Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Pichai BalasubramanyaYour feedback matters!
My father urea level is highly is 71 because that any problem coming or not how to reduce this level.
I think I'm Suffering from UTI becoz My urine is smelling bad and I feel pain while I pee tell me what should I do.
Hello, I am preganant, in 5 month scanning following impression appeared: bulky & echogenic foetal left kidney with multiple small cysts within. Mild pelviectasia of foetal right kidney. Do that time I have to take any precautions. My doctor told me that I have to do nothing for that. After delivery, you have to do scanning of baby's kidney. Is it ok or I have to take any precautions for that? please advice.
One of the person (doctor) said I have uti and seamen in my urine . Is it possible that spam go through urine ? Guide me . Ty.
Hi doc, I have a irritation in my anal not when doing stool. It's on and off .I to feel there is a some skin formation .no bleeding no pain nothing .I don't know is that a skin formation or it's natural. But irritation still persist .dint show a doctor yet .kind of disturbed .please suggest.
What are the do's and don't's for a female patient of 47 years who had stone in Urinary bladder but had successfully operation but for future prevention of recurrence of Stone in Urinary or Uterious.
I suffer from pills for one year. I have been taken some homeopath medicine, but no any improvement. It is the last step of pills, some pill are come on outside of anus.
Excessive prostatic fluid secretion even at mild excitement and starts burning inside the penis in urinary tract.
Urinary Incontinence is the sudden urine loss that occurs involuntarily in women. Some of the factors which cause urinary incontinence are pregnancy, menopause and childbirth. It should be noted that urinary incontinence by itself is not a disease, but is a symptom of other underlying disorders such as diabetes, infections and other conditions.
Causes of temporary cases of urinary incontinence include:
2. Urinary tract infections
3. Excess consumption of alcohol and caffeine
4. Consuming carbonated drinks
5. Use of artificial sweeteners
6. High doses of vitamin B and vitamin C
7. Being on sedatives, muscle relaxants, blood pressure and heart medications
8. Eatables which are too spicy, acidic or sugary
However, persistence of incontinence might be due to a more serious condition. Some of the causes are stated below:
- Age: The bladder muscles tend to weaken with age. This affects the bladder’s urine holding capacity.
- Pregnancy: Hormonal changes and increase in weight during pregnancy can cause incontinence.
- Menopause: Oestrogen is responsible for the healthy maintenance of the lining of the urethra and bladder. The onset of menopause causes the oestrogen hormone levels to drop. The gradual damage of the bladder tissues causes incontinence.
- Childbirth: The bladder control muscles are weakened during normal vaginal delivery, thus leading to incontinence.
- Obstruction: Occurrence of tumours in the urinary tract can block the normal flow of urine which can cause incontinence.
- Hysterectomy: The same ligaments and muscles support both the bladder as well as the urethra. With removal of the uterus by hysterectomy, the pelvic floor muscles are deteriorated. This leads to urinary incontinence.
- Neurological disorders: Conditions such as multiple sclerosis (autoimmune disorder in which the immune system destroys the protective sheath of the nerves), Parkinson’s disease (disorder affecting motor functioning of the body), brain tumours, spinal injury or strokes are capable of causing incontinence.
Different forms of urinary incontinence are classified on the basis of their symptoms:
- Urge incontinence: Urge or urgency incontinence occurs when there is a leak before the person reaches the toilet.
- Stress incontinence: Small amounts of urine leak out during normal physical movements such as sneezing, coughing and exercising. This happens because of the minimum stress exerted on the body, and hence, the name.
- Functional incontinence: Sudden leakage of urine occurs due to external deterrents or physical disabilities such as not being able to find a toilet.
- Overactive Bladder: This is characterized by frequent and urgent urination.
- Overflow incontinence: A full bladder, at times, leads to unexpected leakage.
- Transient incontinence: If urine leakage occurs due to temporary situations such as infections, or new medications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.