Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pandiaselvan
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. PandiaselvanYour feedback matters!
Hi Doc. I had a ACL injury around 5 years back. I took the surgery as directed by a doctor frm a famous hospital in Kochi. Since the hospital had a great brand name, I didn't consult any other doctors for a second opinion. And they did the surgery right away and directed me for a bed rest of 6 weeks along with a full length physiotherapy programme, which I'm still following (this is my 6th week of bed rest). But I'm very confused about the long duration of my bed rest as I'm strictly forbidden to walk without crutches until after 6 weeks. And recently I came to know that 3 of my relatives has taken the same surgery and was told to walk from the very next day of surgery. I'm really confused why they are telling me to use crutches till 6 weeks. Can you please help me solve my confusion? I can't ask my doctor this question, since it sounds little offensive, doubting his methods. So, please give me some idea why such a long duration of rest for me. Are there multiple types of ACL surgeries?
I am only 28 but my right knee is giving me so much pain. Is a knee problem or some thing else. It is very difficult to even walk. What can I do doc?
Respected sir my mother is having swelling in leg and feet and her left arm is also not working properly. Her uric acid is 6.1 mg and ESR is 24mm. She is 41 years old. Please let me know what is the main reason behind this swelling.
I am working continuously on my laptop for internet job. It was ok sometimes before nut now I am having problem with back pain.
Sir, My right leg thigh back side (below Hip) and below knee muscles are getting stiff and paining too much and there is nerve tension severe pain in muscles area while walking. Nerve pain around knee joint area. Unable to have normal walk. Sometimes feels right leg is one inch longer than left one. If walking more, all leg muscles stiffness and pain grows more. While the left leg is totally free and normal. Normal morning exercise and morning walk did not help since long. Status remains same since last 5 months. Please guide for the needful.
I am 21 years old man I am feeling pain in my lateral epicondyle of humerus from 2 days and I played badminton. What I will do?
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative disease that affects the various bone joints, leading to painful movement and thereby limiting the patient's mobility. Knees, hips, joints of hands and legs are affected.
Symptoms of OA: The symptoms revolve around the bones and joints including:
- Pain and stiffness of the joints
- Swelling of the joints
- Inability to form a clench
- Difficulty holding things
- Stooped posture
- Weakness of legs and hands
- Reduced height over time.
In most people with OA, the options in allopathy are limited to nonsteroidal analgesics to control pain and in severe cases, surgical correction.
However, homeopathy takes into account the triggering symptoms, the associated symptoms, and the status of the immune system before deciding on a treatment regimen.
With this holistic approach, homeopathy achieve the following:
- Reduce the pain, swelling ,and stiffness
- Slows the pace of further degeneration
- Improves mobility of the affected joint(s)
- Improves the body's overall immune system, thereby allow the body to promote healing on its own
- Homeopathic intervention in the early phases is particularly helpful, as it will arrest disease progression
- It also enable better absorption of minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. This allows healing of existing bone fractures and avoids further bone damage by strengthening the bones.
- Homeopathic treatment also enables the body's chemical state to withstand stress and illnesses better.
- It vitalizes the body's natural healing and ability to repair itself, to create a better state of health and well-being
Some of the popular homeopathic medications based on areas and associated symptoms are listed below:
- Bryonia Alba: Pain worsened with movement, relieved with rest; associated with swelling and stiffness of the joints; difficulty in climbing stairs.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Swelling and pain that is worsened when getting up from a seated position. The joints feel cold and painful.
- Sulphur: Worse with climbing stairs, prolonged standing, feeling of warmth in the knees.
- Colcynthis: Cramping pain improved by pressure.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: Pain when getting up from a seated position.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans: Associated with muscle stiffness and cramping.
- Antimonium Crudum: The pain pain gets worse in cold weather, improved by applying something warm)
- Benzoic Acid: There is an associated crackling sound when the fingers are moved or if there are nodes in the area of joints. . The urine is highly offensive in these people.
- Calcara Fluorica: There are stony hard nodes formed in the joint area, greatly reducing the mobility.
These medications are safe, completely natural, do not induce habit formation, and are approved by FDA. They don't just treat the symptoms but help manage the patient as a whole. This justifies why homeopathy is definitely a good option in treating osteoarthritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.