Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Poorna ChandrikaYour feedback matters!
I am working with psu company. Recently I have got transfer to posting near to my hometown. Actually I am away from my home since last 8 yrs, now it is really impossible for me to stay with them. Initially I was in different working environment, & now the job profile is of continuous travelling and dealing with customers, which is not of my type, still I cannot refuse to do so. I feel very depressed as here since it is metrocity, all other colleagues are from very high profile and they are very good in communications, which I am not. They don't talk freely with me and stay away from me. I feel very insecure and I feel I am not as talented as them. Also I am in love with a person which is of different religion, who stays at my previous workplace, now my parents are forcing me to marry with different fellow, and he is totally different from me. I dont like him at all. But only for my parents I agreed to marry with him. But all these changes are not digestible to me. And I am feeling very lonely, very insecure as well as depressed. Sometimes I feel I should suicide. Please guide me what to do?
Hi, My little brother his age is 15 and hight is 5.3 ft he has a problem in memory he work very heard on his studies he get up at 4 am for his studies bt after sometimes hi forgot the answers which he related he is in 9th standard he is very disappointment and he always think that hi can not do any thing in his life and he has also a problem in eye vision his eyes numbers in (--) please help what to do for boosting his memory power or vision too please please help.
My mother has always been very extremely possessive and she sometimes goes to extreme heights because of that. Recently on 28th April, I lost my father to cancer. He was diagnosed in JULY last year and survived only for 9 months. Those 9 months had a very negative affect on my mental and physical health. I got diagnosed with PCOD and Hyperthyroidism and the doctors have repeatedly asked me to avoid stress and tension. After my dad passed away, my mom's possessiveness grew to extreme new heights. She constantly keeps a tab on everything I do, who I meet. It feels as if I need her permission to breathe also. This has made me very volatile emotionally. I have started getting these episodes of anger, violence and uncontrolled emotions where I become so angry that I become abusive verbally. This is also taking a toll on my health as my bp sometimes goes as low as 80/50 then as high as 140/90 in a same day. I am unable to sleep, tensed, distracted all the time. I am seeing a guy she does not approve of but she needs to understand that he has been with me through the whole bumpy ride and even though I am emotionally a disaster right now he still refuses to give on me. She calls up in my office also asking about my whereabouts and travelling details and my job is also at risk now. All this is taking a toll on me every way possible. I really do not know what to do now.
How much exercise do people over age 50 really need? How much alcohol can someone over 50 safely drink, and does our tolerance change with aging?
After mutual agreement me and my boyfriend broke up. Now I am experience mood swings like anything. I feel like I need to fight with someone. I get into useless arguments, I started shouting. I was a calm ,polite and wise person but now i'm becoming stupid day by day, politeness has gone somewhere. I am not sad but these mood swings like sometimes I get angry sometimes I feel lonely sometimes I cry .i do not know whats happening with me please help.
I have lost my grandfather last year. I got depressed. I also not able to concentrate on my studies. Please tell me what I can do to overcome from it.
Anxiety is a common issue with growing teenagers. It is not the typical anxiety before exams or academic projects. It is more than that. Anxiety may be the result of the hormonal changes, which predominantly affect the adolescent years of growth. While your body copes with different changes, your mind tangles between the future liberty and present restrictions. Knowing certain facts about this anxiety trail can help you to cope with it.
1. Anxiety is not always a disease: Anxiety is not always a disease. It is a normal phenomenon among adolescent teenagers. However, in certain cases it may be severe for some teenagers. They may feel crippled with anxiety. Under such cases, one would require psychiatric help.
2. Talk to someone: A great way to relieve yourself from stress due to anxiety is to speak with someone. It can be a friend or someone close to share your thoughts. If you know the reason of your anxiety, share it, discuss it. You will definitely feel better.
3. Take a break: Entertainment and break from academic work and schedule is necessary for teenagers to lower anxiety traits. However, if the anxiety is due to peers, you may even take a break from them and engage in family.
4. Cry out loud: It is not a silly thing to cry when you are stressed under anxiety. Crying is an emotional outburst which essentially relieves the stress due to anxiety and lets you control the emotional disturbed state of mind.
5. Good sleep: Sleep is necessary for both mental and physical rest. You need to overcome from the fatigue of routine works, stressful events, peer factor, etc. Catching the essential 8 hour sleep is a great way to overcome anxiety issues.
6. Don’t be conscious: Anxiety is a common factor among all your peers. You are not the only one coping with anxiety stress. So, take it light. Relax and don’t be conscious about your anxiety problems. Consider them to be temporary.
7. Be confident: Losing confidence under the stress due to anxiety can be even more disastrous. The effects will never be better. So be confident about whatever you do, whether right or wrong. Every person learns from his own activities. Whether right or wrong, everything will give you a lesson. So you will never be a loser, you will win a lesson.
8. Don’t feel stupid: Being stressed with anxiety is not abnormal or stupid. Everything is okay with you, and you are not the stupid fellow out there.
9. You are not weak: Anxiety is not a sign of weakness. You can rather make it your strength. Fight it back and keep your energy and enthusiasm high.
10. Anxiety is temporary: As you move ahead of the adolescent period, anxiety will faint. You will be more confident and matured, able to tackle anxiety. So consider it to be an affair of a few years.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!