Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Paramaguru Jothi Shankar
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Submit a review for Dr. Paramaguru Jothi ShankarYour feedback matters!
I have dark circles below my eyes and some dark spots on my face everywhere. Usually some pimples come out on my face.
Mere chehre par bhut se til hai please dermatologist sir / mam koi idea de inhe disappear Karne ke please plz plz.
My skin tone is very dark. There are dark patches in top part of my face. It looks very odd. Please help me how can I lighten my skin tone and remove those dark patches.
Hlo sir/mam I'm 41 years old. I have pigmentation on my face since 8 yrs. please suggest me how to get rid of this permanently.
Is there any side effect of using berberis aquifolium for skin fairness. My age 22. If its good thn pls tell dosage n potency.
I started gym a week before and after that I noticed a huge dullness in my skin tone. My skin is oily. I do not know why it's happening because of workout or dieting. Please help me to recover my skin tone as before.
How do we find out which SPF cream 10, 20.30. Etc should be used for tan? Is it depending on the age or on the amount you spend your day outside?
I have too much of dark circles ! I have tried many creams but nothing worked except one cream named dremz ultra but now I don't find that cream here anywhere in my native place ! The dark circles are too dark and ugly please let me know a full proof remedy for this .
There are small rashes on my hands ,legs And private area. There is huge itching during night time in these rashes.
I'm a feeding mother .during pregnancy I got black pigmentation. Can you please suggest me any skin fairNess creams.
I was suffering from chicken pox from 1st march. Now it is fully cured. But I am having black spots all over my face and body. Scars of chicken pox. Please let me know how this can be cured completely and it will take how many days to get back my normal skin. Feeling really low. Please help.
I am 20 years old female. I have been using black sunsilk for long but wherever I go, a salon or a parlour the review of the shampoo I get is negative and am confused if it does suits me or not, as if have lost my volume too, so what should I do to gain my volume back? And if changed, then which shampoo should I use?
My left forearm has turned quite black from last 2 years. People ask about on arm being more darker. And it is only on dorsal part with dry rough skin, touch sensation is also weak.
Hi I'm a male is or does drinking buttermilk or curd is good for health and skin does it keep or help our skin healthy and our body healthy? Should we drink buttermilk and curd to keep us healthy and keep our body and skin healthy and glowing please tel me plz.
What is Razor Bump (Pseudofolliculitis Barbae)?
It is an inflammatory reaction to the hair shaft entering the skin, most common in blacks who shave regularly.
Who gets razor bumps?
About 50% of black males are said to be affected. Other races can also be affected. Though the condition is most commonly reported in men, women who remove unwanted hair also suffer from this condition.
Causes of Razor Bumps-
The condition is caused by both genetic factors and various hair removal methods.
- Curved hair follicles and curly hair
- A defect in the gene for the hair protein keratin 6hf
Hair removal methods may cause razor bumps by either creating a sharp hair tip that re-enters the skin away from the hair pore (extrafollicular penetration) or by the hair shaft breaking off at different lengths and piercing the follicle from within the skin (transfollicular penetration). An inflammatory reaction is then set up in response to the hair fragments lying in the skin. The following methods may cause razor bumps:
- Ingrown hairs
- Red, skin coloured or dark bumps
- Bumps containing pus
What are the complications of razor bumps?
- Pigmentary problems (darkening of the area most common)
- Abscess formation
- Psychological problems
Razor bumps are most common on the beard, however they have been reported to occur on the pubic area, legs and scalp.
There are several treatment options to deal with razor bumps already present. They include:
- Alpha-hydroxy acids
- Chemical peels
Prevention of Razor Bumps:
It is true to say that 'prevention is better than cure'. Here are the preventions-
- Laser hair removal is the best method of removing unwanted hair in individuals affected with this condition. The laser device is programmed to selectively target the pigment in the hair follicle, destroying it, while leaving the skin intact.
- Electrical clippers are found by many to cause less bumps than razors. If one must shave it is important to avoid a close shave to help prevent razor bumps. The following is a guide to safer shaving methods:
- Brush hairs with polyester sponge before shaving.
- Wash beard, use pre-shave cream or gel.
- Avoid double and triple blade razors.
- Shave in the direction of hair growth.
- Do not pull the skin taut.
- Use a sharp blade, rinse after each stroke.
- Apply a cold compress after shaving, then a soothing aftershave preparation.
- Clipping hairs with a small pair of facial scissors is an option for women with few unwanted hairs.
- Chemical depilatories (hair removal creams) are another option for hair removal.
- Electrolysis is a permanent method of hair removal but requires several sessions. It is operator dependent and can cause bumps and scarring. Waxing and tweezing also have the potential to cause bumps.
- Eflornithine hydrochloride is a cream that slows the growth of hair and therefore can be used in combination with a hair removal method. It is marketed for women with unwanted facial hair.
- Anti-androgen drugs can be used in females who have hirsutism (male pattern hair growth e.g. beard hairs)