Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. PathyYour feedback matters!
Almost everything you eat and drink has an impact on your oral health, especially your teeth. This impact is not just due to the food's nutritional value, but also because parts of the mouth come in direct contact with the food that is taken. For example, if the teeth come in contact with a compound that has a pH value lower than 5.5, the enamel of teeth can get softened.
The following is a list of the foods, which are good for your teeth:
- Dairy products: Milk and most other dairy products are rich in calcium and protein. The cells called osteoblasts absorb calcium and create the protein tissues, which are the building blocks of the skeleton. An added advantage of these foods is that they are low in sugar content, which is beneficial for the teeth.
- Water: Fluoridated water is extremely good for bone and dental health. Minerals like chlorine, calcium, phosphorus and fluorine can prevent damage caused by acidic foods.
- Dry fruits: Most nuts are protein rich. The processes of biting and chewing also stimulate the salivary glands and saliva helps to clean the mouth and maintain oral health.
- Meat: Meat is also high in protein content and so it helps to protect the teeth and replenish the dissolved enamel. Fish and eggs are similarly helpful.
Here is a list of things that you should consume in regulated quantities to maintain dental health:
- Citrus fruits: Fruits like lemons, oranges, grapes etc contain citric acid. Acidic foods erode the tooth enamel and so these kinds of fruits should be included in your daily diet in small portions.
- Carbonated drinks: Most soft drinks and beverages contain large quantities of sugar. The sugar can be used by the dental plaque (mass of bacteria growing on the inside on the mouth) to produce acids and over time, which gives rise to a thick yellow layer on the teeth, damaging them.
- Candied sugar: Foods that are sticky can remain stuck in between the teeth for a very long time and cause decay of the enamel and harm the gums.
I feel like grinding my teeth, whenever I have sneezing problem. How they are connected? What is the remedy for the same.
Hi. I m 22 year old. My teeth are suffering from so many problems. Sometimes blood comes. Sometimes I have pain in my teeth. I used to brush regularly. Please suggest me something.
Dr. Last month I suffered with oral candilites. On 13-3-15 I am admitted in hospital. Dr was given inj forcan-200 for 5 days. Now iam not able to eat anything. Esophagus are getting pain when I swallow any thing including juices and water. Three days before again I admitted they r given inj forcan 200 od (fluconozole)&pancef-1 gm (ceftraxine1 gm ) bd, rantac bd & tramadol bd. So I have not found any result. Pls refer is this correct course.
I have bimaxillary protrusion, please advice it can be corrected with a surgery or braces can serve the purpose itself.
My lot of teeth very sensitive is there any paste or coating which can cover my teeth to protect me from hot and cold sensation.
Hii sir. I have space in my front teeth. And I want to reshape them. Please leovide me some suggestions.
Hello, Myself Vinod. I've been suffering from bad breath and gums are bleeding. Could you please tell me the reason why it is happening like this?
I am 28 years old male. I am suffering from dental pain at left upper m1 and m2. The dentist took the xray and explained as m2 is completely infected and m1 is infected but in the outermost layer of enamel.
I am 24 year old I I have bone loss in my lower gums as a result of being on long term steroids and possibly some periodontal problems. This has caused my 2 lower teeth to become loose.
Hello Sir I have teeth problem my 3 teeth damage and one is started .i have no money my treatment .i have available TTK card . You accepted card.
Respected Sir. My father is suffering from some black spots on internal lower lips. But these spots doesn't make any trouble and one more thing that he is using tobacco in leaf form. Plz clarify what is this?
I am 16 years old and from birth I have gap in between my upper front teeth and its growing with age. How to fix this problem?
I am a 21 years boy. When am brushing my teeth it is bleeding how get rid of it and how to get clean teeth.
Can posterior crossbite be fully treated? And will it change my face shape or structure as of now I have convex face.
I am 23 years old. I have mouth odours for about 4 years. Even though I brush daily. What to do now?
Have you recently got an extraction of your teeth from a dentist . What precautions do you need to take so that your wound heals uneventfully and you get back to your daily routine ASAP.
Here are a few tips to follow;-
1. There would be a cotton swab the dentist would have placed at the extracted site. Remove it after 30 mins.
2. Have everything cold and soft to eat. Its not everydy a dentist allows you to have ice-creams!!!
3. Apply ice pack externally if you want to avoid swelling.
4. Take your medicines as instructed by the doctor on time.
5. Do not spit for about 24 hours(STRICTLY) to avoid any bleeding from the extraction site.
6. Avoid smoking or alcohol on that day
7. After 24 hours, you can gargle with lukewarm saline water for better healing...