Find numerous Speech Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Speech Therapists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Stammering
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Vocal Cord Dysfunction
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Pavitra KiranYour feedback matters!
I have voice problem I can't speak loudly what should I do to solve the problem to get a normal voice.
Sir, I am asking about my 2 months baby podiatrist tell heart beat combined with murmur sound. Is that anything serious? He told that consult with cardiactist doctor I went cardiologist they check and told she having normal heart beat no worry. Again went podiatrist for general check up again telling the same baby having some heartbeat with murmur sound so check after 3 or 4 months. Tell the reason for murmur sound what to do next?
Sir mera chota bhai lagabhag 2 sal se bhut jayada totlata hai kafeee badam vagera bhi khila diya or herbal tereatment bhi kara liya koi aaraam nahi mila So please suggest me. M apne bhai k liy kya kar sakta ho.
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lychopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Which medicine/home remedies should take for the clearance of sweet voice? How should it be treated? I am having a good voice but whenever I started to sing it doesn't stable for a long time. Please help.
I want to be a singer and my voice is not at all good! I really want to see a change in my voice: and for that all I need is expert's advice. Advice about the time of exercise I should do to make my voice good and wht should I have to eat and what should I have not to? A full detailed chart from you all! I seriously need help Nd I want someone among uH to help me plz.
I do not get words in my mind while speaking, I get stuck and I think fast, and I stammer badly. Suggest me ayurvedic medicine or homeopathic medicine along with pranayama to cure stammering?
I want to become a singer like My voice is not so good. I want to make my voice sweet. What should I do to make my voice sweeter. Suggest answer.
I have difficulty while speaking. The words that I say becomes unclear for other. I feel more saliva comes from the glands and causes my speech difficult to understand. Does have anything to do with lack of drinking water or a lack confidence I don't go for the latter case because it happens during a casual talk.
I've noticed a developing tremor in my left arm over the last month that I've never had before, and it can get distracting enough to prevent daily tasks such as making coffee without spilks, and I've had a verbal stammering and stuttering problem. It's not severe, but I've become easily annoyed by small, simple tasks in my life and I'm uncertain what caused the onset. Is this an immediate concern, or one I can consult my family doctor about?
I am suffering from stammering problem. How can it can be cured sometimes I do not stammer but sometimes I do, so can you please help me out of this problem. Thank you.
Hello doctor. My name is sharath and my age is 15 years. I'm very fond of singing. But my voice is becoming too rough and breathing also not supporting me. And I get feeling of cough. What I do now?
I am 19 years old and I have a stammering problem from my childhood its create lots of problem for me. I use lots of methods and medicine but all methods and medicine not beneficial for me please suggest me some perfect medicine for stammering . Or suggest me is there any requirement for speech therapy and I am not always stammering , I am stammering only special alphabet like as S ,P, T , please contact me as soon as possible.
I have tongue tie. I cannot speak faster in public conversation. I have to apply lot of pressure in my tongue. I want to know whether tongue tie release will help me in my speech? How much it is effective?
I am 18 years male and I am having puberphonia. All doctors are saying me to consult an speech therapist. I need to know what does an speech therapy can do to cure puberphonia? And how many days to cure that? Tell me what will they do.
Aphasia is a communication disability that can result from damage or injury to those parts of the brain that process language. It can happen due to stroke, brain tumors, accidents, or brain infection. A brain injury which damages parts of the brain that deal with language can also bring on Aphasia. Aphasia can also be caused by dementia such as Alzheimer’s disease. Aphasia is sometimes also a symptom of epilepsy or other neurological disorders.
It’s more common in older adults, especially after a stroke. What happens in Aphasia is that the affected person is unable to understand or use words. He or she may also:
- Have difficulty speaking and finding the "right" words to express themselves verbally
- Have problems understanding conversation
- Have problems reading and comprehending written words
- Have problems writing words
- Is unable to calculate or use numbers
- Has a tendency to use gibberish words as a part of speech
There are various types of Aphasia, differing in certain important ways from each other.
Aphasia can also be mild or severe. With mild Aphasia, the patient is able to converse, though he may not be able to find the right word or may not understand complex conversations.
However, in severe Aphasia, a person may lose his ability to communicate completely which means he can’t speak or understand any conversation and may also not be able to read or write.
Three things that aid Aphasia recovery are
- Speech Therapy
- Family Support
Treatment for Aphasia depends on factors like:
- Cause of brain injury which causes Aphasia
- Type of Aphasia
- Position and size of the brain lesion causing Aphasia
- If the Aphasia is due to a brain tumor, surgery to remove the tumor affecting the language centre can treat Aphasia.
- For a person who’s got Aphasia due to a stroke, sessions with a speech-language specialist are very effective. The therapist teaches the patient ways to communicate using stuff that doesn’t involve speech.
He uses the following to help the patient communicate without words:
- Drawings and pictures
- Teaching patient to speak slowly and be calm when talking.
The speech therapist uses these two main techniques to tackle Aphasia:
- Substitute skill model: This uses a prop like a writing board to help with spoken language.
- Direct treatment model: This approach uses specific exercises to help patients
- Copy and recall therapy (CART): This approach uses repetition and recall of certain words during speech therapy.
- Visual communication therapy (VIC): This involves the use of index cards to represent various components of speech.
In addition, Aphasia patients are also trained in the use of hand gestures to aid in communication as a part of ‘Visual Action Therapy (VAT)’.brain tumor surgery