itchy skin is sun damage. To prevent sun damage, use of sunscreen with a good amount of SPF is essential for your skin. If you're planning to stay out in the sun for more than 15 minutes, make sure you use a sunscreen with SPF 30. There are many moisturizers which have a good amount of SPF.
4. Moisturize your skin daily: Use moisturizers, which contain ceramides, shea butter and glycerin. Moisturizing your skin daily can easily prevent dry skin. Apply a good moisturizer immediately after taking a shower to trap in the moisture.
5. Use a face mask: A honey and oatmeal face mask can be used as an exfoliating scrub. Mix together 2 tablespoons of oats with a tablespoon of honey. Spread the mask over your face, keep it for 15 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.