Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
The best ways to avoid getting an STD are to abstain from any sexual contact and be in a monogamous, long-term relationship with an uninfected partner. To reduce the odds of getting STDs:
Ask your partner if he or she has an STD.
Ask partners to be tested before sexual activity.
Avoid sexual activity if your partner has signs of an STD.
Be aware of symptoms and get regular checkups with your health care provider.
My period date is usually 18 to 20 but there is no symptoms of period is it sign of pregnancy. There is pain in lower abdomen also.
Not all fats are bad for you. Dietary fat is the important key to have good health. All you need to do is eat the right amount.
How Fat Functions:
Fat is a macronutrient that provides calories and energy to the body. Primary function is that it's an energy reserve stored in adipose tissues. If you work out, your body first uses carbohydrates and then fat.
Good Dietary fat can be obtained from butter, ghee and oils. Other sources are unprocessed nuts and seeds, for example, almonds, pistachios and walnuts. Other amazing natural sources of fat are olives, avocados and coconuts.
Essence of Dietary Fat:
- Fats are an excellent source of energy.
- Fats containing coconut oil help in weight loss. Good fats can increase the process of fat burning and reduce unhealthy cravings, preventing unhealthy fat storage.
- If you are underweight, good fats are helpful to gain weight.
- Fats maintain the body temperature.
- Fats save your excess protein that may be used as fuel.
- Fat-soluble vitamins (vitamins A, D, E and K) are absorbed in the body with the help of healthy fats.
Remember that Vitamin A is very important for vision:
- Interestingly, fats are considered as lubricant, preventing dryness and dehydration.
- Healthy fats protect the body from experiencing inflammation, improving immunity.
- Cell membranes as well as hormones need healthy fats. Fat is required for the overall metabolism of insulin, regulating healthy blood sugar levels.
- Caprylic acid in fat acts as antiviral substance, while lauric acid has anti-bacterial effects.
- If you want to lower your cholesterol level, opt for foods with palmitic and stearic acid.
- Butyric acid may help in the reduction of risk of cancer.
- Certain fats such as ghee or castor oil give lubrication to the colon. This supports digestion and the elimination process.
- Oils have a property to act as a carrier of medicine and also carry herbs effectively to the preferred organ or any tissue.
- Pregnant women should have fats as these are a brilliant source of food helping in the development of the child's brain.
- Healthy fats indorse stamina and elasticity. This act interestingly for those who work out or even for those who work for long shifts in their jobs demanding physical work.
- Good fats boost cognition, memory as well as happiness. These help in the improvement of mental functions and your learning abilities.
Therefore, a balanced amount of fat is equally important for your body as that of other elements. Hence, eat right and stay healthy.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
AM 28 years old n I had sex after 4 days of periods. Can I conceive n how many days it take to confirm? please help me.
I am married man and still have sex with wife but I don't want to pregnent to my wife. Fir this what I should I do?
My skin is drying day by day, tried home remedies but they show result for short period of time only? What is the possible reason behind this?
Hi, I am 35 yr old. This time on the first day of my periods my right side of d face was swelled up when I got up in the morning. And I was having very bad pain. Kindly tell is it normal or what should I do. It's still on today is my 2 day but it is still paining but not like first day. Kindly acknowledged.
My wife is suffering from irregular periods. She is not having periods from last 8 months that is after 2 months of marriage. We have consult 5-6 doctors, she got periods for 1 months but that is also not normal and for 4 days only when we were doing her treatment with known doctor. As per my mother (Mother in law of patient) she would be having the same problem before marriage also, and the doctors also asking about back history, but my wife was not having this problem before marriage. So please I humbly request you tell me that is it necessary that for the above mentioned case there should be a back history means before marriage also she was facing the same issue or this happen after marriage also because all doctors to whom we consult they are also telling the same that this is the first case that we are handling in which patient having this issue after marriage only not before marriage. She is not having periods from last 7-8 months. So I humbly request you please tell my answer and suggest what I do next it very important and urgent.
Hi, I am 25 years old. I have been diagnosed with pcod. Was advised to lose weight. Have lost from 73 to 66 since January. So how will it help in pregnancy? Are the pcos dissolved because of my weight loss?
One of girlfriend girlfriend has 15 days pregnant but he fear to consult any gynecologist doctor as he feel doctor are not ready to give any medicine as he and his girl friend are not married but I wanna to know that if he visited with any doctor is what term and condition have that his girl friend can take abortion pill please suggest me as I can help him.
Hi, my wife is 34 years old after miscarriage at 5 months (first child), she has put on little weight but her tummy/stomach portion has come out a lot. Second thing after delivery there is severe pain.
With the modernization of all economies around the world, one health hazard that has become one of the largest perils within both developed and developing nations is the incidence of cancers of the female reproductive system, especially cervical and breast cancer.
Breast cancer is the formation of malignant tumors within the breast tissues of a woman. Usually, breast cancer affects women in the age range of 40 to 50, but there have been many reports of it occurring earlier. About 48 % percent of the Indian women having breast cancer have been reported to be under 50. This is an almost 17 percent jump compared to figures 25 years earlier.
