Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PonmalarYour feedback matters!
I am 4 months pregnant. I went for ultrasound found 15 mm stone in gal bladder .also found pancreatic infection .admitted 3 days in hospital. Infection is under control. Discharge from hospital. Now I have pain on my right side of stomach and when I am puking its Green coming out. Vomiting is green in color. What should I do?
Hello, I am 26 years and i am 9 months pregnant mai chk up k liye gyi thi ultra sound m bche ki heartbeat nhi Aayi dctrs ka kehna h ki abort kra lo and mere me koi symtoms bhi nhi h jise bleeding nhi huyi h to m kya kru?
My marriage since 8 years passed, but my wife have not conceive till date. After my 2nd years marriage we will try to visit some doctors, I. U. E done 4 times but when 1st I. U. E. Done, then my wife conceived but unfortunately miscarriage done then we try to meet some doctors, but my wife did not conceive. My wife age is 34, my age is 41, after regularly treatment doctor told me, ovulation disorder. So it create problem to conceive but all the medicine and doctor visit has been stopped since 2 years. So please tell me what can I do for conceive my wife.
- do not forget to take the medicines as prescribed by the doctor.
These days, infertility is a rising problem. The branch of gynaecology has successfully discovered a variety of procedures, which are helpful in conceiving in an artificial manner. These are known as Artificial Reproductive Techniques (ARTs). Artificial insemination is one of them. It is often termed as intrauterine insemination, which is used as an effective treatment of infertility worldwide.
This process helps the couple in conceiving by inserting the sperm directly into the womb of the woman. These days, most of the couples who are unable to conceive prefer to go through this process rather than going for adoption. One of the major reasons behind the immense popularity of this treatment procedure is its good success record.
There are several risks associated with this process that one should know before opting for this procedure for having a baby of their own.
Multiple births because of fertility medication: When the process of artificial insemination is carried out by using the fertility medication, there are immense chances that the mother gives birth to more than one child at a time. It can be twins or even triplets. The problem associated with multiple births is that it might contribute to complications like miscarriage or premature delivery. In case of multiple births, babies are usually not healthy and they are more prone to die in the first week of birth, which is very unfortunate for the parents. Gestational diabetes is also one of the consequences that can affect the mother during pregnancy.
Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome: It is not a common issue, but potentially a very serious complication. In some cases, the ovaries of a woman get swollen because of the fertility medication given during the artificial insemination process. Swelling causes symptoms like nausea, abdominal cramps, vomiting and bloating. Usually, the symptoms of OHSS include shortness of breath and chest pain that occur four to five days after the use of fertility medication. One should immediately contact the doctor, in case they notice similar kinds of symptoms during their fertility treatment.
In most of the cases when the doctor is unable to figure out the reason behind the infertility of a couple, the only alternative they suggest is the process of artificial insemination. Artificial insemination is quite an affordable and non-invasive method fertility treatment, which is preferred by thousands of couples every year. There are certain risks in this medical process and it is recommended to consult an expert gynaecologist.
Hello. I am 22 year old female. I got married 9 months ago. For last 3 months me and my husband is doing intercourse regularly. But I haven't conceived yet. I don't know why? Six months before my marriage I had PCOD. But it was cleared by a doctor and after that till now (more than 1 year) my menstrual cycle is regular. Even during scanning on that time doctor said tha my uterus is good and strong. I am totally confused and depressed. Even though we are doing it correctly why nothing is formed? So where is the problem either on our intercourse method or on our health. I doesn't know. Please suggest me what is the problem. I am totally upset. Please help me.
Hi this question is about my wife she is 27 years old, on feb 16th we had sex and she got period on feb 19th but after that it's more than 2 months she didn't got period till now I just want to know is there any chance that she is pregnant an if it is so how can we detect that and as we are not ready for child so is there any method to avoid it please help me.
I have PCOD problem. I am taking Ayurveda medicines for that. But I'm noticing excess fat in my body increasing day by day. Mainly I can notice that in my arms, thigh and legs. Will this be permanent or can I do anything to reduce the fat. Please suggest me what to do. I am worried a lot. Thanks in advance.
Recurrent abortion My wife pregnant 24 week. Imp 15 sep2015. While pass urine a sharp pain through vagina to upper abdomen for few minutes. Duphaston 10mg twice a day Ecosprin once Safe start twice Above medicine is going on since conceiving Pls tell me why is pen in whole abdomen every time.
I delivered a baby on 24th may lscs was done now my stitches little paining and lump found near stitches what might be this please suggest any solution.
Hello I am 12 weeks of pregnancy and I feel like eating only sweets, is it safe to eat sweets n dark chocolates all the time, please kindly help me.
Sir. I suffer much more stomach ache and back pain and anger in the menstrual period. Is this results any other problems?
Hi, I am 32 years female. After pregnancy my weight is gained. Now my weight is 71 kg and my height is 5.4feet Can you please suggest me the way by which I can loose my weight.
I m 25 year old female my uterus shows two live embryos are 7 weeks. Llying in separate sac. But a Cystic mass measuring 52.1mm?38.7mm seen in right adenexa please Tell me right advice. Kiya delivery ke saath ye cystic mass ko operation kar ke bina kisi loss ke bhar nikal sakta h.
I am 6 week of pregnancy. I have horrible lower back pain which travels to the legs as well. It brings tears to my eyes. Is it normal or I consult doctor. please Any suggestions urgently.
Hello 30 year old. My period is not regular from 1 year. My period start 2 month gap. My ultrasound test is normal. Harmon unbalance hai. Please tell me any medicine jisse mere period regular ho jaye. Please. Suman.
Rare forms of bone oriented tumours are giant cell tumours, which are mostly found in the bones that are long. This tumour is mostly found in young people between the age of 25 to 40 years and is more common in women than in men. The slow progressive growth of this tumour is more like a lesion rather than a mass, and it causes significant pain. It can also lead to bone destruction. Let us find out the various facets of these tumours including causes, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.
- Causes: The actual cause of this condition is not yet known, although many orthopaedic specialists tend to associate it with Paget disease, which is a chronic bone disorder. The main symptoms of this disease include enlargement and deformity of the bones. Giant cell tumours are not associated with injuries, genetics or environmental factors.
- Symptoms: There are many symptoms that can point at the presence of the giant cell tumour. These include pain in the joints surrounding the bone on which the tumour is growing. Also, inflammation and fractures might be caused due to this growth. The surrounding joints may face difficulty as far as movement goes, and fluid retention might also take place.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the condition is usually done by an orthopaedic specialist who will conduct an x-Ray to study the area surrounding the bone. This will help in throwing up images of the tissue, bones and other organs in the area. The doctor may also carry out a biopsy during which tissue samples will be procured for further examination under a microscope, so as to determine whether or not the growth is a malignant one. Also, radionuclide bone scans may be conducted to find out if there is any bone change due to other bone diseases and this tumour.
- Treatment: The treatment of this condition will depend largely on the patient's age and medical history where the doctor may take stock of any other ailments and diseases which may or may not interfere with the chosen path of treatment. One of the ways of treating this condition is with surgery that will help in removing the damaged bone. In very severe cases, amputation may also be required. Further, bone reconstruction surgery can also be followed for treatment.
- Prognosis: Local recurrence is a risk as far as giant cell tumours are concerned. A CT scan of the chest, abdomen and pelvic area should be carried out in a routine manner for at least two years after treatment.
Any persistent inflammation and pain should be checked by a doctor to detect any such growth.