Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am having problem in my ovaries PCOD. I want to ensure that whether it will affect me or my body while doing sex. Or after sex. And if once I go for a safe sex, then in future if I hv to go through an ultrasound . Will the reports will tell that I had sex earlier ? Please give valuable information. .
Sugar is the trigger to most of the diseases an adult faces in present times. Sugar is not only harmful for adults, but can pose severe threats to the health of a child as well, if not administered in monitored proportions. But again, sugar is indispensable when it comes to sweetening your drinks and desserts. In order to prevent yourself from the health hazards of sugar, you should know more about its scope and effects.
- Sugar can lead to a fatty liver: Fatty liver is a troubling issue faced by many across the globe. It is wrong to think only alcoholics are subjected to this health condition. People who exercise little and consume huge amounts of fructose are also exposed to the threat of this disease. When a person doesn't do enough to burn up the existing amount of glycogen in his or her liver and take in fructose repeatedly, the liver turns that fructose into fat, impairing one's liver capabilities to a great extent.
- Sugar may make you resistant to Leptin: Leptin is a hormone released by your fat cells. The hormone is particularly necessary as it sends signals to your brain telling it you are full and won't be requiring any more food. Fat people have more number of fat cells and thus additional Leptin too. The Leptin becomes inactive due to the effects of heightened blood triglycerides and insulin, both of which counter its functioning.
- It is addictive and there lies the key to temptation: Sugar is enormously addictive. If you like sweetened products, you will find it hard to resist your cravings for cakes, cookies or chocolates. Sugar accelerates dopamine secretion; this hormone makes a person feel good. Dopamine is the hormone released on the consumption of drugs such as cocaine.
- Calories in sugar are not balanced out with any mineral or vitamin: Because of its lack of nutrient value, sugar is said to have empty calories. Food items rich in sugar tend to make a person lethargic and slackened while depriving them of essential minerals and vitamins. It is therefore, best to not allow children to have pastries, chocolates or puddings in excess.
- Sugar leads to extensive tooth decay: Sugar can accumulate on your teeth if you are having too many sweetened food items. This causes your teeth enamel to wear away, making it more prone to cavities and dental caries.
I am 26 year old. I am trying to convince from last 1 year but not get successful. And my periods are regular. What should I do.
Everyone suggests us to drink a lot of water but somehow we don't like plain water and we add artificial flavours to it to quench our thirst or we opt for soft drinks/sodas. But it doesn't help.
What we need in this summer is Coconut Water.
Coconut water is a very refreshing drink to beat tropical summer thirst. Its liquid is packed with simple sugars, electrolytes, and minerals to replenish dehydration conditions inside the human body.
Coconut water replaces the fluid loss from the gastrointestinal tract and to reduce the need for hospitalisation.
The osmolarity of tender coconut water is slightly greater than that of WHO recommended ORS (Oral Rehydration Therapy) solution.
The presence of other biological constituents like amino acids, enzymes, minerals, and fatty acids may account for this higher osmolarity. Nonetheless, unlike WHO-ORS, its water is very low in sodium and chlorides , but rich in sugars and amino acids. This well-balanced fluid composition, along with much-needed calories, would be an ideal drink instead of any other kind of soft drink beverages available in the markets to correct dehydration conditions.
Women who have hypertension during pregnancy are at increased risk of developing atherosclerosis when they are older.
In a study published in the journal Hypertension, Dr. Siamak Sabour, of the University Medical Center in Utrecht, the Netherlands, said that hypertension in pregnancy acts as a kind of "nature’s cardiovascular stress test" showing proneness to future disease.
Doctors please may I know what should be my weight according to my height so that I can exercise upto that. And if any tips to increase my height a little please guide me.
My wife usually has fixed date for her periods i. E 15th but from last two months she is getting her periods earlier from 13 to 9th of month. Please suggest.
My period date was 16,17 but now I just feel pain but no period. Last one moth back I was with my husband for intimate but when he put his part in my part so I felt pain and he stopped. please tell me what is the reason. This is first time period date late.
I am unable to grip my hands or close my palm and fingers tightly. I am 36 weeks pregnant. What may be the reason.
My penis has curved about 25-30 degrees over a period of last 6-7 months. Should I consult a sexologist or a traction device with vitamin e cream is enough.
I have pcos with hypothyroid and also fatty liver, facial hair growth, acne problem. I want to loose weight.
My cousin is 24 years old unmarried girl. She is pregnant of few weeks. Our family want to abort because of obvious reasons. My question is 1. Is abortion safe? 2. Is that painful and critical? 3. How much time it takes? 4. What is the cost involved in it? Pls suggest some way. Thanks.
I had c section 2 moths back but still have severe back pain & knees pain & my belly button is still protruded. What can I do?
Living with a serious disease is not easy. Try these 25 practical tips to help you throughout your treatment.
1. Adopt a fighting spirit.
2. It's okay to discourage false cheerfulness and to share how you're feeling.
3. Seek support from your family and friends.
4. As a member of your health care team, learn about your disease and ask questions.
5. Be an active participant in your treatment and recovery efforts.
6. Make positive changes in your lifestyle that will improve your outcomes, such as quitting smoking, incorporating exercise and getting good nutrition.
7. Find something to laugh about each day. Good humor is healthy for the body and soul.
8. For safety's sake, when not feeling your best, ask for transportation assistance to your medical appointments.
9. Participation in a support group can help you learn from others.
10. Pay attention to how you are feeling and get plenty of rest, good nutrition, and take time for personal care.
11. Find ways to express your feelings by speaking with a mental health provider or a cancer center social worker.
12. Consider complementary therapies, such as massage, aromatherapy, acupuncture, yoga to help relieve stress and other symptoms.
13. Just be yourself and continue to do the things that you already enjoy doing.
14. Continue your current sports activities as much as physically possible.
15. Allow yourself private time apart from your family and friends to do nothing, or something important to you.
16. If you are currently employed, continue to work if physically possible.
17. Practice guided visualization and/or meditation.
18. Nourish yourself spiritually through prayer or guidance from a religious leader.
19. Listen to relaxing music that can bring about serenity.
20. Read uplifting books.
21. If you have a significant person in your life, keep the romance going by selecting romantic movies to watch.
22. Take time for simple pleasures, such as a warm bath, a manicure or pedicure.
23. Keep in mind that your memory function and energy level will fluctuate according to your treatment and medications. Let your caregiver know when you need help.
24. Consider writing down your feelings in a journal.
25. Keep a calendar and or log of activities and appointments to help stay organized.