Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Poornima ShahYour feedback matters!
1, I am a diabetic patient.Is any problem for Dental Implant? Blood Sugar Level (270) 2, I need to change lower Jaw teeth from last No. 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, 13 and 14 (Total Qty 08) 3, What is the expected total cost? 4, Expected treatment period (Days) of Dental Implant and compilation of treatment? 5, Which type of surgery stage will be implement for Implant? (Two stage Dental Implants or Single stage Dental Implants) 6, Which type of Dental Implant is comfortable for me. Example Endosseous or Endosteal implant, Root Form titanium Implants, Plate Form Implants, Sub-periosteal Implants, Transosseous Implants, Sub-periosteal Implant, Blade-Form Implant, Ramus-Frame tooth implants, Root-Form endosseous implants,
Autism is a condition that afflicts many children around the globe and continues well into adulthood, with far-ranging and lifelong repercussions. While there is no permanent cure for this debilitating condition, one can turn to a number of treatments and management methods in order to take care of the symptoms and suppress the onset of the same. Let us find out more about the causes of the condition as well as the diagnosis, diet and homeopathic treatment for the same.
This is a neurological disease that children are usually born with. It may arise due to genetic or environmental factors. This is a complex ailment that has a bearing on the social and communication skills of the child and it affects his/her development as the child grows into an adult. Intake of drugs and other kinds of harmful medications during pregnancy are the most notable causes of this disease, while a faulty carrier gene could also bring on this condition in many cases. Exposure to many kinds of chemicals may also lead to the onset of this condition.
While there are no lab tests that can determine the presence of this condition, doctors usually conduct the diagnosis on the basis of the symptoms, including constant tantrums, repetition of words as well as slurring, and over sensitivity towards pain. Further, a clinical evaluation based on the milestones touched by the child in the development process will also be studied carefully in order to make the right diagnosis. Screening tests can help determine the presence of this condition.
There is a large body of medical practitioners who hold the belief that the diet of a patient can have a large bearing on how he or she reacts to autism and its symptoms. As per many medical studies, it is known that these patients are not able to digest gluten and casein very well, which is why they should eliminate the same from their diet. Therefore, the patients must stick to gluten-free food like rice, vegetables, corn, soy and even fruits. Further, they should even try to avoid casein-rich food like dairy.
These medicines should always be prescribed by a doctor. There are about 20 different types of medicines available to treat and manage the symptoms, especially if they arise due to genetic reasons. These may be prescribed for a period of six months to one year at a time, depending on the severity of the symptoms. The Houston Homeopathy Method has been known to give relief to over hundreds of children suffering from this ailment. Constitutional homeopathy can also be used in such cases so as to bring some respite from the symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
My mum is suffering from abdominal pain. It started two days ago. She consulted local doctor who advised mefenamic Acid and dicyclomine. Mon has no menstrual pain. She feel painless hour during effects of Diclofenac. But then she again feel pain in abdomen. What may be the right reason?
I have big dark circles around my eyes and I feel uncomfortable with it. What should I do to make it vanish?
I'm 20 years old, I have done blood test for cholesterol but doctor also consult me to check lipids profile to everything is fine but my monocytes - 140 range- 200 - 1000 ldl - 141.50 hdl - 50.3 vldl - 24.20 tc/hdlc ratio - 4.29 ldlc/hdlc ratio - 2.81 12 hrs fasting Is this good or bad and if bad what further procedure or care to be taken?
Lybrate | Dr. Tarannum Imtiyaz speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
7th day of my period that is 20 april. We made out. Without protection, he didn't ejaculate inside me though. I don't basically have any symptoms now. But in case if I'm pregnant how many days after making will I know I'm pregnant? And till how many months is medical abortion applicable?
I am having spondylisis problem for the past 4 years. L7 vertebra suffered much wear and tear. Ortho doctor advising me traction. Any better suggestions.
I have a problem my teeth . Actually bleeding for my teeth & after brushing. & in night. Please advise.
Can scratching your head lead to hair loss? (And how to banish that nagging itch without scratching)
Can scratching your head lead to hair loss? (and how to banish that nagging itch without scratching)
Yes! scratching your head actually leads to hair loss so you should avoid doing it.
Scratching your head with your fingernails for as little as 90 minutes is enough to remove all your cuticular scale. A cuticular scale is a protective covering on every individual strand of hair. The loss of this covering leaves your hair shaft weak and damaged and hence leaves your hair susceptible to easy breakage and hair loss.
