Find numerous Speech Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Speech Therapists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Stammering
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Vocal Cord Dysfunction
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Pavitra KiranYour feedback matters!
My father's prostate has enlarged. What should he eat and what he should not eat. Please help. His age 78. He has blood sugar 180 pp mg /dl. And now also facing problem with speak.
Hello sir, my voice is nosily. So can't speak in clear voice. Pls suggest any treatment for clearly voice.
I Can not speak properly I have a problem with my tongue when I speak I repeat my one word again and again plzz help.
I have a problem of Stammering. I not completely Stammering but in starting only, when I start conversation. I also feel problem when someone is telling something and I have to cut that topic.
Hello sir / madam from many days in am secreting saliva too much while speaking its just spraying a bit much how can I control?
The role of parents in language development of children is a primary one. Basically, it will be a one way communication as babies will not respond, but that should not deter you from speaking to them. It has been shown that talking to children early on helps them to talk faster and learn more words. The number of words a child hears is directly proportional to the amount of vocabulary he/she will be able to master.
6 ways to help your baby learn speaking:
- Let them listen a lot: Children learn speaking by listening first. So more and more words they will listen, so do they will speak. Make sure your child comes in contact with children in the peer group and plays with them as with the help of their friends they can learn many words.
- Read a book: You should start reading to your child as early as possible. The type of book is not as important as you may use, various touch and feel books such as graphic novels. Initially, you may start with board books and then move on to picture books and finally to story books. It helps in increasing the child's vocabulary.
- Talk as much as you can: Part of a child's ears and brain that respond to sound are developed since birth, so even though talking to your baby may not make much sense, talking to them enhances their development of speech. The infant absorbs the words which facilitates speaking.
- Look for cues: If the child is interested in something such as a book or a toy, then engage with the child on that subject. Encourage him/her to ask questions and interact as much as possible. These interactions help in enhancing the child's language skills.
- Limit television: Using television to teach vocabulary to your child is not as effective as talking directly. The primary reason is that characters in television do not react to your child's cues. This does not allow the child interact, which results in reduced language learning.
- Treat ear infections early: It is important to treat ear infections early as this causes hearing problems which in turn delays language learning. Consulting a pediatrician to get treatment for ear infections of your child is advisable. You should see to it that the child is being administered medications at regular intervals.