Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. ParvathyYour feedback matters!
Hi, My mother met with an accident yesterday. Her L1 spinal bone got a small crack. Now the doctor (Neurosurgeon) is insisting for a surgery. He said that a plate will be placed there which they have to import from Germany. Initially the orthopedic doctor didn't say anything regarding the surgery and said that she will be fine within some 45 days of bed rest. She is completely in bed and even cannot sit due to acute pain. Medical history: >>She had undergone 2 surgeries for uterus cancer 9 years back. There were 27 radiations and 5 chemotherapies. >>At an average every couple of months she gets acute fever and her head gets heated up like fire. Doctors say that this is due to the reaction of chemicals during cancer treatment. >>Couple of months back she had bleeding with urine and stool >>No diabetes Age: 52 My questions: Is surgery really required? If surgery required will it be safe? Is there an alternative for this treatment?
I am 45 years old and work out regularly. I have muscle stiffness problem which really bothers me very much. Have been advised by instructor to go for generic magnesium. I am based in delhi. Thought of checking before taking any decision. I.
I have back pain on shoulders right hand shoulder day by day. And I have muscle problems coming in nights on bed.
My wife is diabetic. She is facing this problem of Vitamin D Deficiency and presently she is advised to take Vitamin'D' Capsules weekly by the doctor. But till date no relief is seen. The problem she is facing is that both of her shoulders are stuck, feels acute pain in her joints all over arms. Please suggest any medicines or treatment.
She is 27 years old and mother of 6 month old baby. Her problem is back pain and head ache. She had normal delivery. What is the reason for back pain. Pls suggest solution.
One year ago I twisted my leg (no redness, no swelling) but I feel pain only one day and after that everything is fine. I can walk comfortably, run, jump, climb but sometime sometime when I start squat it pain little.
My knee aches when I climb up the stairs. I used to be a drummer but my bavk started having problem because of too much sitting posture do I had to take a break . But what's this .
I have back Pain for 2 yrs. Now its too much pain (very high) Right side near to hip pain is too high.
I m 33 years old. I have a busy routine don't get time for myself as I have two small kids one is 5 n other is 3 now from some days I m feeling very weak. I have back pain n slight knee pains also. My weight is 46 kgs. Please help as I don't want joint pains from know.
I am a 26 year old male I fell down on the floor 4 days back and had a severe pain in the triceps for that day, Doctor gave me Naprosyn for 3 times a day after which I developed a big blue patch in the pain area. What should I do now.
My mother has pain in the wrist joint of the hand sidewards and it swells some times she consulted the doctor also but no use. So please advice what to do?
I am 25 year boy I have a neck pain for 6 months and is there any way to stop the pain in the neck. I am unable to do work with this neck pain so help me to solve this.
A shoulder dislocation occurs when the bones of the upper arm snap out of your shoulder blade, generally after suffering a major injury. The joints of the shoulder are the most flexible body joints, thereby, making them more prone to dislocation. In most of the cases, a dislocated shoulder can be fixed within a few weeks’ time with the help of proper diagnosis. There is a high chance of suffering from dislocations over and over again. A dislocated shoulder, if not treated immediately, can lead to further complications such as damage to the blood vessels and nerve around the affected area or tearing of the associated muscles or ligaments.
What can cause a shoulder dislocation?
You can experience a dislocation in your shoulder joints due to the following reasons:
- Shoulder dislocation can occur if you play any kind of contact sports such as football or hockey and get injured while playing.
- You are more susceptible to a dislocated shoulder if the sports or physical activities you engage in regularly involve the risk of suffering from falls such as gymnastics or volleyball.
- A dislocated shoulder is a common occurrence if you have suffered a major motor vehicle accident that might have affected your shoulder.
- You can also suffer from a dislocated shoulder if you have survived a fall in the recent past such as tripping from a ladder or similar injuries.
Symptoms of a dislocated shoulder
You are suffering from a dislocated shoulder if you exhibit the following signs and symptoms:
- Abnormal enlargement of the affected area or bruising Severe pain around the shoulder area due to a recurrent muscle spasm in the shoulder joints
- Extreme pain while moving the joint
- A sense of numbness or a tingling sensation near the affected area, for example, in areas around the neck or the arm
- Visibly deformed shoulder joints
- Depending upon the intensity of the pain, the doctor might implement a general manoeuvre procedure to relocate your shoulder bones.
After the procedure is conducted, you will feel your pain significantly reducing. Your doctor can also recommend you to wear a sling around your shoulder area to regulate the movement of the shoulder joints for the first few days to about 3 weeks, depending upon the intensity of the pain.
Treatment for shoulder dislocation
The treatment for shoulder dislocation depends on the severity of the injury. The following treatments can be implemented with suggestion from the doctors:
- If its first episode of shoulder dislocation, usually closed reduction followed by rehabilitation is sufficient.
- In case when patient is younger than 20 years or in cases with bony injury, surgery is recommended.
- If you had recurrent instances of dislocated shoulders, your doctor might suggest a surgery.
- Recurrent dislocations cause more and more damage to glenoid part of scapula and humeral head.
Type of surgery required changes from simple surgery to more difficult surgery with number of dislocations. In cases of simple capsulo-labral damage, capsulolabral repair is sufficient. In cases with loss of bone from humeral head (Hillsachs Lesion), Remplissage surgery is required additionally. When glenoid bone also is deficient of bone, bony reconstruction of glenoid becomes necessary. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.