Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Parimalam KumarYour feedback matters!
I hair turn white from the age 17 and I an now 20 and try all shampoo and oil but no effort shows can you help me?
I have dark patches on my face. What should I do? Earlier I was applying glyceric acid on my face. Should I start glyceric acid again or there is any better solution. please help. There is my sisters wedding next month.
Skin care is a matter of taking care of your skin with the best ingredients and elements that are available naturally and have been absorbed into concoctions like creams and ointments as well as scrubs, face washes, moisturisers and other such products for your benefit. There are naturopathy products that make use of these elements in their most natural form so that you may get the best qualities and properties of these ingredients. Oil is one such extract that can be found in many fruits, herbs and other kinds of growth. Let us find out about the various essential oils that help in your skin care process.
- Lavender Oil:Lavender oil is derived from lavender and can be put to many good uses as far as the skin and stress levels go. As we all know, stress is a factor that shows up on the skin before its signs can be seen anywhere else. With the help of lavender oil, you can help in dealing with stress by lighting an oil lamp with this oil on top, and also cure a number of skin problems like age spots, scarring and other such ailments.
- Carrot Seed Oil:Carrot seed oil is a highly beneficial oil that helps in rejuvenating lack lustre skin with its highly cleansing properties that help in toning the aging skin even as you remove and regenerate the dead skin cells which can sometimes get hampered due to clogging. This clogging can happen due to pollutants, dust, dirt and grime.
- Frankincense Oil:This oil is well known for its anti bacterial qualities which make it ideal when it comes to fading bruises, scars, injury marks and even spots that have come about due to sun damage and other such ravages. This oil is also a good fix in you are suffering from acne prone skin. The anti bacterial action of this oil helps in protecting the existing skin cells even as new skin cells are encouraged to sprout. It helps in visibly reducing wrinkles and tightening sagging skin - processes that come about due to aging.
- Geranium Oil:This is another essential oil that is required for regulation of excessive oil production, an action which can prevent acne and blackheads. This oil is best used by people who suffer from persistent breakouts on the skin. It also helps in treating burns, cuts and other such marks that do not fade in a hurry.
- Myrrh Oil:This oil is best used for rashes. Its soothing properties create better skin tone and help in removing chapped skin and eczema as well.
The various healing properties of essential oils can help in various other ailments as well.
Every woman strives to achieve flawless, glowing skin. Today, men are far behind and thus a good complexion is envied and sought after by everyone. Skin condition is affected by a number of factors including diet, sun exposure, age etc. Though skin conditions like acne, freckles, sun spots etc are not life threatening it can lower your self confidence and the quality of your life.
Homeopathy is very effective in treating skin conditions like these as well as to improve the overall state of your skin. The best part about following a homeopathic treatment route is that it is associated with negligible side effects. Also, unlike topical skin creams that only address the visible symptoms, homeopathy addresses the root cause of the problem and thus ensures that it does not recur frequently.
Some common homeopathic remedies that can give your skin a glow are:
- Sulphur: This is an effective way to clear dull and dirty skin and can be used to treat number of skin ailments. It nourishes the skin from deep within and helps clear pimples and scars that may have formed as a result of them. Sulphur is also used to treat dry and scaly skin.
- Berberis aquifolium: This is an excellent homeopathic remedy for clear skin. It is used to treat patchiness, acne, scars etc and can lighten complexion and make it glow.
- Psorinum: This homeopathic remedy is ideal for people with oily, greasy skin and a dark complexion. It helps clear pimples and reduce the oiliness of the skin. By deep cleansing the pores on the skin, it adds a glow to your face and keeps it clear. Psorinum can also help lighten complexion and give your skin an even tone.
- Bovista: Often excessive use of cosmetic products does more harm than good to our skin. In such cases, bovista is the ideal remedy. This helps clear pimples, patchiness and other skin problems triggered by excessive cosmetic application. Additionally, it brightens the skin and makes it glow.
- Sepia: Menstrual irregularities or hormonal imbalance at the time of pregnancy can lead to a condition known as chloasma. This can be seen in the form of discolouration of the face and brown spots. Sepia is a very effective remedy to treat this condition. It clears the spots and discolouration and gives the skin a healthy glow.
When prescribing a homeopathic remedy for a skin condition, along with the visible symptoms, a doctor must also consider the lifestyle of the patent and their overall mental and physical health. Thus, what suits one person may not suit another and it is always best to consult a homeopathic doctor instead of self medicating.