Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Pon.Tamil VananYour feedback matters!
My mother is having gap in her knees from last 1 year. Doctors have suggested operation for that as she is unable to walk properly. Both knees have swelling. So kindly suggest me way to do. Even pain killers are not working now.
Hi I have lower back pain since two years and there is swelling on my lower back which did not allow me to walk properly and when I get up I can not walk for 5 min more over the make me to walk in a curve shape what should I do for it.
I have strength Nd back. Pain am 6 feet height. Jow can I strengthen my back. Pleas suggest me doctor.
Sleep on your back or side only. Do not sleep on your stomach as this often causes lower back and neck strain. Use a quality contoured pillow that provides adequate support to your head and neck while sleeping.
When your back is painful you may place a pillow under your knees (when on your back) or between your knees (when on your side).
I have pain in my heal. I was get a injection and pain is gone but after one year pain is start again. So. Help me.
Could you please tell me how long it tool to cure Ankylosing Spondylitis or medicine need to continue? I am on medicine for last 5+ years.
I have got a sprain on my leg ankle outer side. I have taken out the x ray. Everything is fine. But the sprain is not going even after 11 days. Please see and give the solution.
I had a back pain I used a pain relief tablets n ointment. From couple of days but it's not reducing the pain What should I do.
Sir actually my mother 30 years old she usually always feel paining in foot like घुटनआ how see can get rid off ?plz.
I am 26 year old I have paining in all joint of legs how to ge relief from this problem please give me suggestion.
I am 46 years old male. I do regular strength work out in gym. I am feeling pain in my left leg hamstring during 215 lbs deadlift. Pl suggest.
Low back pain, which affects nearly every one of us at some stage of our active adult life, is one of the most common ailments afflicting mankind. It is described in many ways, such as fibrositis,slipped disc, lumbago, arthritis in the back, rheumatism; or, when it causes pain extending into the leg, sciatica.To most people low back pain remains a mystery. It often starts without warning and for no obvious reason; it interferes with simple activities of living, moving about and getting a comfortable night's sleep; and then, just as unexpectedly, the pain subsides. When in acute pain we are usually unable to think clearly about our trouble and simply seek relief from the pain. On the other hand, as soon as we have recovered from an acute episode, most of us quickly forget our low back problems. Once we have developed recurrent low back pain, we cannot do anything else but seek assistance, time and again, to become pain free. Usually, due to a lack of knowledge and understanding, we are unable to deal with present symptoms ourselves and until now have had no way of preventing future low back pain.
- Of course, you can can call on people with particular skills-----doctors, physiotherapists or chiropractors-for treatment, but in the end only you can really help yourself. Self treatment of low back pain is now widely accepted; it will be more!: effective in the long-term management of your low back problems than any other form of treatment.
- If you have developed low back pain for the first time, you should consult a health care professional such as your family doctor, a specialist physiotherapist or chiropractor. You should also seek advice if there are complications to your low back pain: for example,if you have constant pain which is referred into your leg all the way to your foot; if you have numbness or weak muscles; if, in addition to the back pain, you feel unwell. All these circumstances indicate the need to consult a health professional.
I have lot of pain in my joints particularly in knee & ankle what will I do I take lot of calcium tablets & vitamin d injections but no effect.
It is considered as the medical speciality, which caters to injuries and various diseases in the musculoskeletal system of the human body. This constitutes the joints, bones, tendons, nerves and muscles that enables a human being to move, be active and work. Orthopaedic surgeons perform special problems like diagnosis of the injury or disorder, treatment with right medication, rehabilitation that is by prescribing exercises and physical therapy in order to restore back movement, function and strength and finally prevention by providing information and plans of treatment to prevent the injury or reduce the progression of the disease.
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP)
PRP is the next generation injection method which is used commonly for conditions like knee, hip, shoulder and spine osteoarthritis, cuff tears, ACL injuries, pelvic instability, tennis elbow, back and neck injuries, ankle sprains, ligament sprains and tendinitis. It includes higher blood rate platelet concentrations and the patient experiences fewer chances of inflammatory side effects due to its pure PRP mixture.
How does it heal the body?
- The human body at first responds to the soft tissues injury which is to have the platelet cells.
- They are packed with healing factors that initiate repair and also attract critical assistance of the stem cells.
- The process intensifies the human body’s efforts which directly delivers a higher platelet concentration into the area of need.
- To create the PRP, a small section of the patient’s blood is drawn and it is placed into centrifuge which spins blood at a higher speed and separates the platelets from the components.
- It is injected into and at around the mark of injury and it significantly strengthens the process of healing.
- Just because the patient’s own blood is used in the process there is no risk of transmissible infection and also has less chance of allergic reaction.
- The procedure takes a couple of hours inclusive of the recovery and preparation time. It offers instant recovery as well avoids a long stay in the hospitals and application of anesthesia.
Outcome of PRP?
As the goal of PRP therapy is just to resolve pain by healing, it can prove to have long-lasting results. Initially, improvements are seen within few weeks eventually increases with the healing progress. The research studies have shown that PRP therapy is safe and effective and enables the patient to get back to their normal daily routine.
The PRP is very rich in platelets and it is a very old therapy that is adopted. It is a simple process and has multiple injections lasting 60-90 minutes and above all, it has natural end results, for example, PRP therapy is applied in hair restoration that provides natural appearing end results. It is a reliable process and therapy.