Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Palaniappan
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PalaniappanYour feedback matters!
*I had got my periods on 19th last month (November). N I took ipill on 28th. Exactly 15 days later I got bleeding (But 6 days b4 I had penetration again. Whr he never ejaculated inside me.) Just a little everyday which lasted like for 5. Days. (Kind off like periods nly) shud I get my actual periods on 19th of December again?
I am 49 year old from last 3 years suffering with irregular periods and two or three time with havy bleeding, continues back pain. In 3 CT scan, and many ultrasound there is no stone and fibrodes issue, finally doctors find my uterus is enlarge, and decided to strepny. But I am not understand taking many medicines from last one year my bleeding is not stop, still I have bleeding with back pain, In this tenure I got two time D&C, and Two time biopsy, report is normal. Today I am confuse. Need good doctor with good diagnose.
- Relationship commitments loveliness responsibilities - are the most important in shaping of one's identity and symbol of perfection in attitude otherwise
- This indeed makes an individual ready to face the challenges in their path of life and to survive into it successfully.
- But by mere commitments alone in relationship of responsibilities would not make differences if there is no civilised realisation happens naturally in the mind and all part of his own cells, to make it a room for success.
Good morning doctor. Me and my wife had sex soon after her periods got over .not only once but twice. After few days when we did a prega news test the result came negative .and we both are very upset because we want a our own baby child. Please suggest me what can we do?
Uterus is anteverted. Normal in size. Myometrial echogenicity appears uniform. No obvious focal lesion seen. Both ovaries are bulky and show multiple small peripherally located follicles with echogenicity hyperemic central stroma. 15mm dominant follicle seen in the right ovary. Am I normal to conceive?
I am 26 year old female. Mene kl apna pregnancy test kraya jo ki positive aya h. But abhi hum bachha nhi chahte h. Mera LMP 27 july h, please btaeye kya abortion krana shi rhega.
Hi doctor, I had taken abortion pills on 16th may 2017 and bleeding started on 19th may 2017 but the problem is that it's more than 20 days m still bleeding and having pain too today is 21st day flow is very heavy with pain is there any problem with my health when my bleeding will stop our is there any medicine to stop and came back to normal. Doctor pl help me m tensed.
While most of us think of peeing nothing more than a routine, there is a lot more science to it. There are definitely various factors which decide how much a person pees. It is normal for a healthy person to urinate between 4 to 10 times in a span of 24 hours. However, both less than this and more than this can be an indicator of ill health.
Also, the kidneys remove a lot of toxins and what is present in the urine is a definite indicator of overall health. It is not without reason that a urine analysis is done when any disease is suspected.
Factors determining urine output:
- Age: Infants pee a lot more than adults, who have more control over their peeing. With old age, again, the frequency increases.
- Water consumption: This is directly related to the frequency of urination. More water, more urination.
- Liquid consumption: Not all that you drink translates to urine. Caffeine and alcohol increase urine output. Caffeine is found in tea, coffee, sports and energy drinks, etc.
- Bladder size: Some people inherently have a smaller bladder size, and therefore cannot retain more urine. They will visit the bathroom more often. The maximum capacity is about 1.5 L.
- Conditions like pregnancy: Needless to say, as pregnancy advances, the frequency of urination increases. This is due to pressure on the bladder from the growing baby. Even after delivery, the frequency will be more for up to 8 weeks.
- Medication usage: For people with heart disease, kidney disease, and blood pressure, diuretics are given, which is intended to increase urine output. These people will have more urine output.
- Conditions like diabetes: One of the first warning signs of diabetes is the increased frequency of urination. Diabetics often have a greater number of visits to the bathroom.
- Conditions like urinary tract infection: Wherever the urinary tract is affected, it is likely to have more visits to the bathroom. Other associated factors like changes in color, odor, appearance and burning sensation while urination, can also indicate the underlying problem.
- Problems like prostate enlargement: This is one condition in men which can reduce urine output. The enlarged prostate blocks the prostate and so reduces urine output.
- Urinary incontinence: This issue, more common in women, is when the bladder muscles weaken with age. There is difficulty in holding urine for prolonged periods, and so there is a greater urge to urinate.
So, how much is normal?
- Anywhere between 6 to 10 times is normal for a person who drinks about 2 liters of water per day.
- Less than four or more than 10 is usually a cause for concern. This is of course if there are none of the above factors which can increase or decrease output. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.