Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Panchakarma can be used to treat and heal the pain in the joints and the spine. There are specific treatments in panchakarma that targets these regions, they are:
1. Abhyanga - Abhyanga is a technique where warm oil is used to cover the entire body. The oil is then gently massaged so that it can penetrate the underlying tissues. It is used to lubricate the joints, muscle toning and to increase blood supply around nerve endings.
2. Pindasweda - In this technique hot cotton bags consisting of herbs, rice, and sand or medical powder are used to massage the body. This rejuvenating therapy induces perspiration in the body by which the herbs and the heat penetrates into the body. It is used to treat problems of the joints such as gout, arthritis, and sciatica.
3. Upanaha - A combination of herbal medicine is applied to the affected part and then covered with medicinal leaves. The herbs help in easing the muscles and tendons of the affected part. It relieves pain, reduces swellings and improves mobility in the joint.
4. Kati vista - In this treatment, medicated oil is pooled into a collar made from dough and then placed on the lower back for a specific amount of time. It strengthens the lower back, lubricates the spine and acts as a muscle pain reliever.
I am feeling my stomach tighten and feeling that I am pregnant becz I have plan to get a baby. My stomach cramps sometime but most of time it is tighten n feel like not to eat? M I get pregnant as my date is on 12 April. If I miss d period. Is there a change to hope for a positive result.
To keep up good health, it is absolutely necessary for one to indulge in physical exercise or activities. Physical activities, in general, are linked to a host of good benefits, such as reduced stress and a healthier and better outlook, besides increasing the body's resistance against complications like heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes and muscle pain among others problems.
Similarly, the practice of yoga is an ancient tradition well known for its health benefits. In addition, walking can further complement the practice of yoga and they can together prove to be highly advantageous, to the extent where they can be possibly regarded a better alternative to the act of gyming.
Here are a few benefits of gym workouts followed by the benefits of yoga plus walking:
Benefits of gym and other exercises:
- Keep muscles fit
- Enhance respiration and perspiration
- Helps in weight loss
- Relieve stress
- Increase appetite and food consumption
Benefits of yoga and walking:
- Keep you active throughout the day
- Help bowel movement
- Increase mind control over the body
- Improve blood circulation
- Relieve anxiety and keeps one stress free
- Can be practiced anywhere and everywhere
Although it can be argued that gym workouts are better than yoga and vice-versa, the subject matter is highly ambiguous and debatable. Since both activities are good for your health, physically as well as mentally, it is very difficult to say which one is better; perhaps a detailed comparison of the differences between the two may be more helpful:
- While gymming and other exercises focus on building the body and helping you attain the desired body figure, yoga and walking aims at regulating the entire body mechanism, with more emphasis on mental control.
- While gym workouts may be more expensive, yoga requires minimal accessories and is therefore, more economically convenient.
- Yoga is suitable for people of all ages, whereas gymming and other intense physical activities are not advisable for old people or those with specific medical ailments like hypertension and heart problems.
- There are minimal withdrawal effects with yoga, in contrast to gym workouts.
- Gymming requires you to go to the gym, whereas yoga and walking can be done anywhere and everywhere.
I am 20 year old girl suffering from pcod for the past 2 year I have taken treatment but there is no effect either ayurvedic treatment is better result?
I am 29 years old and in last month of pregnancy. It's my first baby. Doctor said my amniotic fluid level is mild increase in level. Is there any problem to go for normal delivery?
My wife discharge some white liquid before or after the periods then what should she do for stop it?
We had sex without any safety. We are fearing about the unwanted pregnancy. How can we know that a girl is pregnant in the early stage of sex. How can we remove pregnancy? can we pregnancy totally by eating papaya. I didn't even produce the sperm at the time of sex. Will the pre cum effects it?
My wife was 3 month pregnant and due to baby not develop has to do abortion. Doctor said may be due to virus. My wife blood O- and my AB+.she has given Anti D injection after Abortion. Now what care we should take in future pregnancy and when can we plan next.
I am a 19 year old female. Unmarried. I have irregular periods for past few months. There is no proper bleeding. There is just reddish black discharge coming out instead of periods. I have severe lower abdominal pain regularly and I'm putting on weight. I have a history of pcod which was healed.
Adding naturally sweetened foods like sweet onion, sweet corn and sweet potato to your meals instead of the regular processed sugar to sweeten food is a brilliant idea. Not sure how? Read on…
1. Sweet Potato
It is loaded with the benefits of Vitamin D that enhances energy levels, moods and helps your heart, nerves, teeth and immune system build healthy bones. Sweet potatoes are high in Vitamin C and produces collagen which maintains your skin’s youthful elasticity. They also contain magnesium which is an anti-stress and relaxation mineral.
This rich vegetable is so versatile you can use it roasted, pureed, steamed or grilled for different purposes. Sweet potatoes make a great salad when you add it atop a plateful of leafy greens, carrots, bell peppers and onions. It acts as an ideal alternative to burgers, when you add it as filling to whole wheat sandwiches, bagels or tortilla wraps.
2. Sweet Onion
Sweet onion contains flavonoids, which reduce the risk of heart diseases, help in proper digestive function, and keep your bones healthy when consumed on a regular basis. The sweet vegetable also comprises of anti-inflammatory agents. Fresher and milder than regular onions, sweet onions have a higher water content and lesser levels of sulphur compounds.
You can caramelise or sauté it for toppings, use it raw in salads as well as add like an alternative of onions in Indian as well as continental dishes.
3. Sweet Corn
Sweet corn comprises high levels of thiamine, or vitamin B1 a nutrient vital for brain cells and cognitive function. It is also an excellent source of folate or vitamin B9 which lowers the risk of heart attacks, strokes and peripheral cardiovascular diseases. Hundred per cent consumption of the daily requirement of folate can reduce the risk of heart attack by 10 per cent.
Sweet corn adds as a great ingredient in any dish be it raw salads, gravies, sandwiches, pasta or rice recipes. You can even add melted butter, salt and pepper to a bowl of warm sweet corn for a healthy evening snack.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.