Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
It's that time of the year where extra calories lurk every corner. Christmas cakes, cookies and then New Year's party. These should not be taken as liberty to gain an extra pound or two during holidays because according to researchers at national institute of health, it is very difficult to lose weight gained in winters. However it is still possible to enjoy your holiday goodies without gaining extra pounds. Some of the tips are as follows:
1. Control your portion sizes. Take a small portion of all the things you like and spread these out amongst meals and/or days.
2. Never arrive hungry at a party. Try to have a nutritious snack (like roasted chana, fruits, handful of dry fruits, milk) beforehand. If you arrive hungry, drink some water to fill up before filling your plate.
3. Divert your attention. Don't look at party as just a food event. Enjoy your friends' company or dancing or focus on something other than food.
4. Pace yourself. Do not try to finish your food in first half hour of party, it makes you chew faster. Munch leisurely put your fork down after every bite.
5. Drinking alcohol packs a triple punch when it comes to interfering with weight loss. Besides having empty calories, some research has shown that alcohol stimulates appetite and lowers inhibition so you’re more likely to eat fried, fatty, salty foods. Try to avoid alcohol at parties if you can, or, if you know you are going to have a drink or two, not to do it on an empty stomach. Skipping meals throughout the day to save yourself calories for drinking usually backfires and leads to overeating, so pre-plan the number of drinks you’ll have and deduct those calories from your daily total.
6. Don't wait until after the holidays to start exercising. Everyone can find 30 minutes to sneak in a workout.
I am asthmatic and usually I face breathing issues for which I take asthalin rotocap inhaler. I am on family way and currently in 4th month of pregnancy and now a days I have started taking inhaler thrice a day. So does this happens that during pregnancy this problem increases. Would there be any impact on our baby?
4 year ago I married I don't have any good news in this hole time suggest me what's going on my wife say me his time period come to one month 15 days tow month.
I am seven months pregnant. I went for routine checkup as I was feeling generalised weakness my haemoglobin level is 9.5. Doctor gave me maxirich tablets for 5 days and since then I am feeling better. Should I continue those tablets or stop them for further. As well how can I increase my haemoglobin? My weight is also 49.5, is that normal?
Fiber is a type of carbohydrate that is found in plant foods. It passes through the body undigested, keeping your digestive system clean and healthy, easing bowel movements, and flushing cholesterol and toxins out of the body.
Good sources include
Bran-- oat bran, wheat bran, rice bran.
Beans--- black beans, lentils, kidney beans, white beans, french beans, mung beans, yellow beans.
Whole wheat--- barley, popcorn, oats, millet, wheat flour (whole wheat), brown rice, bread (whole wheat), wheat crackers, spaghetti (whole wheat).
Fruits--- banana, pear, orange, apple, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, figs.
Nuts--- almonds, pistachios, cashews, peanuts, walnuts, raisins, sesame seeds, flaxseed.
Vegetables--- spinach, broccoli, mustard greens, red cabbage, sprouts, green peas, cauliflower, zucchini, sweet potato.
In general, the more natural and unprocessed the food, the higher it is in fiber.
Dietary fiber, along with a well balanced diet, is important for good health.
Your daily dose should be 25 to 30 grams of fiber.
It is an important nutrient with many health benefits.
Digestive system--- fiber normalizes bowel movements and relieve constipation, inflammation of the intestine, hemorrhoids, gallstones, kidney stones, irritable bowel syndrome (ibs), gastroesophageal reflux disorder (gerd) and ulcers.
Heart disease--- eating a diet high in fiber can improve cholesterol levels by lowering ldl (bad) cholesterol and improve levels of hdl (good) cholesterol, reduce risk for metabolic syndrome, coronary heart disease and stroke, lower blood pressure and reduce inflammation.
Diabetes--- diet high in fibre can lower risk for type 2 diabetes.
Cancer--- high fiber rich diet can help prevent colorectal cancer and also lower risk for other common digestive system cancers, including stomach, mouth, and pharynx.
Skin health--- when yeast and fungus are excreted through the skin, they can trigger outbreaks or acne and eating fiber can flush toxins out of body, improving the health and appearance of the skin.
Weight loss--- aiding digestion and preventing constipation, fiber adds bulk to the diet, help in losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight. Since fiber stays in the stomach longer, the feeling of fullness will stay much longer and will eat less.
Now I am studying. So I need time to be a mother. Is there any problem by using condom in first sex relations?
I am suffering from polycystic since few months. And this is causing severe pain in my lower abdominal part, weight gain, irregular periods, hairs on upper lips and weakness.
Therefore I miss my period since 50 days, Can I do sex in order to become pregnant? Is there any chances of it. As I don't seem pregnant after doing lots of test.
I had sex with my fiance. It didn't pain nor it bleed. I was free to move here and there and he didn't let the sperms go in. Is it I'm not a virgin? Or is it he didn't inserted his penis fully and will I become pregnant? I even fingered the place from where we get our periods that place is still hard and tight as it was before. And I had taken unripe papaya also to avoid getting pregnant is it ok. Please answer my questions.
5 Facts About Maternal Weight Gain in Pregnancy
1) Every now and then we find expectant women fussing about too much or too little weight gain during their pregnancy. One must remember that the absolute weight of the mother is not an indicator of the baby's well being inside the womb. Instead, another indicator called as the Basal metabolic Index (BMI- taken as a ratio of weight in kg/ height in m2) is more useful.
