Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Parveen
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ParveenYour feedback matters!
I m loosing my hair. Cause of sticky dandruff. So what I can do for stopping my hair fall and removing dandruff.
I have dark lips, how to get rid of dark lips and get normal red lips. I don't smoke and I don't drink got beverages like tea and coffee. Please give me suggestion.
I am thirty nine years old man suffering frm androgen alopecia since age of 24 now the baldness frm centre has come up to front and there is thinning of hair and hair loss. Can I take finpecia? I used to take it before but stopped. I only use hair minoxidil lotion presently. Can I take finpecia and will it cure my hair loss.
Blessed are the people who enjoy a flawless, radiant and healthy skin throughout their lives. Pollution, stress and unhealthy lifestyle have been affecting mankind like never before. Flawless skin is becoming a thing of the past. Skin problems like acne, pimples, freckles, fine lines and wrinkles, to name a few; are on a mercurial rise. The skin is losing its radiance at an alarming rate. Unhealthy and dull skin can affect a person's confidence greatly. Do not turn panicky and insomniac over it. A few healthy habits, if practiced daily, can work wonders and help in restoring the skin pH acidic 5.5 balance and skin radiance.
- The power drink to flawless skin: Skin problems are an amalgamation of many internal as well as external factors. The toxins that accumulate within our system act as a catalyst. If not flushed out, the toxins can deteriorate the skin tone and texture, resulting in acne and other skin problems. Thus, detoxification becomes very important. Drink a glass of warm lemon water every morning. It helps to greatly detoxify the body.
- The sweet route to skin problems: Cakes, pastries, ice creams, pizzas, beverages, can satisfy your taste buds, but they will do your skin no good. Excess intake of sweets and sugar greatly accelerates the ageing process. When it comes to acne problems, the Glycation (attachment of the digested sugar to the collagen protein) process is the main wrecker in chief.
- Go the healthy way: Unhealthy eating habits can damage your skin immensely. To look healthy, you need to eat healthy. Include lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet. Avocados, broccoli, berries are a rich source of antioxidants and should be taken regularly. Make a habit of eating at least one fruit daily. Citrus fruits are highly recommended. Salads are equally beneficial.
- One of the golden rules to enjoy a flawless skin is to keep your skin hydrated. The skin pH acidic 5.5 is very important for a healthy skin. Drink 6 - 8 glasses of water daily and feel the difference.
- If glowing skin is what you desire, sound sleep is what you need. A good 6-8 hours of sleep can do your skin a world of good.
- Stress and mental fatigue can have serious skin implications. Meditation and exercise are the best medicines to keep stress at bay. Exercise regularly and flawless skin will be sure be a reality.
- It is very important to keep your skin clean. Cleanse your face twice daily. It is a crime to sleep with your make up on.
Enjoying a healthy flawless skin is no Herculean task. We are always at your service. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Leucoderma is one of the most common diseases today; we can easily find people around us having “white patches” on different parts of their body, which clearly indicates they are suffering from the disease of Leucoderma. In the beginning these patches can be easily seen on the body parts which are exposed to the sunlight but have the tendency to get enlarged and affect other parts later, if not treated effectively.
Commonest reasons behind the occurrence of these patches are due to the destruction of melanocytes present on the skin which results into de-pigmentation of the skin. Other causes are hormonal imbalances, improper hygiene, health problems, liver dysfunction, ulcers, impurities of blood, stress and it can inherited from generations to generations also.
There are various misconceptions about the disease that non- vegetarians are at higher risk in comparison to vegetarians, but the researches and studies have proved that vegetarians can be at the risk of same nature. It is a known fact that consuming meat (fish) and milk together can bring discoloration on the skin then how does vegetarians can get affected?
Vegetarians are also equally prone to the disease with their odd food combinations like milk and salt, intake of excessive vitamin C, pesticide treated vegetables, consumption of stale fruits and vegetables can deplete digestive enzymes which eventually cause skin lesions.
Ayurveda provides most authentic, effective and promising treatment for the disease without any side effects, it doesn’t even stops white spots from spreading to the other body parts but also enhances the mechanism of pigmentation to recover from the discoloration of the skin.
The word ozone makes on think of the layers of the earth’s atmosphere and global warming but rarely does it make on think about hair. However, ozone therapy or ionization therapy can be very good for hair regrowth has come to become very popular in recent times. Ozone or O3 is a blue, odorous gas which is naturally present in air from where it can be extracted. Alternatively, ozone can be chemically synthesized in a laboratory. Apart from your luscious locks, ozone therapy can also be used to treat heart ailments, diabetes, problems with vision, Parkinson’s disease, dental cavities and slipped discs.
Unlike an oxygen molecule, ozone has three oxygen atoms. These have the ability to release free radicals when injected into any part of the body. When injected into the scalp, the ozone is oxidized and peptones are developed on the hair shafts. A further protective layer is then formed over each strand of hair by the peptones. This protects the hair from breakage and keeps it from falling.
The ozone molecule also strengthens and rejuvenates the hair follicles. This helps nourish the scalp and the hair. It also improves blood circulation and reduces microbial infection on the scalp. Along with this, ionization therapy helps add volume to hair and treats issues such as dandruff, frizziness and split ends. In the case of coloured hair, ionization therapy can help hair colour last longer by strengthening the bond between the dye and hair.
Both men and women can benefit from ionization therapy. Ionization therapy can be used to treat a number of issues related to the hair. It is most commonly used to address cases of hair fall, thinning of hair, alopecia, balding and seborrheic dermatitis. These conditions could be caused by genetic traits, pollution, aging, hormonal imbalances, poor diet, infections or poor hair care.
Ionization therapy can be provided by a doctor or in certain spas. It is preferable to undergo this procedure under the guidance of a certified dermatologist. Hair ionization is a painless procedure that does not require any hospitalization or anesthesia. The ozone rays are passed into the scalp through a comb-like device. This may be used 15-20 minutes a week.
Like any other procedure, there are certain risks associated with ionization therapy. If excessive ozone is injected into the scalp, it can be very toxic. Instead of strengthening the hair follicles, this could damage them further. It is also not advisable for pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers and people with chronic skin allergies. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!