Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pandurangan C NYour feedback matters!
I have white hair and I am getting white at the young age I am very embarace felling what to do now tell me.
Sir my white hair continuously goes increasing day by day I daily wash my hair with shampoo I am 18 or 19 year old boy I do not know why my head hair become white as I am too young So kindly through some light on this And what should I do to reduce increasing whiteness of my hair.
I am 26 year old girl. I want my skin to glow. I want to know what fruits I should include in my diet to make my skin glowing. Also, I wanted to know whether eating a bowl of papaya can heat the stomach and cause acnes. N which is the best fruit juice that will make my skin glow and fair.
I am 35 year, my penis for skin is going tight and cracking when I try to pull back, felling pain. I confused that to whom I consult. Urology or skin doctor, kindly advice.
Hi, My wife carrying 7th month pregnancy and she getting itching on stomach with black lines. Please suggest for curing this problem.
I am having acne on my face quickly even I don't eat any fast food or oily stuff. And my skin is also very dry what to do now ? Please help me with this.
5 Ways to prevent skin conditions in athletes
Given their nature of work, athletes are at an increased risk of acquiring skin infections. These infections can lead to serious consequences if they are left untreated.
Here are 5 ways in which skin conditions in athletes can be prevented.
1. Keeping the bruises clean and covered - It is important for you to keep the cuts and scrapes clean as well as covered with bandages until they heal because such openings in the skin weaken its defence against germs and increase the possibility of infections.
2. Taking care of the blisters - Make sure that you prevent blisters as much as you can because they make your skin susceptible to infections. Use gels, sprays, ice pads etc. and try to avoid getting sunburnt to prevent dangerous skin conditions.
3. Be mindful of what you wear - It is important for athletes to wear moisture-wicking clothes because sweat, if not made to dry, can lead to growth of germs that can cause a number of skin diseases and infections. Also, not wearing foot wear outside the field can lead to infections on the feet.
4. Maintaining good hygiene - Take a shower after every practice session and game using an antimicrobial soap. Besides, use a clean towel and avoid sharing your personal care items like razor, soap etc. with other athletes. This is extremely important in order to reduce the risk of bacterial infection.
5. Disinfect all your equipment and go for skin checkups - Make sure that you disinfect all your equipment like the protective gear, gloves, socks etc. after every use. Also, get regular skin checkups done, especially if you are associated with high-risk sports like wrestling, boxing etc. There is an increased possibility of skin injuries, sores, swelling etc. in athletes associated with such sports, which exposes them to a greater risk of skin conditions. So, disinfection and clinical checkups on a regular basis become all the more important for them. Ensure that you never use sandpaper or bleach simply to pass a skin check up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.