Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Paramaguru Jothi Shankar
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Submit a review for Dr. Paramaguru Jothi ShankarYour feedback matters!
I am getting many moles on my body, I had consulted a skin specialist as well she said my moles are normal and no biopsy is needed. But I can't bear these many moles, they're on my face and actually two are developing right now as well, any way to stop the development of moles or remove them? Without surgery preferred.
My skin often gets red with a small swollen area and around it d skin gets red. Is it skin infection or is related to blood cancer?
I got mark or black spots in my face not over all but some parts of my chicks. I used some creams life fare glow but not effective. Suggest me the right way to make my face clear.
19 year old female with a swelling in the anal region (external hemorrhoid suspected) and bleeding while defecation. please suggest a treatment.
Obesity and a shapeless body are problems that plague many people around the world. Besides leading to an appearance that is less than ideal, it can also lead to severe health problems include heart failure, heart diseases, diabetes and more. While there are many ways to combat being overweight with the help of exercise and a proper diet and even medication, very severe causes of obesity can also be fixed with a surgical process known as Bariatric Surgery. So, here's everything you need to know about it.
- Affecting the Digestive Process: As per the normal digestive process, the food moves into the digestive tract, while its nutrients get collected with the help of a well functioning system that includes digestive juices and enzymes. This food moves through the digestive tract, passing through the oesophagus, before it goes down into the stomach where it meets the strong digestive acids, which break it down, and then it enters the small intestine. While the stomach can hold three pints of food at a time, there is a chance that some of this food may not get properly digested in the small intestine. In this case, the food enters the large intestine. Now, Bariatric Surgery helps in restricting the amount of food that a person can have and hold in the first place.
- The Process: This surgical procedure may be carried out by cutting open the stomach and removing a portion of the same. This procedure can also reroute the small intestine into the gastric pouch or the small stomach pouch. This process can also be done with laparoscopic invasion, where a few small incisions will be used to insert a tiny camera and instruments for the process.
- Ideal Candidates: If your BMI or body mass index is more than 40, then you can opt for this kind of surgery, as mere dieting and exercising will not help you in your weight loss endeavour. This surgery can also help in preventing the onset of type 2 diabetes mellitus. The patient also has to have reached the normal adult height in order to qualify for this surgery.
- Side Effects: After the surgery, the patient may experience a few side effects including leakages and bleeding. An incisional or an internal hernia may also occur after the surgery. Also, for patients who have a poor diet, there may be complications after the surgery due to less intake of necessary vitamins and minerals.
Once you undergo the surgery, it is important to commit to a proper diet with less food intake and proper exercise on a lifelong basis.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Good afternoon sir I have good height and physic but there is belly fat and my skin colour also some what black how can I improve it sir.
The skin covers and protects all parts of the body. It is also most exposed to the outside world including the dust, pollution and other environmental pollutants. Smooth, healthy, glowing skin is what most of us desire, in addition to diet, lifestyle and stress produce various changes to the skin, which are just totally undesirable. In addition to the cosmetic effects, they also have a huge psychological bearing on a person. Imagine a person with acne-filled face, or a person with eczema on the hands, or a person with warts on the neck. They are obviously embarrassed and try to hide the affected part with clothing.
Homeopathy believes that these skin conditions are not just due to environmental causes, but have a deep underlying health condition. Correcting that will help restore normal healthy skin and improve the overall personality and quality of life of a person. Acne, psoriasis, eczema, warts and urticaria are the most common skin ailment commonly seen. Let's know more about these skin disorder-
- Acne: Acne is a common skin disease that causes pimples. Pimples form when hair follicles under your skin clog up. Most pimples form on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders. Anyone can get acne, but it is common in teenagers and young adults. It is not serious, but it can cause scars.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is a noncontagious skin condition that produces plaques of thickened, scaling skin. The dry flakes of skin scales result from the excessively rapid proliferation of skin cells. The proliferation of skin cells is triggered by inflammatory chemicals produced by specialized white blood cells called lymphocytes. Psoriasis commonly affects the skin of the elbows, knees, and scalp.
- Eczema: Rather than a specific condition, eczema is a group of unrelated diseases that have a similar appearance. When it is new eczema, the affected skin appears red and elevated with small blisters (vesicles) containing a clear fluid. When the blisters break, the affected skin will weep and ooze. In older eczema, chronic eczema, the blisters are less prominent and the skin is thickened, elevated, and scaling. Eczema almost always is very itchy.
- Warts: Warts are raised bumps on your skin caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). Wart viruses are contagious. Warts can spread by contact with the wart or something that touched the wart. Warts are often skin-colored and feel rough, but they can be dark (brown or gray-black), flat, and smooth.
- Urticaria: Hives, also known as urticaria, affects about 20 percent of people at some time during their lives. It can be triggered by many substances or situations and usually starts as an itchy patch of skin that turns into swollen red welts. The itching may be mild to severe. Scratching, alcoholic beverages, exercise and emotional stress may worsen the itching.
However, there is a lot of overlap in terms of what homeopathic medications are used in each of these conditions. Most commonly used medicines are:
- Graphites: In patients with eruptions on the face, scalp, various joints, which are extremely itching, scaly, and dry, graphites is used. These people have dry hair with increased hair fall.
- Lycopodium: If the eruptions are dry and scaly, this can be used.
- Causticum: This is again widely used in treating warts, acne, and psoriasis.
- Calcarea: Eczema which covers the scalp and the face with white crusting, which is extremely itching especially in the morning. This is also useful in solitary warts which are round and hard.
- Sulphur: The sore skin has pustular eruptions. The scalp is dry but hot to the touch. There is a great tendency to scratch, especially at night. This is also the first choice to treat pustular acne, warts, and urticaria. It also helps in removing old scars from acne. A word of caution, it can cause exacerbation of symptoms, and this should not cause panic.
- Puslatilla: Acne is often associated with puberty, and in young girls, this is commonly used where there is an association with menstrual cycles.
- Antimonium crudum: This is widely used in warts that can be single or in groups, hard or smooth. There could be associated digestive issues and irritability.
With treatment for most of these skin troubles, there would be a dramatic improvement in the person’s mood before the actual skin problems improve. The person also would feel more motivated with higher energy levels. This is one of the major benefits of homeopathy, where not just the symptoms, but the person’s overall quality of life improves without any known side effects.