Alarming Signs of Breast Cancer:
- The most common symptom of breast cancer is a new lump or mass. A painless, hard mass that has irregular edges is more likely to be cancerous, but breast cancers can be tender, soft, or rounded.
- Swelling of all or part of a breast (even if no distinct lump is felt)
- Skin irritation or dimpling
- Breast or nipple pain
- Nipple retraction (turning inward)
- Redness, scaliness, or thickening of the nipple or breast skin
- Nipple discharge (other than breast milk)
Screening Guidelines for Breast cancer:
- Mammography: US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommends mammography once in every 2 year for females between age group 50-75 years. Women with a family history has a benefit of starting at age 40 years. After 75 years there are insufficient evidence of benefit of screening mammography.
- Breast Self Examination and annual Clinical examination: breast self examination is easy to learn and and any abnormality should be reported to the oncologist.
- For High Risk/ Genetic risk factors: screening should start by age 25 or 10 years earlier of youngest relative affected. Annual mammogram and MRI or Doppler ultrasound alternating at 6 month interval can be considered.
Some of the common treatment options for breast cancers are:
- Breast conservation surgery - This is where the tumors are removed without cutting out too much of the surrounding breast tissue.
- Mastectomy - If the cancer has spread too far then large amounts of breast tissue has to be removed along with the tumor to stop its spread any further.
- Sentinel lymph node Biopsy - it's part of both surgical procedures, it decreases morbidities of lymph node dissection first draining lymph nodes only are removed in patients with clinically negative axilla. If negative on frozen section further axillary dissection is avoided. It avoids the morbidity of complete axillary clearance.
Cervical cancer ( Carcinoma Cervix)
Cervical cancer is the cancer of the cervix, which is the opening of the uterus and connects the uterus to the vagina. Indian women in particular are susceptible to cervical cancer as more than 1/3rd of the cervical cancer related deaths in the entire world happens here in India, which is about 74000 deaths annually. The leading cause for cervical cancer is HPV or Human Papillomavirus infection, which if left untreated and unchecked will result in cancer.
Alarming Signs of Cervical Carcinoma:
- Early lesions and precancerous lesions have no symptoms
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding such as bleeding after vaginal intercourse, bleeding after menopause, bleeding and spotting between periods or longer/heavier periods
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Pelvic pain
- Late stage disease may cause lower extremity swelling, problem with urine and/or stool passage
- Cervical cancer screening is most effective screening programme of any cancer disease resulting in significant decrease in mortality from carcinoma cervix
- United state preventive services task force (USPSTF) recommend cervical cancer screening starting at age 21 yrs.
- Between age 21-30 years cytology recommended at 3 year interval and HPV testing is not recommended.
- Between 30-65 years cytology every 3 year or cytology +HPV testing every 5 year.
- If previously adequately screened screening can be discontinued after 65 years.
- Women with prior total hysterectomy and no CIN can discontinue screening.
Apart from breast and cervical cancers, certain other cancers have also reported an alarming increase such as:-
Ovarian cancer (Carcinoma Ovary)
Starting in the ovaries, diagnosis of this type of cancer is usually delayed due to lack of visible symptoms in the initial stages. About 85% to 90% of ovarian cancers are epithelial ovarian carcinomas. Epithelial ovarian cancers tend to spread to the lining and organs of the pelvis and abdomen (belly) first. This may lead to the buildup of fluid in the abdominal cavity (called ascites). As it advances, it may spread to the lung and liver, or, rarely, to the brain, bones, or skin. The main treatments for ovarian cancer are surgery and chemotherapy.
Cancer of the endometrium (Carcinoma Endometrium)
Endometrium is the lining of the uterine wall and has along with ovarian, uterine and cervical cancer is also increasing in occurrences throughout India and the world.
The grade of an endometrial cancer is based on how much the cancer forms glands that look similar to those found in normal, healthy endometrium.
- Grade 1 tumors have 95% or more of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
- Grade 2 tumors have between 50% and 94% of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
- Grade 3 tumors have less than half of the cancerous tissue forming glands. Grade 3 cancers tend to be aggressive and have a poorer outlook than lower-grade cancers.
Cervical cancer along with Ovarian, uterine and endometrial cancer can be treated using the following methods:
1. Surgery: Radical Hysterectomy primarily preferred option for early stage disease. Both open and minimal invasive approaches are suitable.
- For precancer high grade lesion conisation is also option for compliant patient.
- In young suitable patient willing for childbearing trachelectomy is also possible in very early lesion.
- Depending on risk factors after surgery adjuvant treatment may be advised.
2. Radiation therapy or Combined Radiation therapy+Chemotherapy: Alternative to surgery in early stage and choice in late stage.
Certain prevention techniques that would be advisable to detect cancer in its early stages would be,
- Regular Pap smear tests for cervical cancer
- Taking vaccines for cervical cancer
- Regular mammograms and checkups for breast cancer
- Changing lifestyles to reduce stress
- Changes in diet to reduce risks
- Leading a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise
Related Tip: Can Ayurveda Really Treat Cancer? Find Out.