Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Palanivelrajan MYour feedback matters!
Sir,I have female greatdane dog. I observed that near to her vegina two holes with red color infection around it. Because of that she is not that active. I informed to know vet doctor and doctor will visit us within 2 days. Before even I want to understand what kind of it. Please help me out.
Hi. I am a great dog lover. I often work actively to improve the condition of street dog's near my house and also to save their lives. But I get badly disturbed by their deaths. I have noticed the death of 3 pups this year. The mother of those pups seems to be pregnant again. I being their sole savior in my colony wont the mother to get aborted. I know it is a wrong to do but you can understand my condition as I am just 18 and at this age nothing can be more important than my studies. So are there any safe pills which can be given to the female to avoid her pregnancy. (need a help from you doc A. S. A. P, I wont be able to handle any further traumas; prevention are better than cure)
1. Make sure your dog has unlimited access to fresh water all the time.
2. Make sure your dog has access to shade when outside.
3. Take walks during the cooler hours of the day. Avoid 5-7 pm evening as the steam emitting from the road can kill your pet with heat stroke!
4. When walking, try to stay off of hot surfaces (like coal tar roads) because it can burn your dog's paws.
5. If you feel it's hot outside, it's even hotter for your pet - make sure your pet has a means of cooling off.
6. Keep your dog free of external insects (fleas, ticks) - consult your veterinarian about the best product for your pet.
7. Consider clipping or shaving dogs with long coats (talk to your veterinarian first to see if it's appropriate for your pet).
8. If you have a short nose breed like pugs or bulldogs, keep a Turkish towel with you whenever traveling. Whenever you notice he/she is panting heavily, you can soak the towel in water and wrap it around his body to have a local cooling effect.