Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PonmalarYour feedback matters!
My breasts skin getting loose. I want a fit and maintained figure for my husband love. What can I do?
Should I and my partner go to blood test before having sex? Because this will make us aware about transmitted diseases. Ex:- HIV. Is this right? And any other alternate option that will give 100% security for having Sex with partner.
Long Term Health Consequences of PCOS
You are at greater risk of developing the following long-term health problems if you have PCOS:
1) Insulin resistance and diabetes
If your blood glucose does not stay normal, this can lead to diabetes. One or two in every ten women with PCOS go on to develop diabetes at some time. If you have PCOS, your risk of developing diabetes is increased further if you:
- Are over 40 years of age
- Have relatives with diabetes
- Developed diabetes during a pregnancy (known as gestational diabetes)
- Are obese (body mass index or BMI over 30).
2) High blood pressure
Women with PCOS tend to have high blood pressure, which may be related to insulin resistance and to being overweight, rather than the PCOS itself. High blood pressure can lead to heart problems and should be treated.
3) Heart disease in later life
Developing heart disease is linked to health conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure. If you have a high cholesterol level you may be advised to take medication (statins) to reduce the risk of heart problems.
If you have less than three periods in a year), the endometrium (lining of the uterus) can thicken and this may lead to endometrial cancer in a small number of women.There are different ways to protect the lining of the womb using the hormone progesterone. You should visit your doctor if you are having lesser number of periods in a year. She will then prescribe a medicine to help you get the period. PCOS does not increase your chance of breast, cervical or ovarian cancer.
5) Depression and mood swings
The symptoms of PCOS may affect how you see yourself and how you think others see you. It can lower your self-esteem.
6) Snoring and daytime drowsiness
PCOS can lead to fatigue or sleepiness during the day. It is also associated with snoring.
Dr. My wife is pregnant of 1.5 month. Can we have sex and for how long with how intense. please suggest.
I am 9 months pregnant now. According to last usg report my edd is 31 july, 2016. will the baby born between 31 july? Is my baby fully matured then?
1. It keeps your immune system at great -- sexually active people take fewer sick days. People who have sex have higher levels of what defends your body against germs, viruses, and other intruders. Studies found that college students who had sex once or twice a week had higher levels of certain antibody compared to students who had sex less often.
You should still do all the other things that make your immune system happy, such as:
Eat right- balance diet.
Stay active - do morning workouts.
Get enough sleep- at least 6-8 hours.
Always use a condom if you don't know both of your std statuses.
2. It boosts your libido -- having sex will make sex better and will improve your libido. For women, having sex ups vaginal lubrication, blood flow, and elasticity, she says, all of which make sex feel better and help you crave more of it.
3. It improves women's bladder control -- a strong pelvic floor is important for avoiding&nbsp;incontinence, something that will affect about 30% of women at some point in their lives.
Good sex is like a workout for your pelvic floor muscles. When you have an orgasm, it causes contractions in those muscles, which strengthens them.
4. Can be counted as an exercise -- sex is a really great form of exercise. It won't replace the treadmill, but it counts for something.
Sex uses about five calories per minute, four more calories than watching tv. It gives you a one-two punch: it bumps up your heart rate and uses various muscles.
So get busy! you may even want to clear your schedule to make time for it on a regular basis. Like with exercise, consistency helps maximize the benefits.
5. It lowers your blood pressure -- research suggests a link between sex and lower blood pressure. There have been many studies - one landmark study found that sexual intercourse specifically (not masturbation) lowered systolic blood pressure. That's the first number on your blood pressure test.
6. Can lower heart attack risk -- a good sex life is good for your heart. Besides being a great way to raise your heart rate, sex helps keep your estrogen and testosterone levels in balance. When either one of those is low you begin to get lots of problems, like osteoporosis and even heart disease.
Having sex more often may help. During one study, men who had sex at least twice a week were half as likely to die of heart disease as men who had sex rarely.
7. As a pain-reducer -- before you reach for an aspirin, try for an orgasm. Orgasm can block pain -- it releases a hormone that helps raise your pain threshold.
Stimulation without orgasm can also do the trick. It has been found that vaginal stimulation can block chronic back and leg pain, and many women have genital self-stimulation can reduce menstrual cramps, arthritic pain, and in some cases even headache.
8. Reduces the chances of prostate cancer -- men who ejaculated frequently (at least 21 times a month) were less likely to get prostate cancer. You don't need a partner to reap this benefit: sexual intercourse, nocturnal emission, and masturbation were all part of the equation.
However it is still not clear that sex was the only reason that mattered in this aspect. As lot of factors affect cancer risk. But more sex won't hurt it rather.
9. It improves sleep -- you may nod off more quickly after sex, and for good reason. After orgasm, the hormone prolactin is released, which is responsible for the feelings of relaxation and sleepiness.
10. Stress reliever -- being close to your partner can soothe stress and anxiety. Touching and hugging can release your body's natural feel-good hormone. sexual arousal releases a brain chemical that revs up your brain's pleasure and reward system.
Sex and intimacy can boost your self-esteem and happiness, too.
It's not only a prescription for a healthy life, but a happy one.
Sir my wife was very low sex drive and very few things about sex and very low sex feeling, please help us.
I'm married for five months and I calculate my ovulation using BBT and P Tracker. It said my ovulation was on 7th nov. We had contact on 5th, 6th and 9th nov. Now I found some white discharge in small. Is it mean that every thing came out. Can I get pregnant.
