Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PonnammalYour feedback matters!
Infertility has significant social impact on india. Evaluation of male should occur simultaneously with female partner when there is no pregnancy after one year of regular unprotected intercourse. Semen ananysis is not a test of fertility. Fertility is couple related phenonmenon. The patient can not considered fertile only on the basis of normal semen analysis. It was shown that 30% of patients with normal semen analysis have abnormal sperm function. Semen anaysis should be performed according to 2010 who guidelines.
Male fertility problems ranges from decreased production of sperm (oligospemia) motility defect (asthaenospermia) morphology defect (teratospermia) or non-measurable level of sperm (azoospermia) which is diagnosed in 2% of general population. Azoospermia is one of the major reproductive disorders which causes male infertility in humans. Genetic factors are responsible for 1/3 rd case of azoospermia. There are two types of azoospermia obstructive and non-obstructive.
Obstructive azoospermia is defined as absence of spermatozoa in the ejaculate despite normal spermatogenesis and affects 6%-13.6% of infertile male while non-obstructive azoospermia is most severe form of azoospermia which affects 10% of infertile male.
Sperm retrived can be achieved in case of azoospermia through pesa (percutaneous epididymal sperm aspiration) mesa (microscopic epididymal sperm aspiration) tesa (testicular sperm aspiration or micro tese (microscopic testicular sperm extraction).
The appearance of 5 th edition of who manual (2010) is radical shift in understanding fertility in men. The 5 th edition of the who manual for semen analysis includes for first time reference values for human semen characteristics. Sperm counts >15 m are considered normal which means fertility is possible although it is imp to remember that higher values up to >140 m are known to increase fertility probability, values between 15-140 m represents a category of male subfertility.
Introduction of icsi (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) or testtube baby has brought hope for men when severe male factor infertility and provide them chance to become biological fathers.
My periods are 13 days late. I checked on preganews last night it was negative. What should I do. As I am planning for family.
Although both are similar, treadmill and jogging are very different from each other. The same muscles are used in both the exercises and the same forward body movement is involved in both the exercises. Both are done for cardiovascular fitness, to decrease the amount of fat in your body, and to tone your legs. However, here are a few pointers which show you the difference between treadmill and jogging:
1. Treadmill is easy: Running on a treadmill is easier than going out for a jog. This is because a treadmill has a plain running surface with a constant environment. But when you go out for a jog, the surface may not be plain; the environment might not be constant as it can be windy or extremely sunny. The treadmill can also be adjusted according to your requirements, like the inclination can be increased or decreased; the speed of the belt can be increased or decreased, etc. It also affects the joints less because you are able to have a flat surface to place your foot every time, unlike the rough surface of the roads and lanes when you jog.
2. Convenience: Running a mile at home on a tread mill is much more convenient than going out for a jog. You can hop onto a treadmill for a run anytime, but going out for jog whenever you feel like, is difficult and can cause inconvenience. The weather might not be appropriate to go for a jog, or you might have certain things to do which you can while you are on the treadmill.
3. Motivation: Treadmills allow you to see how much you have run, which will motivate you to work harder and surpass your previous limit. This is difficult when you go out for a jog as you cannot calculate how much you ran.
4. Burning calories: Jogging outside is much more challenging than jogging on a treadmill. This is because of the various factors which you have to face like weather and terrain while you are jogging outside. This causes you to burn more calories than what you would on a treadmill. However, you can change the inclination and the speed of the treadmill which will also enable you to burn more calories.
Although jogging outside and on a treadmill might have these few differences, you will get the best results, if you are able to combine both together.
Hi, I'm 20 years old female i'm trying to conceive. My periods was 3rd June and again I got my periods on 17th june but this mid cycle bleeding was different 1st day some spotting and 2nd day heavy flow and 3rd day little brown discharge my periods stopped and the bleeding was not painful as regular periods. And from past few days I can feel some cramps in my stomach. So this is the symptom of pregnancy?
I am married for 10 months now, I got my period on last month 27th and I still didnt get it till now. I have checked twice for pregnancy, once on 29th and then on 3rd, both times I got negative result. I have also put on weight. What could be the possible reason?
Adding some sea salt to your bath water can do wonders for your health. It not only rejuvenates you, but also helps in balancing the energies of your body. Here are some of the health benefits you can get by opting for a sea salt bath.
Sea salts contain traces of minerals like magnesium, bromide and potassium, which give your body a soothing feel and relieve aches. Immersing your body in warm salted water helps in eliminating muscle cramps and pain and relaxes you completely. Moreover, studies suggest that sea salt baths are beneficial for your psychological well being as well.
2. Elimination of harmful bacteria from your skin
The sodium chloride content of any salt makes it an effective disinfectant. When you bathe in water containing sea salt, it speeds up the healing process of minor cuts by killing the harmful bacteria and even helps the blood to clot.
3. Moisturized and thoroughly cleansed skin
Sea salts, when combined with warm water, help cleanse your skin deeply by opening skin pores and getting rid of impurities, oil and dirt accumulated on your skin. Sea salt contains magnesium, which not only keeps your skin hydrated, but also removes wrinkles and reduces the appearance of fine lines to give you younger looking skin.
4. Relief from rheumatologic conditions
When you mix some sea salt in your bath water, it provides for better blood circulation in your body, and hence, gives relief from rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis.
5. Healthy bones
Sea salts are rich in calcium, which makes a sea salt bath good for your bones too as it helps in strengthening them, thereby reducing the chances of developing osteoporosis.
Dissolving sea salt in your bath water aids in the better functioning of the lymph system of your body, which in turn helps in getting rid of the toxins and by-products of metabolism. More significantly, a sea salt bath can reduce swelling by removing the accumulation of fluids around your ankles, thighs and knees.
7. Treatment for common cold
A warm salt water bath proves to be an effective way of treating common cold as the combined effect of the temperature of the water and minerals present in sea salts improves your blood circulation.
Apart from these benefits, salt water baths are devoid of any types of side effects. So, don’t forget to mix some sea salt into your bath water to give your day a fresh and healthy beginning.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.