Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PalanisamyYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from urticaria since november 2013. I was prescribed allopathic medicines which gave temporary relief only. The rashes are sometimes like scratch and sometimes cover an area over shoulder, chest, back, neck, and abdomen. Sometimes scratch like rashes appear on forearm. Lesions appear if something is written on forearm skin by some object. Usually the patches on shoulder, neck etc. Are itchy and heat is felt. Over the time I was using cetrizine which was working very well and the symptoms almost disappear on cetrizine. Later on in 2015 I stopped taking cetrizine and tried to control the issue with natural cures and ayurvedic remedies. However the problem was reduced but did not go off completely. So I would used to bear the less rashes that I had. But, about 3 months ago I contacted cold and used to cough. The cough lasted for more than weeks and I had breathing difficulty. I went to see a doctor after Xray and ct scan, mediastinal nodes were identified in lungs and TB was suspected. After biopsy which was done to rule out lymphoma TB was most probably suspected. Doctor has now given me TB drugs mostly antibiotics. However, in due course I have started taking cetrizine again and my urticaria has got worse. My body is less immune I think as I usually get cold in every season. Earlier I used to smoke and drink, but since one year I have quit all tobacco products and alcohol completely in order to curb urticaria. Currently I am using following remedies on daily basis: Nat. Muir 1M (empty stomach), Hepar sulphur 1M, belladonna 1M and Arsenic Album 1M. Bacillinum 10M (once a week) All are taken two drops directly on tongue on prescription of a family homeopathic doctor. I suspect that I might have a leaky gut, but I am not sure. I avoid milk products and I am also suffering from tooth cavity. Now I want to seek professional advice to cure Urticaria. Kindly advise on urticaria specific remedy.
I am 21 years and my body is fair except my face after taking heavy dose of typhoid and my face and neck is becoming back. So is there is any medicine for this.
I am male 22. I am suffering from back pain from many days, the pain is allover the back middle, upper,shoulder blades. I also have pain on the lower part of the right rib but sometimes pain spreads to lower part of the left rib as well. I also feel that something is stuck in my throat. Few months back I was diagnosed with gastroesophageal reflux disease. Sometimes I also feel chest pain, heartburn and acid via food pipe. Whenever I rest laying straight the pain increases and lastly the pain gets worse after eating something. I was wondering if all these symptoms including back and rib pain are because of GERD .please help.
I suffered black darks on my forehead. N also suntan on my face. So suggest me some solution for remove this. What should I do?
How to remove dark marks from face it's listed my confidence to go ahead in life I have lots of talent but can use it.
Abdominoplasty, also known as “tummy tuck” is a surgical procedure aimed at removing excessive skin from the abdomen. This surgery removes the extra fat and skin, thus making the abdomen flatter, resulting in tighter muscles near the walls or border of your abdomen. You should consult a doctor and strictly follow prescribed procedures before and after the surgical process. It must not be confused with liposuction i.e. the cosmetic surgery which removes excessive fat deposits in the body.
Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck is beneficial to you,
- If you possess good physical health.
- If you are a non-smoker or have recently quit smoking.
- If you have a stable health and realistic expectations about the outcome of the surgery.
- If you have been pregnant previously and now need to lose weight and fat deposits.
The surgery is not suitable for the following cases:
- If you are planning to get pregnant, then it is recommended to perform the surgery after delivery. This is due to the fact that your muscles can be stretched again after the surgery.
- If the appearance of scars after tummy tuck is a problem, consult your doctor about the scar replacement procedure.
- If you still smoke or are absolutely unable to quit.
There are two procedures of tummy tuck. These are decided by the surgeon during your consultation and some pre-surgery medical tests. The procedures are: a) Complete Abdominoplasty and b) Partial or mini abdominoplasty.
In Complete Abdominoplasty, the surgeon cuts the abdomen from hipbone to hipbone and your skin, tissue and muscle will be operated. In the case of partial or mini abdominoplasty procedure, the fat deposits are usually located below the navel region and the surgeon may not move your belly button. The entire procedure may take around two to three hours.
Proper nutrition and healthy meals are required for this surgery. You must follow a balanced diet and focus on post-operative care.
Some women look atleast a decade younger than the age mentioned on their passports. For most of these women this is the result of anti-aging creams and serums. There are dozens of anti-aging products available today. The tough part is finding the right product for you.
Here are a few tips to help you make the right choice:
- Start with the Basics: Dehydrated skin and sun exposure are the primary triggers for wrinkles, sun spots and fine lines. To prevent this, start by picking a good sunscreen. When picking your sunscreen look for one that offers an SPF of 30 or more, water resistance and protection against both UVA and UVB rays. If you have sensitive skin, avoid sunscreens with fragrances, harsh chemicals, alcohol and preservatives.
- Understand your Primary Concern: No one product can address all signs of aging. At the same time, using multiple products can do more harm than good. Infact, it can make you look older. Hence, it is important to take an honest look at the mirror and identify your main concerns. Pick a single anti-aging product that addresses this issue.
- Pick a Retinoid Based Cream: Retinoids are the best way to fight signs of aging like fine lines, larger pores and dark spots. Choose between a retinol cream and serum depending on your skin. While creams are betters suited for dry skin, a serum works well to treat clogged pores and acne. Eliminate products that have artificial preserves or paraben.
- Read the Label: Take a close look at the label and pick a product that contains anti-oxidants or is hypoallergenic. Also look for vitamins and polypeptides. This can nourish your skin and keep it elastic for longer. Pick products that have the words 'non-comedogenic' on the label. Lastly, look for the consumer hotline number on the product.
- Patch Test: It is impossible to know how a product will react with your skin before using it. Anti-aging products are intended for use on the face but before using it on your face, you must first do a patch test. A patch test involves applying the product on a small patch of skin on the forearm and leaving it for 24 hours. If you do not notice any adverse reaction, only then use it on your face.
- Ask the Dermatologist: Self diagnosis is often not the best step to take. When it comes to skincare, it is always a good idea to consult a dermatologist before using a new product. Find a professional you trust and share your concerns with them so that they can advise you on the product that is most suited to you.
Cuts and bruises, which you may get from a wide variety of sources, is one of the most commonly overlooked issues that many of you face on a regular basis. Cuts and grazes can be treated easily with homeopathy.
There are many great homeopathic remedies, which deal with pain, inflammation and the general healing process. Here they are.
- Arnica: Arnica is an excellent remedy when you have a bruise on your body. It helps reduce the swelling as well as the pain, in whichever part of the body you have swelling on. However, it is worth noting that Arnica does not help much with muscle pain.
- Hypericum: It is worth note that arnica works best on parts of the body which do not have as many nerve endings. For example, the legs and arms are excellent places to administer arnica and it works very well there. However, it is worth note that arnica is not as good with parts of the body which have many nerve endings. This is where Hypericum comes in. Bruises to the fingers, toes and spinal cord heal better with Hypericum than they do with arnica.
- Calendula: Calendula is a medicine, which can be applied as a tincture. A tincture is when a medicine is dissolved in alcohol. Apart from a tincture, Calendula can also be used as a cream, spray or gel. It can heal shallow cuts very rapidly in all of these forms.
- Millefolium: Millefolium is the best homeopathic remedy when there is excessive bleeding and the wound is not clotting properly.
- Staphisagria: This is another medicine used for cuts. However, it is worth noting that Staphisagria is a very good medicine when it comes to treating cuts which are deep or have a stinging sensation.