Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. PeriyasamyYour feedback matters!
I am a kidney stone patient, how to remove kedny stone forever, which type of precaution required, is there any homemade medicine for kidney stone?
I am suffering from post void dribbling and little but slow urine speed. Otherwise I don't have any other problems. Is it caused by masturbations?
My Father's kidney is failed. Its almost fail. It is just working 8-9%. What is the best treatment for that?
I am sixty year old man. I am not able to pass urine with a flow. It blocks somewhere. I have to press my lower abdomen to pass urine. Ultrasound report says it is diverticulam. What is the treatment.
I'm 20 year old suffering from kidney failure. I'm on dialysis from 2 years. Now I am decided to kidney transplant.please suggest on this?
I have diabetes from past 18 years and also have kidney problem Now suffering from diabetic neuropathy leg selling is not getting reduce I consulted doctor and took medicine but its not getting reduce how can I get rid of it.
I am suffering from weakness. And also from kidney stone problem what I do and what I not do give me solution.
I am 58 years female. I have issues regarding leakage of urine while bending, laughing & coughing. No itching or pain is there. Please advise.
Sir I have suffering from pee in bed. Rarely its happen in 1 time or two times in a month. It is happen when I drinks a lots of water in night or eat rice heavy. So its happened in the night. Pee in the bed. Please sir help me and my age is 24 male. Please doctor give some suggestion?
When I am eating I am feeling to vomit and I have problem in my urin its irritate while urination and not able to take diet in proper ways suggest me what to do.
What are kidney stones?
The primary function of the kidney is to filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It may cause the urine to get highly saturated. This is when stone-like formations take place inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are also termed renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination, extreme discomfort during urinating and presence of blood in the urine are some of the major signs of kidney stones. The symptoms are not evident if the stones are very small in size.
Causes of kidney stones:
- Incorrect calcium intake: High amounts of calcium can lead to high calcium depositions in the kidneys. It is important to keep the calcium intake moderate. Calcium supplements must be checked if you have already included dairy products in your diet.
- Abnormal rates of sodium in the body: Sodium, just like calcium, gets deposited in the kidneys.
- Excessive animal protein intake: Too much of animal protein intake can make the urine turn acidic, leading to uric acid depositions in the kidneys.
- Sugary, aerated drinks: These lead to undesirable waste deposition in the blood stream and eventually in the kidneys.
- Inadequate water intake: Not keeping the body well hydrated can cause the urine to turn acidic and increase waste deposition.
Potential risks and complications of kidney stones:
- Kidney stones may cause an infection in the kidneys which may eventually spread to the other internal organs and surrounding tissues.
- Kidney stones block the ureter and cause severe pain and discomfort that make sitting, standing or any other posture difficult.
- Kidney stones rarely cause kidney failures but the severe blockage and infection may cause such detrimental results in the human body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.