Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Palaniappan
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PalaniappanYour feedback matters!
Pregnancy loss could be devastating. Not only does it affect a woman mentally, but it also often takes a huge toll on her confidence. Post miscarriage trauma is a common phenomenon in this case. The range of emotion a woman might go through include denial, guilt, anger, depression, envy and yearning. Although the process of grieving takes a lot of time, the first step towards post miscarriage trauma is to accept the inevitable and move on.
Here is a list of tips that will greatly help a woman to cope up with the loss:
- Take time: While listening to friends and family seems to be the best course of action around this time, your loved ones need not get priorities at this time. If you believe that clearing your baby’s belongings is causing pain to you, take the time to prepare yourself. Clear away the stuff only when you are emotionally ready to do so.
- Create memories: While a lot of people suggest to completely get rid of all the memories that are attached to the baby, it may not be a great thing to do. Studies have shown that creating a memory about your loss helps to heal faster. So go ahead and take a picture with your baby, plant a tree, take a footprint or christen the baby. Good memories attached to your baby will not haunt you about the loss.
- Take care: Do not neglect your personal health and well-being. Eat well, take enough rest, quit smoking and drinking and seek pleasure in your loved one's company. The more you embrace life, better are your chances to get back to the grooves. Following an old hobby or working out one hour per day goes a long way in the process of healing.
- Get your partner’s help: Being open about your emotions is a good thing to do. Express your feelings about the baby to your partner. The process of coping up can be entirely different from each other. What matters is to let each other’s feelings known. Your partner’s broad shoulder is your best bet to come out of your loss.
- Set the expectations right: Women often get cranky and irritated after a miscarriage. Speak to your loved ones and let them know about your feelings. This will help you to get your loved ones support you and let you heal quickly from your loss.
- Support group: It is very comforting to share your feelings with people who have already experienced the kind of loss you have faced. Sharing in person can reduce your pain a great deal. A spiritual healer or a professional psychiatrist can also play a crucial role in your recovery.
A patient suffering from tinnitus will experience a sensation of ringing in the ears. However, during this time they may also hear certain sounds such as whistling, clicking or hissing sounds. These sounds can keep either be episodic or regular. There isn’t any cure for the condition of tinnitus but the symptoms can be managed. Most people get used to the ringing sensation over a period of time. For many others tinnitus can cause insomnia, can make concentrating troublesome and can also lead to depression and or anxiety.
The noise that is heard in tinnitus by the patient is generally exclusive. Patient suffering with tinnitus will hear either low or high-pitched ringing noise. This is indicative of a severe condition. The volume keeps fluctuating and most likely affects a person during the night. In severe cases, a person can even lose his ability to hear.
Tinnitus involves disturbance within the auditory system and is resistant to a range of treatments. Tinnitus can be quite difficult to treat and therefore, counselling can be a way of dealing with it. This is because those who suffer from tinnitus can experience extreme levels of emotional imbalance, trouble sleeping, trouble concentrating, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and disruption of one’s social life.
How can counselling help?
Counselling aids in lowering the negative effects of the condition and enables the patients to comprehend their situation better. By coming to terms with their condition, it can markedly lower the disturbance levels.
Counselling is very important for treating tinnitus. The counselling method makes use of sessions that involve advising, empowering and informing the patients who are in need of support. The main aim of helping a tinnitus patient with counselling is either to reduce the severity of condition itself or to help a patient deal with his or her annoyance that arises out of suffering from the condition.
You should consult a trained psychologist if you think you are suffer from the condition. The degree of counselling is also dependent on the environment. A tinnitus management therapy primarily aims to reduce the stress caused on the patient’s life. These include psycho-educational approach that can be either carried out in single sessions or in groups. The psycho-education approach comprises maintaining sleeping hygiene, relaxation techniques and providing training for controlling attention.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!