Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Periyasamy
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. PeriyasamyYour feedback matters!
Doctor, I am having problem of urination. It takes some effort to urinate and urination flow is slow. So I went to doctor. He gave me dutasteride+tamsulosin medicine regarding prostate. My prostate volume is 27.10 cc. I have been taking medicine only 1 in 1 day from past 12 days. But still my problem is same. Please tell me in how many days the effect will show by these medicines? I am stress.
What medicine should be taken for the extreme burning during urination. And how to cure the infection caused in the genital area.
I have kidney stones. It happens to me say every 2 to 3 years. Currently I am using mixture of olive oil with lemon, apple cider vinegar with honey and water and few other remedies to pass them out. My question is: How do I know what kind of kidney stone my body is developing so that I can make changes in my diet accordingly. Appreciate your help.
I am suffering from an enlarged prostate (36 cc) since about an year. I am a 63 yr. Old married male living in Ghaziabad. Canyon advise the Ayurvedic treatment. Regards Vijay Kumar Aggarwal 9868805168.
How many days it takes to cure or heal fully after fissure surgery & why puss like substance is coming out from anus?
My baby who is 1 years old, is having yellow urine, this ive noticed quite a no. Of times. Can this be anything serious? She has almost 450-500 ml of water a day, but still the urine is pale. Kindly guide me.
He got stone removed from kidney in a procedure URS and got stunt in ureter. Surgery is normal and successful but swelling in the face in the right side come which even surgeon has no clue, what may be the reason of swelling after this procedure please let me know.
Nephrotic syndrome is a type of kidney disorder wherein, the body passes out excess amount of proteins through urine, owing to the damage caused to the tiny clusters of blood vessels in the kidneys. The symptoms include putting on excessive weight as a result of fluid retention, foamy urine and severe swelling around the region of the feet, ankles and eyes.
Common causes behind it
- Minimal change disease (also known as nil disease) leads to the abnormal functioning of the kidneys
- Excess deposit of amyloid proteins in the organs, thus taking a toll on the filter mechanism of the kidneys.
- Diabetes affecting the glomeruli (capillaries present in the nephrons of the kidneys).
- Systemic lupus erythematous causing chronic swelling of your kidney.
- Membranous nephropathy wherein the membranes in your glomeruli thicken.
- Infections such as malaria, hepatitis C, hepatitis B and HIV.
- Medications to combat infections and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Kidney Biopsy is an essential part of disease assessment.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors bring down blood pressure levels as well as the amount of protein discharged from the urine.
- Water pills help control sweating, thus, increasing the fluid flushed from the kidneys.
- Statins reduce cholesterol level.
- Blood thinners such as anticoagulants lower the risk of blood clots.
- Corticosteroids regulate the immune system and ease the inflammation that results from kidney disorders.
- Incorporating certain lifestyle changes such as opting for lean proteins, cutting on the intake of fat in the diet and consuming lesser amounts of salt can treat inflammation and swelling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.