Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja BagdiYour feedback matters!
My wife is on her early pregnancy. Just wanted to know whether dates milk shake can be consumed. And also what are all the fruits should be avoided.
If period come than there is any chance. Of pregnancy 10aug we have contact 23rd aug se had period From 23rd to 27thAug.
I want to know. During pregnancy of 9 months. Kitne time tak husband wife's intercourse nhi kar sakti. .or securely kab kr skte he?
My menstruation cycle is not normal. Periods do not start in time in every month. So what should I do?
Hi Dr. I am 31 years old female. One month before I lost my son during delivery as it was preterm labor and true knot. There is fibroids in posterior side equal to egg size my Dr. said I got preterm labor due to this egg size fibroid. Now she has given me medicine named fibristal 5 mg. Before starting to take this medicine just wanted to know whether this medicine can cure my egg size fibroids. please advice.
I'm 31 years old female. Not getting pregnant. Taken fertomid for 5 days. Taking Glycomet from past 1 month & folic acid from 2-3 months. My progesterone level is 8.5 which is too low. What can be the reason for not conceiving?
I am a 21 year old girl my weight is 92 kg I want to get slim and a toned body what shall I do to determine the percentage of bone density muscle mass and fats in my body how shall I have long and thick hair please suggest me thank you.
I planning for a baby. I have done thyroid test value is 3.32. Is it normal. Can I conceive easily. Am trying for a baby last 3months. No medical issues. All chck up done.
I want to know how can I avoid pregnancy without using condom. Is there any medicine which I or my wife can take before having sex to avoid pregnancy?
Over the years, a sizeable number of people have expressed their affinity for brown rice as the healthier alternative to plain rice. Doctors are growingly recommending brown rice to all those, who are keen on losing kilos or keeping type 2 diabetes in arrest. Brown rice essentially undergoes less processing as compared to white rice, hence it retains all the essential nutrients. Brown rice contains the side hull and bran and consequently, it helps in replenishing the crucial body nutrients like proteins, thiamine, calcium, magnesium, fiber and potassium. The growing popularity of brown rice not only stems from its nutritive values, but also from the myriad healthy diet options that revolve around it. Unlike white rice, brown rice does not require artificial fortifications like synthetic vitamins in order to conform to the required standards of FDA. Brown rice enables you to enjoy the health benefits without compromising on the taste of rice. Brown rice is advantageous for not just the fitness fanatics, but is also the preferred meal for those with specialized dietary preferences like vegans.
Some of the rationale for consumption of brown rice are listed as follows:
- Controls insulin spike: Brown rice has extremely low glycemic rating because of which the blood sugar level in our body can be adequately controlled. While plain rice enhances the risk of developing diabetes, brown rice goes a long way in nullifying the glucose fluctuations in our body.
- High in fiber: Brown rice is one of the most important sources of essential body fibers. It helps in preventing colon cancer by supplying the necessary fibers and it also detoxifies the colon walls by eliminating the cancer causing substances from the body.
- Promotes weight loss: Brown rice regulates the bowel movements and thereby stimulates better metabolism. It is also considered to be one of the most wholesome dietary supplements because it remains a whole grain, unlike plain rice. Therefore, it is one of the most opted for food items for those wishing to lose the extra kilos.
- Rich in salts and naturally occurring oils: Brown rice is rich in body salts like selenium and manganese, which nourish your nervous and reproductive systems, thereby reducing the occurrence of diseases like cancer, arthritis and other cardiovascular syndromes.
- Ideal as baby food: Given that brown rice is replete in necessary body fibers and health boosting nutrients, it is ideal for baby food because it promotes fast growth in babies and also averts any nutrition deficiency diseases. It also protects the baby from any synthetic vitamins that emerge from the consumption of white rice.
Hi, I am 45 years old female. After intercourse there is lot of pain in my thighs. What is the reason and remedy. And during my periods headache is there.
The first few minutes after an accident or fatal health condition such as a heart attack or stroke can be crucial to a patient’s survival. The first level of medical care that needs to be given to a patient before they can reach a hospital is known as basic life support. Basic life support can be given by paramedics, emergency medical practitioners or even a bystander and does not include the administration of medicines or any invasive procedures.
The first step to take, if a person around you has had a fatal accident is to alert people around you and call for a doctor. Do not panic and try to keep the other bystanders from panicking as well, lie down the person on the floor with his head slightly raised and chin tilted back. Ensure the safety of the patient and look out for danger from traffic, fire, electricity, gas or other environmental hazards. Check the person’s response by calling out to him or shaking him gently. Look over the person’s body for injuries and check to see, if the person’s airways are clear. Look out for gum, toothpick, undissolved medicines, etc. However, do not put your finger in the person’s mouth as this may push the cause of obstruction deeper into the person’s throat.
