Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PonnammalYour feedback matters!
What should we do if amniotic fluid level is 2.5 mm, and due date for delivery is 31.11.16. She feels no labor pain yet.
Hi i Had intercourse once of every 2-3 days, want a baby, sperm enters many times into ovary, but still no sign of pregnancy and still menstruating, want a baby, I am a little fat (78 kg), that's why in time of straight (face to face) intercourse- my belly obstacks, so we choose for back style (dog), and I regularly pee after 1.30-2 hour of sex. My period is 29 days cycle, and its still no delay or no stop. I did pregnancy tests 3 times, every time result is negative. What I have to do- to get pregnancy. I am 20, my hubby is 30 yrs (wgt- 66kg), please help.
Hi, I had unprotected sex with my husband on 3rd day of my periods. What r d chances of pregnancy? Hw to avoid it as we do not want a baby nw. I hav gt regular 28 days cycle. Please help.
I had unprotected sex on 21st of april and I took unwanted 72 at the 70th hour. then I had my periods on 2nd of may for two days which are my normal menstruation. And now in this month I am not getting my periods. I am tensed. Please help.
Use arjun chhal powder with milk at morning
Bhumi amla (phylenthus nuri) root powder 1tsf bd with punernava qwath
Empty stomach use 2-3 buds of lahsun with haldi milk
Flex seed (bhune hue) 2tsf with warm water
Dalchinni powder1 tsf with giloy qwath bd.
I am pregnant since 3 months. May I know why I am Suffering from severe back pain and foot pain? And what should be done for the recovery?
Last 5 day I am suffering form vaginal infection and today I have black discharge once after that its came white is any serious issue.
Pain in the joints continues to bug mankind till this very day. There are different types of joint pains, which might occur all of a sudden, with no signs of receding. The most common of them all are arthritis, tennis elbow, frozen shoulder, back pain and repetitive muscular strain. These joint pains are sometimes impossible to diagnose properly by the regular modes of diagnosis. In those cases, resorting to the homeopathic mode of medication might be a good idea as it is a medication based on treating the actual cause of the disease and sustained use might result in complete remission of the pain.
Some commonly used homeopathic medications for pain in the joints are as follows:
- Rhus Tox: This is the most commonly used in homeopathic preparation for severe joint pains, the symptoms of which include severe pain after relaxation, pain triggered by slightly wet weather and pain after walking or running for a long time.
- Arnica Montana: When the symptoms are pain in every joint of the body resulting in body aches and pertaining injuries due to accidents, Arnica Montana serves as the perfect medication.
- Actea Spicata: This medicine is primarily used as a remedy for pains in the small joints of the hands. The symptoms for which the medication can be implemented are rheumatoid arthritis in the joints of the finger and swollen wrists after usage of the hand.
- Colchium: This medicine can be used in case of Rheumatoid Arthritis (inflammatory and chronic form of arthritis).
- Bryonia Alba: This medication can work wonders if the symptoms include severe pain in the knee joints while walking, severe swollen joints and osteoarthritis (affects the flexible tissues present at the bone ends).
However, it is always advisable to take medication as prescribed by your doctor, as the potency and frequency can only be decided by your doctor.
I had sex with my to be husband. I took ipill and then after 1 week I got 1 day bleeding. My periods date was 24th jan and still I dint get my period and I checked for pregnancy test with preganews and got negative result. Is there any problem why I didn't get period still. Are there any issues?
Hi, I am a 29 year old obese female. I am married and have a girl child. I delivered her in c-section in 2012. I have pcos problem due to which I have irregular periods. In 2013, I had appendix laparoscopy and in 2015, I had cystectomy and d& c due to non-stop bleeding for 2 months. After that I got my periods in May and June. Since then, I have been getting bloody string like discharge or sometimes clots when I urinate or wipe my vagina. Feeling extremely tired and worn out. Pls help.
How treatment is carried out by Psychologist and Psychiatrist?
How can I abort myself at my home . I think I am pregnant of around 1 month . I don't want to go to the doctor. Due to society and all . I will be in danger and I am right now in depressed state . Please do reply. And all the thing and measures to be taken at home . I don't want to go any where and to anyone .
Hey I am 22 years old I had protected sex with my boyfriend but my periods are 23 days late and recently I had urine pregnancy test that is also negative I am also taking meprate twice from last 6 day but no results please help me or provide me any name of medicine.
I have pcod .Am a active person generally m trying to loose weight from last 1 years have gone for proper yoga ,gym have taken diet plan but its of no use till today. I am 5'6" tall Weighing 78 kg M trying hard to loose fat from tummy region but m unable to kindly tell me what best can be done to actually get result.
It is likely for you to experience false labour pain or false contractions before the beginning of true labour during pregnancy. This is called Braxton Hicks contractions, and it is the way of telling the body to get ready for the real labour pain on the day of giving birth. However, these false contractions do not indicate that the labour has started or will begin shortly.
How do false labour contractions feel like?
Women may get a tightening feeling in their abdomen, which comes and goes away, due to Braxton Hicks or false labor contractions. These false contractions may feel like menstrual cramps. These contractions are unlike true labour and usually do not cause pain. They do not occur regularly and do not get closer together. They do not last for very long or get worse with time. These false contractions may be felt during the second or third trimester of pregnancy.
The difference between Braxton Hicks and true labor contractions
There are several differences between true labor pain and false labour contractions. These are as follows:
- Comparing how often these contractions occur allows us to differentiate between true labour pains and false contractions. False labour contractions are irregular while true contractions occur at regular intervals. They last for over a minute, and they get stronger and closer with the passage of time.
- The change in these contractions are based on your movement, which allows us to differentiate between the two types. False labour contractions may end when you take a walk or rest, and stop when you change your position. In case of true labour pains, the contractions keep on continuing irrespective of any kind of movement or change in position. They do not stop even when you take some rest.
- The strength of true labour pain and false contractions is different. False labor contractions are weak in general and there are less chances of them getting worse. They are stronger in the beginning and gradually weaken. However, true labour contractions get increasingly stronger with time.
- We can differentiate between the two types of contractions on the basis of the areas which are affected with pain. False labour contractions only cause slight pain in the front part of the abdomen and the pelvis. True labour pain is much more intensive in nature. They usually begin from the lower back and move to the front abdomen region. They may start in the abdomen and move back as well.
If you are not sure and cannot differentiate between true labour pains and Braxton Hicks contractions, it is essential for you to consult a gynaecologist. A doctor will be able to identify the true nature of the contractions.