Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Pon.Tamil VananYour feedback matters!
I am Deepak gautam I am 22year old. My problem is when I seated tha chair a long time my backbone pain is very high so what should I do.
Ankylosing spondylitis refers to a form of arthritis that affects the spinal column. This condition causes the bone vertebrae to fuse together leading to a rigid spine. Depending on the extent of the damage, this could result in mild changes or in a stooped posture. Although the cause of this disease is not known, it is said to be passed down from one generation to another through a gene called the HLA-B27. This gene is also linked to spondylitis.
Ankylosing spondylitis cannot be cured, but with treatment, the pain and stiffness associated with it can be managed. Along with medication, physical and occupational therapy is a must when treating this disease. In some cases where the disease has caused severe deformities, surgery may also be recommended. However, an early diagnosis can also help prevent significant deformity.
A physical exam and an X-ray are the key factors used to confirm a diagnosis of Ankylosing spondylitis. Some of the symptoms associated with this disorder are:
- Pain and stiffness: Everyone complains of a backache at some point or the other but a persistent lower back ache could be a sign of something serious. Spondylitis often starts in the sacroiliac joints and hence the lower back, buttocks and hips are the first to be affected. Pain that lasts for more than three months should not be ignored as it could be a sign of Ankylosing spondylitis.
- Bony fusion: This condition causes an abnormal growth of bones in the spinal column. This can lead to the fusing of bones in the spine. The bones of the neck, back and hips are most affected by this bone fusion. While this can affect a person’s mobility it can also cause complications. For example, the fusing of the ribs to the spinal column or the breastbone can restrict the expansion of the chest while breathing.
- Pain in ligaments and tendons: Apart from the bones, this condition also affects a person’s tendons and ligaments attached to the bones. For example, pain in and around the heel may be caused by tendonitis.
- Other symptoms: The symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis are not restricted only to the joints. Hence, it is also known as a systemic disease. Some of the other symptoms exhibited by people suffering from this condition are fever, fatigue, inflammation of the eyes and a loss of appetite. Some people may also complain of lung and heart problems.
My right knee pains sometimes. Especially while exercising. It has been pain irregularly since the past 3-4 months.
I suffer from muscles weakness problem, lower back pain and cervical pain. Frequently do running. Cardiovascular and yoga exercises. Could you tell me, what diet plan I should follow to recover from all problems?
Dear Dr. I am having back pain as well as lower abdominal pain. And while passing urine burning sensation is there is this normal infection.
Shoulder problems usually happen because of internal problems or external trauma. People who are into any form of manual labour, pick up a lot of heavy things regularly or play sports experience shoulder pain at some point of time or other. Shoulder pain can be detected by physical examination, mri, x-ray, ultrasound and medical history.
The most common types of shoulder problems are arthritis, fracture, dislocation, frozen shoulder, rotator cuff tear, and rotator cuff disease. Cures for the different shoulder pains are different. Follow these simple ways to help you manage the pain.
1. Rest the hurtful shoulder: you need to take ample rest. Using the arm which is affected is not a good idea and needs to be avoided. If your job involves manual labour, it is advised that you stay at home to rest.
2. Ice pack healing: applying ice pack on the wound is also advised around 3-4 times in a day. This varies as per the kind of shoulder pain, so doctor's advice must be followed.
3. Be consistent with exercise: depending upon the source of pain, physiotherapist will advise certain sets of shoulder exercises. It is very important that they should be performed diligently for fast recovery.
4. Support it well: wearing a sling is extremely important and should not be taken lightly at any point of time. A good support will ensure there is no mislocation and faster recovery.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.