Place your fingers in front of the person’s nose and mouth to check for exhaled air. Chest movement can also indicate how well the person is able to breathe. If the patient can breathe, do not let him make any abrupt movements and wait for medical assistance. If the person is not breathing, check his pulse and begin chest compressions.
One compression cycle consists of 30 compressions and two recovery breaths. To perform chest compressions, kneel beside the person’s chest. Interlock the fingers of both your palms and place them on the person’s sternum. Ensure that your elbows are not bent and your arms are perpendicular to the person’s body. Press down on the person’s chest twice in rapid succession. This completes one compression. If after 30 compressions, the person has not started breathing on his own, you may give the person two rescue breaths. Pinch the person’s nose shut and cover their mouth with yours. Blow enough air in to make their chest rise. The compression cycle can be repeated five times after which the person’s breathing and circulation must be checked again.
1.Continue Stretches for the spine in the morning
2 Breath Fresh Air and Practise deep breathing pattern
3.Use stairs always
4.Atleast one cardio activity every day like climb stairs fast brisk walk jog or make love
5.Maintain back straight always in walking sitting and standing
I am suffering from two uterine fibroid of 5 cm each. Is this possible to remove fibroids by laproscopic surgery. I have no child also.
My age is 49 & my wife age is 44 & we are physically fit so can we have a child as we are enjoying sex since last 8 yrs by keeping some days intervals but we couldn't becoming parent. Kindly suggest which types of Veg food & medicine should we take which has no side effects to both of us.
I have a problem with itching near my private place. It is long periods problem please give solution.
Doctor, I am 31 years old married want a surrogate baby, but I am not very rich to afford high amount. Please advice me. Thank you
I am Ashu, 27 years old. I had so much of back pain and M taking pain killer tablet but still M facing same problems. So please help me. And from last 4 months M facing irregular periods soguidefor this also.
The sweltering and scorching summers can bring life to a standstill. Monsoon provides the much needed relief, people long for. However, with merits come the demerits. In the excitement, do not neglect your health. The humid and damp weather can affect your health immensely. Many fungal and bacterial infections are common during the monsoon season. These infections can have a huge impact on the overall health. Skin and hair problems are also on the rise during this season. Thus, one needs to be careful about their diet and healthcare regime. Time and again, herbal remedies have proved their effectiveness in dealing with the various monsoon related health problems.
Herbal Remedies for skin problems:
- Acne, pimples, skin eruptions and rashes are common during monsoon. For people with oily skin, the situation gets worse. It is important to keep the skin clean and hydrated. For a healthy, blemish free skin, it is important to flush out the toxins. Drink 6 - 8 glasses (2-3 litres) of water daily.
- For oily skin, it is best to use a mixture of cucumber juice and rose water on the face. This mixture helps to reduce the oiliness of the face.
- Neem and Fenugreek (both leaves and seeds) are excellent herbs for the skin. Applying neem paste on acne, skin rash and pimples provides great relief. One can also wash the face with neem water (boiled overnight and sieved). Apply a paste of freshly grinded fenugreek leaves on the face to ward off skin eruptions.
- Sandalwood paste mixed with rose water effectively deals with acne and pimples. It provides a great cooling effect.
- Manjistha is useful against skin rashes.
- The antiseptic properties of turmeric are known to all. A mixture of chickpea flour (besan), milk and turmeric is an effective facial and body scrub. Use of aloe vera gel can also prove to be beneficial.
Herbal Remedies for Hair problems:
- Hair fall, itchy scalp and dandruff problems are common during monsoon. It is very important to keep the scalp clean and healthy.
- Aloe vera can greatly check and reverse the hair fall problem. Aloe vera hair mask is an effective herbal remedy to treat itchy scalp.
- Use of Amla, reetha and shikakai go a long way to control and prevent the hair fall and other hair related problems.
- Turmeric, ginger, honey, amla and tulsi are excellent herbal options to deal with cold and cough.
- Include lots of fruits, vegetables, avocados, berries and nuts into your diet.
- Avoid coffee and sweetened beverages. Opt for herbal tea instead.
- Avoid fast and processed foods completely.
This monsoon, do not let the health problems dampen your spirits. Embrace the goodness of herbal remedies and enjoy the season like never before.