Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Parameswara IyerYour feedback matters!
I want to know what are the symptoms of fever high fever?. And skin disease and how can we prevent the fever and my skin scratches tell me?
I am suffering 4rm hairfall. Basically before a two months I removed my all hears now hears are very low quantity in my head. So please suggest me what can I do.
How can I improve my sleeping? even when I am in bed also I can not sleep. Improper sleeping make me so tired.
She continued trouble with gas, acidity. I used omez d for her. But nothing happens. And for this reason she falls her hair. please reply me asap.
I am loosing my hair continuously. My age is only 22 years but I have lost much of my hairs. What should I do to stop hair fall. Is there any way I can regain my lost hair. Please help. I am very much depressed because of hair fall in this age. Everyone asks me what happens to my hair. Will complete removal of hair prove to be a better solution?
I have migraine and disk problem and I am underweight, what food habits should I select to be healthy.
Generally my hairs gets broke .when I rub my beard I can see some hair from my beard also gets broken 3-4 beard hairs. What can I do .or is this a symptom of any disease related to hair?
Hi, I am 30 years old, male and I have a pain in my left gum (mouth) for last 1 months. What should I do?
Recently most of us were shaken by the death of the well-known television actress, Pratyusha Banerjee. Her sudden death has brought to light the very common yet under-addressed problem - Depression - that a number of youths are living with.
Most mental and emotional health issues are inconspicuous in nature and, therefore, cause more harm than they otherwise should, most people still live with a number of symptoms of depression without even realizing it or do little to address it. When the depressive symptoms last for more than 2 weeks and affect the individual's personal, social or occupational life, it is known as clinical depression or major depression. There is often a delay in opting for the treatment because of the social taboo associated with depression.
Although cases of depression can vary from an individual to the other, there are signs that one can look out for, to identify a depressed person:
- Low mood most of the time of day along with frequent crying spells
- Feeling of unworthiness and low self-respect are very common in a depressed person. Due to these feelings, the affected person may become very critical and disapproving about himself or herself.
- Lack of enjoyment and loss of interest in a depressed person makes them no longer derive pleasure from things that once gave him or her happiness.
- Exhaustion and insomnia are signs that one should look out for in a depressed individual. These are usually due to changes in sleep patterns, from sleeping a lot because of feelings of constant fatigue or due to instances of wakefulness.
- From indulging in comfort eating to losing the will to eat, predominantly loss of appetite characterizes a depressed person.
- Difficulty in recalling details and tendency to over generalize as also problem-solving issues can point to the presence of depression
- Unexplained bodily pains and aches are another characteristics of the condition.
What are the different types of depression?
Regarding the different forms of this mental health issue, it comes in several forms along with their distinct symptoms, effects, and causes. These are:
- Major depression
- Recurrent depressive disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Bipolar disorder
How can it affect your life?
More than 90% people who commit suicide suffer from some form of psychiatric illness and depression is the most common reason. The despair that usually accompanies depression makes the thought of taking one's life as the only means available to escape the pain. In addition to suicidal thoughts, it can also affect one's functioning in day to day life if help is not sought in time.
Depression is as curable as any other illness. Both medical management and psychotherapy are helpful in treatment. Type of treatment depends on patient's condition, the severity of illness as well as availability.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!