Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pichai Balasubramanya
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Pichai BalasubramanyaYour feedback matters!
I had to get up 4 times in night for urination. It appears that there is little difficulty in urinating. Probably urination tract has shrunk.
I am 20 years old women and I am suffering from UTI. It's already been almost 2 months. I have been taking antibiotics still it didn't get cured till now. I had sex in between for like 2-3 times. And I used tampons too. Since 2 weeks I am getting a ticklish sensation in my vaginal opening. I don't know what it is! It doesn't itch it just feels weird and sore. It feels as if something is inside I don't know what to do. It's pretty uncomfortable.
I am having severe burning sensation in my urethra. Urine culture is normal. Have enlarged prostate. Taking medicine darilong and sildura 8mg. But no appetite and no sleep at night. Hv to go to toilet many times. Pl help.
Hello sir, I had right kidney pain yesterday ,done with scanning, said that I have a 5 mm ureteric calculus, it is in the passage (urethra). Is it possible to remove through drinking of fluids or any tabs. Sir if stone is appeared for once ,do it continues next year's in my life time. What kind of food should I avoid to eat. Help me in this regards sir Thank you.
I am 31years old female. I am suffering an urticaria problem since 2006. I did so many treatment about same but did not any change, temporally I feel relaxibility so I tired from all tablets so kept all that medicines and alternate I have been taken a cetragen tablets. Pls guide me how I will free from this urticaria, and also I want carry pregnancy but do not conceive. In last three years I missing my unmature pregnancy from 3 month. So pls advice and proper guide.
I hv enlarge prostate 65 cc. For prostate surgery other than laser treatment there is now another treatment PE prostate artery embolization What are + or - of these treatment.
I have lot of itching in my anus. I took albendazole thinking worms but it is not going. There is no pain or wound it's very mild itching feels like rubbing anus part. In night I feel little more while sleeping. Kindly help with some ointment.
Kidney stones are salt and mineral deposits that accumulate inside the kidneys. Your treatment may depend on the severity of your condition; ranging from medications to surgery. Once you have had kidney stones, there is an increased chance of you experiencing the problem again. Preventive measures can help in reducing your risk of kidney stones.
Prevention of kidney stones
Medical recommendations about preventive measures can help you keep kidney stones at bay. Here are top tips to prevent recurring kidney stones.
- Hydrate Well: Drinking sufficient water is an extremely important kidney stone preventive measure. The amount of urine your body produces depends on your consumption of water and other liquids. If you exercise quite often or live in a place with hot or arid climate, you may further need to increase your water intake. Ideally drink enough water for your body to produce 2 to 2.5 litres of urine every day. You can also include lemon juice mixed with water or fresh orange juice in your diet. These juices contain citrate, which can prevent formation of kidney stones.
- Take Dietary Precautions: Altering your diet may be necessary to prevent recurring kidney stones.
- Oxalate is a naturally-occurring compound in foods, which may bind with calcium to form kidney stones. To prevent kidney stones, you may need to stop or limit intake of foods high in oxalate, such as beets, soy products, spinach, sweet potatoes, rhubarb, peanuts etc.
- However, you don’t need to cut calcium from your diet. In fact, if you eat calcium and oxalate foods at the same time, you can further reduce your risk of kidney stones. Calcium binds with oxalate inside the digestive track, thereby, lowering the chances of kidney stone formation. Though use calcium supplements only as per your doctor’s recommendations.
- Reduce your intake of salt. Excessive salt can increase the amount of calcium in urine and form kidney stones.
- Eat animal protein in moderation as meat is acidic in nature, as to much uric acid in urine can cause both uric acid stones and calcium oxalate ones.
- Foods and drinks high in sugar can also increase uric acid in urine. So, it is better to limit their intake if you have a history of kidney stones.
- Take Medications: If you are a kidney stone patient, you also need to take medications to prevent recurrence of the problem. Without medicine use, the risk of kidney stones in patients may increase.
Once you have had kidney stones, you need to take caution for life. Without proper medicines and diet precautions, not only you increase your risk of kidney stones but also of other kidney diseases. Heed the recommendations of your doctor or consult with a good nephrologist. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!