Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PadmavatiYour feedback matters!
Vaginismus is a condition characterized by significant pain in the vagina generally during sexual intercourses. This pain occurs on penetration due to the contraction of the vaginal muscles.
The exact causes of Vaginismus are not exactly known to the doctors. But some researchers suggests that the pain might result from severe anxiety or illogical fears before sex.
Vaginismus can be primary or secondary depending on the concerned woman’s previous sexual experiences. Vaginismus can be linked to an earlier sexually painful experience, sexual trauma or psychological factors. In some cases, the pain tends to exist without any direct physical cause.
The causes of the pain might vary from women to women and might occur in some cases with only one specific partner and not with others.
Sometimes the pain might stem from underlying infections or any other underlying complications.
The symptoms of Vaginismus are as follows:
Severe pain during intercourse.
Severe pain during insertion of tampons or during any medical check-ups.
The following treatments can be useful to treat Vaginismus:
If the pain arises due to anxiety or fear, counselling sessions can help you to a remedy.
If the pain arises whenever something penetrates the vaginal walls, progressive desensitization can be useful to treat the pain. The process aims to loosen the vaginal muscles so that you don’t experience any pain during sexual intercourse.
Kegel exercises (at least 20 of them) can help in the initial stage to relax the vaginal muscles. After you exercise for a few days, you should try inserting one finger inside your vagina while doing the exercises. Try doing it gently and if it still hurts, try doing it with a lubricating jelly. This continuous procedure will help in the contraction of the vaginal muscles which eventually relax. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hello doc. Can anyone please tell me what are safe days to Have sex? Before periods or after periods? and does having anal sex changes the shape of the body. I am 23yrs old and i am really scared to have anal sex. Though I lost my virginity lately. Will I get fat or something?
Any medicine to avoid pain during first time intercourse or any gel which can be applied in vagina hole to avoid pain?
We are couple of 25year & 23year. Now we are not interested to take baby but want to enjoy our sexual life. Suggest me any other options to prevent pregnancy except using condom or pill. Thank you.
Hi im 21 years old and in my monthly periods I suffer with lot of stomach n body pains they are unbearable and vomiting and whole day i'm unable to eat food n drink water can you help me out of this problem. :(
I am a 53 years old lady. I am undergoing menopause (not had periods for past 6 months). I always have a bloated feeling. My foot and ankle is also swelled up and feel heavy. My whole body pains. I go to the gym also to tune up my body and weight reduction. But nothing seems to work out. Please suggest some remedy.
She just had her first baby. The method of delivery was seizering so what kind of food she can have?
I am 26 year old married women. Two weeks back I got diagnosed with PCOS. Doctor advised me to take hormone tablets for.
Stress can take a toll on your health in more ways than one and your sexual health is greatly and adversely impacted by stress. Stress can take a toll on the emotional relationship you share with your partner and also your own physical health, thus resulting in a hampered sex life.
Stress and Our Libido:
By now, we know that hormones affect our bodies in numerous ways from childhood to adolescence, pregnancy, menopause and beyond. Cortisol is one of the hormones produced by stress, and you might have heard of it if you’ve ever seen those late night diet pill commercials with the image of the pixelated woman gaining weight in her abdomen. Our bodies need this hormone, but in small doses for short bursts of time. If elevated levels of Cortisol are being produced for a prolonged period of time, they suppress our sex hormones. Lower quantity of sex hormones equals lower libido.
Impact of Stress on Sex:
- Stress takes a toll on libido.
- Low levels of libido imply lesser secretion of sex hormones, thus, affecting your sex life.
- Stress can interfere with your fertility, ovulation and sperm count.
- Stress can cause a shift in the hormones. In women, the change in hormones manifests in the form of an irregular ovulatory cycle.
- Loss of intimacy.
- Being under stress constantly can lead to anger, emotional outbursts, depression and loss of intimacy with your partner; thus affecting your sexual relations.
- Stress also affects your body image negatively, thus leading to unpleasant and bad sex.
How to rejuvenate your sex life?
- Communicate your feelings: Many a times, communicating and sharing your feelings, desires and anxiety with your partner might be all that you need to rejuvenate your sex life.
- Regular exercise and proper sleep: 20-30 minutes of body work out or a session of yoga everyday helps you to de-stress. A proper eight-hour sleep cycle will also go a long way in de-stressing you.
- Supplements to boost your libido and energy: Taking multivitamins, minerals, zinc and other supplements helps to boost your energy levels and libido, thus allowing you to enjoy your sex life to the fullest.
- Set the mood correctly: Set the right mood before your intimate sessions; with some soothing music, aromatic fragrance and dim lights. This can and will enhance your sex life by promoting relaxation, happiness and overall emotional well being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.
On Last saturday I intimated and from two days back feeling vomiting. please suggest any pills for unwanted pregnancy stoppage.
I am 29 years old women I have an itching problem near vagina but outside part it gets dry sometimes after 3 -4 months I face the same problem. Even periods are not normal.
