Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I have a unprotected sex with a guy he said he don't have any aids but after 1/2 months I have a 3 or 4 small pimple or rashes on my body. Is this a symptom of aids.
Hello sir, I have yellow skin for 3 days. Please tell me what is the reason and what should I do for this?
My 2nd 6th month baby's skin becoming dark. I am using seamed soap. And before marriage ll massage with coconut oil. So what to do keep skin soft and supple.
I am 18 year old. I have dark circle on my eyes. I used already all option by putting potato on eye. No effect on dark circle.
I had got a big boil on my leg after shaving. The doctor had given me antibiotics. The wound healed. Maybe it was due to ingrown hair and staph infection. But there is a huge dark brown spot on my leg. How do I get rid of it?
Being in a computer based job, I have started getting dark circles around my eyes. What should I do to avoid these?
Thanks. Actually first some infection type appears, lot of itching, its covered with dry skin (Papadi type) and then there is black spot. It causes lot of itching also.
Recently I played a lot in sunshine, because of that my skin turns to black and my forehead is became black with black spots. Can you please suggest me a solution to become my skin normal and white. My skin is oily skin.
I have red itchy pimples on my both breasts. It occurs twice a week. Is this some kind of cancer. Tell me.
I am 27 year old male and have a skin problem from last 4 years like scratches are buid with reddish and it will be start to eaches the skin. please tell me solution.
I am 23 years old am having lots of pimples before 4 its just gona kill me if there any one dr treat my self.
An overproduction of oil, combined with dirt, bacteria, dead skin cells or residual make-up, usually lead up to clogged up pores, that appear black in colour, to show up on your skin. These are called blackheads. Though treating blackheads is not that difficult, it is always better to prevent them.
Here are some tips to prevent blackheads:
- The basic thing you can do to keep blackheads away is to wash your face regularly. It is important to keep your face clean, to prevent oil and dirt build-up, which clogs pores and lead to blackheads.
- Use gentle cleansers that contain salicylic acid.
- Never wash your face with hot water; use lukewarm water instead.
- If you have oily skin, use oil-free cleansers. If you have dry skin, use cream or glycerine-based cleansers.
- Avoid bar soaps since they tend to clog pores.
- Washing your face is important, but make sure not to over-wash. Washing your face frequently will irritate skin, strip it off its natural oils and cause more breakouts. Washing your face two-times in a day is sufficient.
- Always remove your make-up before you go to bed. Cosmetic products or make-up, if left on skin for too long, can lead to clogged pores.
- Use gentle make-up remover or cleanser to remove make-up.
- Keep your make-up brushes or cosmetic sponges clean to prevent bacteria that can cause clogged pores.
- If you lead a very active lifestyle, always shower after laborious activities. Sweating generally leads to an overload of bacteria, which ends up causing blackheads.
- After washing your face, don’t forget to apply moisturiser. Sufficiently hydrated skin actually helps keep blackheads at bay. Always use a moisturiser meant for your skin types. For example, if you have oily skin, don’t go for heavy creams; choose oil-free lightweight creams instead.
- Since excessive dead skin cells are also a cause of blackheads, it is imperative to exfoliate regularly. Gently exfoliate your skin to remove bacteria and dead skin cells to prevent blackheads.
- Exfoliating will prevent blackheads, so if you already have blackheads, simply exfoliating won’t do.
- Choose gentle exfoliators as harsh scrubs can irritate your skin.
- Having oily skin means your battle with blackheads is never-ending. The best way to combat blackheads, is to use products that absorb extra oil.
- Weekly clay masks, counter benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid treatments can be extremely beneficial.
- Lastly, if you do think you see a blackhead on your nose, don’t touch it! Touching or picking it will only spread bacteria and oil, causing more blackheads. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.