Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. PalanivelYour feedback matters!
I am 31 years old defence personal Feb 2013 me football khelte huwe mere leg me chot lagi thi test Karaya to pata chala ki mere left knee me ligament injury hua h uske baad muje running me or khas ker jump lene me bhi problem hoti h halaki running to halki halki kr leta hu PR jump bilkul ni kr skta. Kabi kabi mere knee ka joint chut jata h or bahut dard hota h kuch doctors SE bhi consult kiya to unhone kaha ki shayad operation SE thek ho jaye PR koi guarantee nahi h to Mene operation nahi karwaya desi ilaaj bhi karwaya lekin koi fark ni pada .mere profession me physically exercise hoti rehti h jske liye physically fit rhna bahut jaruri h.Jo me nahi hu is wajah SE muje bahut tension hoti h kya koi aisa doctor h Jo meri madad ker skta h khaskar Guwahati ya dehradun me. kya me fir SE phle jaisa physically fit ho paunga or hr tarah ki exercise kr paunga. Agar iska koi ilaaj h to play muje bataye. Or muje kya krna hoga treatment kitna lamba chalega or kitna kharcha lagega or treatment k baad kya me for SE phle ki tarah ho paunga. Please mere sawalo ka sahi sahi jawab dijiye me bahut tension me hu. Koi meri madad kijiye.
My father is in 50s. He is alcoholic. Currently he is saying he is having weight loss, leg pain and shoulder pain. He is also having sometimes blood in stools. He is carrying out his daily routine. Please advice asap.
I am 39 year old I am facing the problem in digestion system upper abdomen in always feeling full and heavy. My weight also increasing earlier it was 78 kg but with in 4 month its now 84 kg in the evening I am feeling vomiting sensation and feeling weighted head. My knee is making noise like churrrr when i'm seating and stand up please give suggestion me to what I can I do how I can improve my health activeness regards
Hello I am 27 year male and my weight is 100 kg I work in an IT firm so its sitting job I gain weight because of it and I use to do crunches approx 350 to 400 at a time and started loosing weight reached near to 90 kg but all of sudden there is unbearable pain in my lower back that I have been in hospital so stopped the crunches please suggest me how can I lose weight now?
Hello sir, I have a back ache problem since long back, but now it's becoming unbearable, I have a problem in L5- s1 the gape between l5-s1 has reduced, for that I was taking homeopathic treatment, but recently I have a sensation on right leg. And it's increasing day-by-day. When I am in standing or walking position, I don't have any pain but when ever I sit or sleep it's paining badly. Is it possible to get it treated without surgery. Please give your valuable opinion.
I used to stand in kitchen for regular 3 hours fir cooking becoz I am living in joint family .becoz of work load I am having swelling in my feet and legs .is there any problem regarding to normal delivery I am 9 month pregnant I am having 15 days only and my room is also uostairs so just becoz of walking too much I am having swelling in my legs .will it cause any problem in my normal delivery. Pls suggest and today my feet are paining lil .after completing my work I used to sit .but it is not going.
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis and can affect any joint of the body. Typically, the joints of the hands, knees, hips and spine are worst affected. This degenerative condition occurs when the cartilage cushioning the bones of a joint wear out. This causes the bones to grind against each other when moving the joint. The effects of Osteoarthritis cannot be reversed, but with medication and lifestyle changes, it can be managed and the progression of the disease can be slowed down. In cases where the joint pain causes immobility, joint replacement surgery may also be considered. One of the key factors that affects how well this pain is managed is the early diagnosis of the disorder. Here are a few symptoms that you should look out for.
- Pain: Unexplained pain that is not triggered by any kind of injury can be a sign of osteoarthritis. This pain usually worsens with movement. You may also feel a grating sensation when an affected joint is moved.
- Joint stiffness: Movement after a long period of inactivity or on waking up in the morning can be stiff and you may not be able to move a joint through the full range of possible motions. The joints may also feel tender when pressure is applied on them.
- Bone spurs: Bone spurs are extra bone growths which feel like hard lumps. This is generally formed around the affected joints.
Some people are at a higher risk of suffering from this disorder than others. The risk factors that determine this include:
- Age: This disease usually affects elderly people and hence advancement in age increases the risk of this disease.
- Sex: Women are at a higher risk of suffering from osteoarthritis than men.
- Obesity: Weight gain not only affects the way you look but also puts extra pressure on your joints, especially the hips and knees. In addition, proteins produced by fatty tissues can also cause inflammation around the joint.
- Joint injuries and bone deformities: Though an injury may have occurred and healed many years ago, it can increase a person’s risk of osteoarthritis in their later years. People born wiCalcium - 10 Excellent non-dairy foodsth defective cartilage or malformed bones are also at a higher risk of suffering from this condition.
- Occupation: Jobs or tasks that put stress on a particular joint can increase the risk of damage to the cartilage in that joint. Performing these tasks repeatedly can eventually lead to osteoarthritis.