I am a 32 years old lady. Have three children with one miss abortion. Two months before my pregnancy test became positive after getting the ultrasonography I were told that the fetus was not in uterine canal it was in right adenexia. I also did a beta hcg test showing the amount 32000. I was initially proscribed with methotrexate tablets. That later on reduced the beta hgc level to 2000 and the fetal mass size reduced from 2 cm to 1 cm. Currently I have bleeding what should I do further.
My wife is 10 weeks pregnant and found bleedings at 8th n 10th weeks got scanned and result was foetus is ok. Is frequent scanning harmful to foods and it makes any after birth problems. Pls reply.
Its my 5th month of pregnancy and I am having severe hip pain and at times it gets blocked. Please give me suggestion regarding this problem.
I am 48 years of age and I want to do PRP stem cell therapy fr rejuvenation of my ovaries for getting pregnant.
I have pigmentation problem. I have v shape pigmentation on my back upper body. Showed many doctors and informed I never wore backless nor its sunburn. Also done my PCOD checkup and resulted negative any suggestions.
What do you get when you mix together apple, carrot, and beetroot juice? You get miracle drink.
The drink has gained fame by the name, miracle drink because the countless benefits it gives to your brain and body is truly a miracle.
This powerful drink was introduced by chinese herbalists for the treatment of lung cancer and many other diseases ages ago. But currently, it has gained massive popularity all over the world because of its magical health benefits.
The drink is simple to make all you need is a juicer, apples, carrots, and beetroots. Juice them with their skins on and consume right after making it. Do not store. How many carrots, apples or beets you add to the juice is up to your own taste. You can either add more carrots or increase the number of apples. For best results, try to take them in equal quantities. You can even add lime juice to enhance its taste but do not add sugar.
Power of two vegetable and one fruit:
Packed in this juice are the power of two vegetables and one fruit, all enriched with a plentiful amount of lifesaving antioxidants. Apples contain nutrients like vitamin a, b1, b2, b6, c, e and k, folate, niacin, zinc, copper, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, calcium, sodium, and manganese. Also, the dietary fibers found in apples are very beneficial for health. Carrots contain a wide variety of vitamins such as vitamin a, b1, b2, b3, b6, c, e and k, folate, niacin and pantothenic acid. There are minerals like potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and selenium packed in it. One of the most important components found in carrots is beta-carotene. You can get the best of these nutrients by juicing the carrots. And the heart friendly beetroots are enriched with nutrients like vitamin a, c, b-complex, potassium, iron, magnesium, and copper. They contain anti-aging agents as well.
With the combined effect of the three, you can get enough nutrients that will not just keep you going through the day but would also have long-term beneficial effects on your health.
Nasya is an Ayurvedic term, a procedure followed for disorders related to migraine, throat, nose, ear, sinusitis and any other organ above the neck. Ayurveda purifies these organs and removes vitiated doshas through the nasal openings. The nasal treatment happens in the form of medicated powders, medicinal fumes, nasal oil or medicated juice.
Efficacy of the treatment:
This form of treatment is tailor made for disease related to ENT and Eye ailments. The treatment aims at getting the toxins removed from the neck and head region by administering oil through the nasal cavity. Other areas where Nasya can be applied to get good results include psychiatry, dentistry, and neurology.
Types of Nasya:
As per function, there are 3 different types of Nasya Brihmana nasya, Virechana nasya and Shamana nasya. As per quality, Nasya can be divided into 2 categories i.e. Pratimarsha nasya and Marsha nasya. Some other popular nasal therapy treatment includes the following:
- Navana: When Nasya is meant for Shodhana or Snehana, it is termed as Navana. This is the most common type of Navana and is used for hair fall, headaches and bells palsy tinnitus.
- Pradhamana: This is a procedure where dry powders get blown into the nostrils through a narrow pipe. It can also be inhaled. Diseases such as epilepsy, sudden unconsciousness and any other diseases related to the brain are treated through this method. Some other herbs that are used along with this method of treatment include vacha, vidanga, maricha etc.
- Avapeedana: In this form of Nasys, juice extracts are injected into the nostrils. 4-6 drops of juice for each nostril are required. This treatment is ideal for patients suffering from poisoning, epilepsy, delirium, rhinitis etc.
- Dhooma: This form of Nasya has 3 subtypes- virechanik, prayogik and snehaik. In Dhooma, a patient is made to inhale medicated fume from both the mouth and nostrils for 3-4 times. The exhalation should only happen from the mouth.
Herbs used in Nasya Karma:
Some common herbs that is used for preparing any nasya preparation include apamarg, vidanga, hingu, tulasi, maricha and lahsuna. Some common oil preparation of Nasya includes anu, narayana, marichyadi, guraadi, shadbindu etc. A common preparation of Nasya is known as guraadi that include herbs such as shunthi, pippali, and saindhava.
Benefits of Nasya treatment:
There are numerous benefits of nasya treatment, some of the notables ones include:
- It develops and strengthens the shoulders, chest, skin, and neck.
- The sensory organs become much stronger after nasya therapy of 3-4 weeks.
- Any person witnessing grey hair can get rid of it with regular nasya treatment.
- Nasal medication also strengthens the visual site of a person.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.