Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PeriyasamyYour feedback matters!
I am 52 years old man. I am suffering from acidity. I just feel pain at left side middle the stomach or just below the rib. Ultrasound shows nothing.
Currently I have a very bad cold and nose block and also have cough. The right side of my abdomen starts hurting.
My Friend Stool Has Black Spots In It I wonder what problem that could be. Is It Some Kind Of A Internal Bleeding?
1. Keep your house fume-free.
2. Perfumes, and soaps, can be a problem for some children with asthma. Any product with a strong smell releases chemicals into the air. For a child with asthma, these fumes can cause an attack.
3. Avoid exposure to strong smell of oil paints, turpentine, perfumed candles, etc.
4. Keep windows closed during evening as pollen count is high.
5. Wash sheets and other bedding in hot water at least once a week to limit dust mites. You can also cover pillows and mattresses with special dust-proof covers.
6. Avoid keeping pets like birds, dogs and cats.
7. Limit your use of pesticide sprays when you can. Keep cockroaches out of your home by keeping food in airtight containers or in the fridge and keeping your trash tightly covered.
8. Prevent mold growth. Get a/c cleaned regularly. Use exhaust fan while cooking or showering to prevent mold growth.
9. Avoid smoking.
Doc. My sister has a pain in left chest and left hand yesterday mein doc ke pass le gyu thi unhone checkup kiya but sab kuch normal tha but fever h usae 101.9 toh unhone kaha fever ke wajah se pain but I am not sure plzz suggest me ki koi aur symptoms toh nhi h doc. Jo h woh heart ke h hai so unhone sab checkup kiya.
I am 20 year old. Male. I have to ask that some time I got pain in ear soo much I don't know why it rarely happen and its from childhood so, what to do once I visited to doctor and he say all alright. Thank you.
Have a problem of pain in The following areas ! 1.Trapezius 2.Rhomboids 3.latissimus dorsi My mom have a problem in these areas . ! She feels pain after working . , From her right to the upper back and lower back she feels pain . Its been a problem since 6 years. , in the beginning it was not that much pain . But from the past times its become a major problem for her . , Please help her out . Her Age was 46 years , She's a Beautician (After doing any Work from her right hand the pain starts. Her thyroid test was negative in other test she has a problem of low vitamin d .
As soon as I got up my sugar level will be more ie 112, 107, 110 like that after some time it will be less than that like 100 ,102 r 104, is it prediabetes? I am worried or else it's normal? I left taking rice in my daily routine, no tea no coffee. Only millets & oats that's all I am having. I really worried a lot. After food it's shows normal ie 135, 128 r 120.
Sir my grandmother is suffering from ovarian cancer. Her age is 80! Her cyst has become very large due to which her both ovaries are inseparable from the mass lesion! Doctors have said that there is a huge risk in surgery! please help!
My name is imran khan, I am 33 years old, I am from pakistan city of mirpur azad kashmir! My question is about health related stomach, I have always feel pain in it.
I am suffering from suffocation when ever I am traveling, and also when my mouth become dry. How could I get out of it.
Sir, I had a continues dry cough from last winter season. I take many medicine's but it doesn't cure my cough. Sir please tell me how can I get rid off my cough?
I work in a regular 9-6 office job, and for the past two weeks have been feeling uneasy every time I do some physical activity. Does this indicate some signs of heart problems. Do I need to get a check up done.
Although a vegetable, garlic is primarily classified as a spice and is used in many dishes across cultures. However, apart from the pungent smell which is the most known characteristic of garlic, it also has medicinal properties and thus, was even used by healers for various ailments before the advent of modern medicine.
Some of the reasons garlic is considered healthy:
Garlic is considered healthy for a multitude of reasons. Let's look at some of the ailments that garlic can prevent as well as help in healing.
- Great Against Common Cold: Garlic and garlic based homemade treatments are great ways to ward off the common cold. Garlic contains the chemical "allicin" which is known to aid health within the body. Having a few cloves or garlic can help you fight the common cold infection.
- It is Known to Improve Bone Health: Garlic is known to be very beneficial for bone health, especially in menopausal women. Women may encounter bone loss during menopause as the production of estrogen is lowered. Garlic encourages estrogen production which can stop bone loss and even protect against bone problems such as osteoarthritis.
- Is an effective agent in Lowering Blood Pressure: Hypertension is a known killer all across the world. Garlic contains polysulfides which are effective in vasodilation or the widening of the blood vessels and also relaxation of the muscles. This helps blood pressure being lowered within the body and is an effective home remedy if consumed in controlled amounts.
- Reduces Fatigue and is a Performance Enhancer: Garlic is known to reduce fatigue within people as it controls the heart rate by lowering blood pressure. Whether it is an athletic performance or other physical work related performance requirements, this spice tends to give an extra boost.
- Controls LDL Cholesterol, thereby reducing chances of Heart Disease: LDL cholesterol, also known as bad cholesterol, is controlled by allicin as it improves liver functions. The liver can then break down LDL cholesterol easily and thus also helps in preventing arteriosclerosis. Garlic is also known to prevent blood clots that lead to heart attacks.
- Garlic has anti-parasitic and anti-bacterial properties: Garlic has been known throughout the ages to be an effective anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic agent. Garlic extracts or small amounts of garlic in your diet can help you build up immunity and also kill infections within your system effectively. It is also known to be very effective against tapeworm infestations within the gut.