There are several ways you can deal with itchiness in your scalp that does not include scratching your head. These alternative ways will help ensure you don't suffer from any hair loss.
1. Instead of scratching, pat or rub the sensitive area with the flat of your fingers.
2. Having a dry scalp can also increase itchiness. It would bee a good idea to use natural oil on your hair before you wash it if that's the reason behind your itch.
3. Sensitivity to a new product may be causing a sudden itchiness in your scalp. So, if you have switched to a new shampoo, mousse or anything else, do try abstaining from applying it for a few days to see if the itchiness subsides.
4. When your scalp feels itchy, try and distract yourself. The more you think about how itchy your scalp is, the more it will itch.
While scratching your hair does lead to hair loss, the good news is your hair will grow back because the damage is not permanent. However, it is not advisable to keep scratching your head because you'll just lose more hair.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Related Tip: Should You Oil Hair When You Have Dandruff Problem?
Sir I am 20 years old with over weight 110 and my height is 6.1 can't reduced even in diet. Give me some better idea to reduce my weight.
I'm afraid of heart attack as per now days too much attacks in this generation how to be active to be safe from heart attack. Is there any exercise for this and foods for this.
I am having back pain and knees pain since many years. Consulted the ortho, he said simple physiotherapy is enough after verifying the xray. However I don't see any change. Could you please suggest any medication. I am planning to go for a support tummy belt for back pain. Please suggest any.
I am 59 I have an acute hair loss problem now - Vitamin D deficiency is there by test report- no skin disease or any dandruff - Please help my head is getting bald.
Hi I am a 27 year old unmarried boy height about 5'3" feet. All my elder and younger brothers are taller than me however my parents are of small height and also my grand parents from both the sides were of medium height. Brothers and cosines of my parents are also of good heights. Some of them are about six feet tall and some are 5'7"-8" could you please advise what went wrong with me what I can see probable reason is that my diet was not good in early days and also the life style that I have had was also not that active for 5-6 years. Could you please suggest me if it possible to and how can I also increase few inches. Thanks in advance.
My age is 23 years old and height is almost 6" but my weight is near about 55kg. So how to gain weight and please suggest any best supplements for body if any.
Skin is the first and foremost organ exposed to the onslaught of a variety of germs and bacteria. Your skin fights against these germs to keep you safe and healthy. Thus, skincare should not be treated as an element of vanity. A skincare regimen is something essential for your overall wellness.
Ways you should adopt to take care of your skin on a daily basis:
- Dry skin should be kept safe from harsh face washes: Face washes have a milder effect as compared to soaps, but they surely aren't good for the health of your skin. Skin, especially that on your face, is delicate. To retain its natural glow and nourishment, care should be taken to maintain its natural oils and nutrients. Washing your face repeatedly with harsh face washes can make your skin dull and rough. If you have a dry skin, you should be extra careful to retain the natural oils of your skin and hence should stay away from soaps or face washes.
- A skin with large pores should be exfoliated frequently: Skin with large, open pores is usually oily. Excess oil can lead to several other problems like acne, pimples or skin pigmentation. Such kind of skin should therefore be exfoliated and toned as part of a person's daily routine. Exfoliation rids your skin of dead cells, which on continued accumulation, can lead to infections. However, toning helps in tightening your skin.
- Sunscreens should be used irrespective of the prevailing weather: Whether it is sunny or cloudy outside, sunscreens are a must. You should never venture outdoors without applying sunscreen on the bare parts of your body. Sunscreen lotions are known to prevent you from the harmful UV rays of the sun that can subject you to the threat of skin cancer. It is absolutely necessary to apply these lotions generously and at least twenty minutes before a person goes outside.
- Hydration is the best suited way to have a healthy skin: When it comes to the look and well-being of your skin, hydration is indeed important. Drinking plenty of water and fruit juices can keep your skin moisturized naturally. Make sure you include fresh fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
- Settle for herbal or natural face packs: Herbal or natural face packs run from a lower propensity to react with your original skin type. This helps you to avoid chances of contracting acne or any other kind of fungal or bacterial infection. You should make efforts to grind turmeric at home to apply it on your face instead of buying a readymade pack. This way, you steer clear of chemical substances and their disadvantages.