Hello sir, I had a protected sex with my partner and there is delayed in her periods so is it a point of worry for me. I Am serious for her but I don't want kids yet. So suggest me some thing that everything goes on track again.
Rules for living:
• Do not smoke.
• Drink alcohol in only very small amounts or not at all.
• Keep to an ideal weight and waist size.
• Avoid saturated fats.
• Select preferably low-Glycemic Index foods.
• Have a low-salt diet.
• Be careful of excess CATS—Caffeine, Alcohol, Tobacco, Sugar.
• Take regular exercise.
• Practice relaxation.
6 common mistakes most women make that endanger their breast health
Good breast health is very necessary for a woman to avoid the risks of getting breast diseases, most particularly breast cancer. But there are some common mistakes most women make without knowing that they contribute to the threats of breast diseases. Read on to know which common habits may be bad for your breast health and what lifestyle alterations you can make to avoid them.
1. Not taking requisite care of your breasts with increasing age
The chances of developing diseases like breast cancer increase with age, especially as you enter the 40s and 50s. Most women don't consider their chronological age with requisite seriousness and this can expose them to higher risks of breast diseases. As you hit 40, you should sincerely make it a habit to get regular clinical exams to maintain proper breast health.
2. Not considering an annual mammogram
An x-ray of the breasts is known as a mammogram which is usually performed to detect premature symptoms of breast cancer. Studies reveal that a large number of women do not consider getting an annual mammogram done even after the age of 40. Experts are of the opinion that this can be threatening to your breast health as a delay of even a few months can result in developed and undetected breast cancer symptoms. So, it is recommended that after entering your 40s get a mammogram done after every year.
3. Not keeping track of your weight
According to researchers, women who have bmi (body mass index) more than 25 are considered obese and have greater chances of developing breast diseases in comparison to women having a balanced weight. The risk rises due to increase in the formation of oestrogen caused by the greater number of fat cells. Increased level of oestrogen is responsible for the growth of 'hormone-receptor-positive' type of breast cancer. You should try to eat healthy and regularly monitor your weight to avoid obesity.
4. Avoiding exercise
Avoiding exercise can have adverse effects on your breast health. Studies prove that women who exercise for about 4 to 7 hours every week have lower chances of developing breast diseases. This is due to the fact that regular workout ensures limited blood levels of the hormone 'insulin growth factor' which significantly influences the growth and behaviour of breast cells. So, start exercising from today to stay fit and maintain proper breast health.
5. Drinking too much alcohol
Regular consumption of alcohol increases risks of breast cancer as it causes damage to the DNA in cells. Moreover, it raises levels of oestrogen and other hormones responsible for triggering 'hormone-receptor-positive' breast cancer. You can avoid this risk by keeping your alcohol consumption to moderate levels and reserved for special occasions.
6. Exposing yourself to too many chemicals in the form of cosmetics
Most women use too many cosmetic products containing certain chemicals that increase their chances of developing breast diseases. This happens because often these chemicals tend to disturb the hormonal balance of the body by mimicking or blocking certain hormones.
My wife is having dark circles on eyes from starting (from the starting of periods). Pls suggest something for permanent relief. She had taken many medicines but not feel any change till date even after peeling also. Before her first period the circles was very light but turned darker after that and till now. She used to take good diet like fruits and vegetables.
Is there any pills/tablet or medicines Which are for females getting in her sex mood or aise koi dawai hai female ko sex mein la sakey ya aurat ko sex chadhane ya sex mein laane ki koi tablets hoti hai jis se wo bht zyaada sex mein aajaye.
Are you protected if you are not taking krimson 35 same time each day. I always take it after dinner usually within 9 pm-11 pm. Mostly at 10.30-11 but sometimes I have taken it at 9 also. Will this reduce the effectiveness of the pill. Moreover if you are taking the pill regularly are you protected within that 7 day break. And sometimes if we fall pregnant on that 7 day break will we still have withdrawal bleed?
I am a 35-year old female. Sometimes, I feel scared for my future and think negatively. This happened from two years back. I am taking 0.12mg amisulpride on alternate days. Please suggest is this Ok. I am happily married and have one son.
If the LMP is 7/1/2016 then up to what time we can wait maximum for labour pains to come I.e, instead of going for operation. Please reply soon.
Physicalbeauty. Since a human being is a body-mind- soul complex, a'contented' soul is also
Necessary for perfect physical beauty. If the esoul is not happy and content, this
Discontentment will be reflected on the physical
Level. Modern concepts of applying cosmetics
To look beautiful or surgically fixing physical
Abnormalities is akin to keeping a beautiful
Bird (soul) inside an intricate, precious cage
(body). Rather than feeding the bird and
Listening to it sing, all our energy is devoted to
Polishing and maintaining the cage. If we do
Not feed the bird (soul), it will not be happy
Even though the cage (body) has been
Polished, washed and painted.
It is essential to feed the soul in order to
Attain permanent and everlasting beauty. Food
For the soul includes practicing non-violence,
Speaking the truth, helping others, not cheating
Or exploiting others and living with love, peace
And harmony. A contented soul fuels the subtle
Energies of the body, which regulate cell
Functions and rejuvenate the body. This is the
Reason why saints and spiritual persons (gurus,
Swamis) look beautiful, attractive and young
Even though they generally do not use any
Cosmetics or make up.
According to ayurveda, attaining beauty,
Therefore, depends on maintaining a balanced
Mind and contented soul and not merely on
Physical beauty treatments. Even physical
Treatment should be of natural origin. It should
Not aim at temporary good looks but at
Ensuring permanent and everlasting beauty.