2) A normal healthy woman should have a BMI of 20-25 at the start of her pregnancy and the total average weight gain that she should achieve is between 12-16 kg spread over 9 months. Around 50% of this weight should be gained in the last three months of pregnancy. For women whose BMI is more than this value, should target less overall weight gain and vice-versa.
For example, if a woman weighs 80kg at the start of her pregnancy and is 1.72m(172 cm or 5-7feet) tall, her BMI would be approximately 27 and the average weight gain during pregnancy should now be between 7- 11.5 kg. Given below are approximate weight gain allowed for BMI values:
BMI Interpretation Recommended weight gain in pregnancy
1 15-20 Underweight 12.5-18 kg
2 20-25 Desirable weight 11.5-16 kg
3 25-30 Overweight 7-11.5 kg
4 30 and above Serious obesity 5-9 kg
3) Women who start their pregnancies at a higher than normal BMI are at higher risk of pregnancy-related complications but pregnancy is not the time for dieting or other weight loss procedures. One should aim to have a balanced approach and limit the total gain within the permissible range.
4) Some women loose 1-2 kg of weight in the first three months of pregnancy due to poor appetite and frequent vomiting. This is totally acceptable as long as their general health is not affected and there are no ketones appearing in their urine.Similarly, there might be times anytime during pregnancy when the weight gain would slow down or a woman may loose weight also due to poor appetite or loose motions.
5) At times, there would be a very rapid maternal weight gain in a span of a few weeks. Again there is no correlation with the baby's weight gain. Please have a look at your food intake and if there is no significant difference with the previous weeks, then have your blood pressure checked because water retention and swelling in the feet are common reasons for a sudden weight gain. Please ensure that you continue to hydrate your skin in this situation, to avoid getting too many stretch marks. Quick weight gain around the belly and thighs has been suggested as the number one reasons for excessive stretch marks.
In today’s busy world where life is catching us by the neck, vacation is a word that is slowly getting out of our lexicon. While for many, travelling is a passion, for few others, travelling means a bag full of woes spending money, getting exhausted or may be falling sick. But it is very important for you to take short breaks from your busy schedules and go on a vacation, where you will travel, not for work, but for your own tranquility. The reason why travelling for yourself is important is that, travel can surprisingly help you to stay healthier and happier.
Below mentioned are five surprising ways travel can help you to stay much healthier:
- It is an effective way of reducing stress. Physical and emotional stress can deteriorate your health. Travelling can help you to drift away from your worries for some time and can thus, reduce your stress.
- Travelling can also help you to rework on your sleep schedules. It can allow you to get adequate sleep that your body and mind require. Sleeping well does improve your health conditions.
- Researches show that travelling can lower your chances of developing heart diseases or heart attacks. Thus, it can help you maintain a strong and healthy heart and you stay away from a host of cardiovascular disorders.
- Travelling involves a lot of body activity as well as joint and muscle movements. Thus, it can help you to get rid of your sedentary lifestyle (like sitting in front of computers and working for long hours at a stretch) and improve your flexibility.
- The different people and the different cultures you get to come across while you travel can really lift your spirits up and ebb all negative energies away. Thus, not only can travelling help you to maintain a healthy body, but it can also help you to maintain good mental health too.
Remember, taking some time out from the humdrum of your city and spending time out there in the world outside might just help you cope with a problem which has been giving you a niggle for quite sometime now.
My mom having hypothyroid. She going weight and irregular periods. 37.5 mg thyroxine taking for daily. How to control or reduce weight.
Hi doctor. I want to know at what time is the pregnancy happens. If her periods lasts in 5 days. Then what is the better time to avoid pregnancy. When should we participate.
I am trying to conceive but m not able to conceive from last 6 month. I have a regular period but this month on 4 june I just got spotting. I want to know whether am pregnant or not. Is it possible to have spotting in early pregnancy?
Benefits of paneer for bones and teeth
Strengthens bones and teeth
Paneer is a high protein food having high level of calcium and phosphorus which helps in building strong bones and teeth.
Prevents from bone and teeth diseases
It prevents from various bones diseases like osteoporosis, joints pain and tooth problems like tooth decay and gums problems.
Provides instant energy
It is very energetic food provides instant energy after heavy exercises thus has capacity to fulfill calorie requirement of the body and improves the growth and development of the bones.
It helps in lowering the lower body pain, back pain and joint pain.
Fights with rheumatoid arthritis
It has omega-3 fatty acids and omega-6 fatty acids which helps in fighting with the rheumatoid arthritis and other bone problems.
Prevents teeth from harmful sugars
Its low level of the lactose content helps in protecting the teeth against harmful sugars.
Protects from tooth cavities
Its vitamin d availability along with the calcium prevents from the tooth cavities by preventing tooth enamels and helps to maintain good dental health.
Prevents from the skeletal deformation
Vitamin k and magnesium found in it calcify the bones and prevents from the skeletal deformation.
Benefits of paneer for weight loss
High protein diet
Paneer is high protein diet having monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat which helps in lowering the body weight, managing weight as well as reducing the risk of insulin resistance syndrome.
It has high level of dietary fibers which helps in digestion by improving the metabolism thus helps in reducing the weight.
Benefits of paneer for cancer prevention
Prevents from cancer
It is the good source of high quality protein which reduces the risk of various types of cancer such as stomach cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer and etc.
It has some cancer protecting agents called conjugated linoleic acid and sphingolipid which reduces the risk of cancer.