Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Padmavathy.P
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Padmavathy.PYour feedback matters!
My age 19 yrs. I'm facing menstrual problem during last 3 years . Menstrual cycle is not coming proper date I mean exact time. . It is coming 8 or 9 days later from the exact date and paining my abdomen first 2 or 3 days when period is start and coming bunch of blood from my vagina. . What I'll do. .Please give me some suggestions. Thank you!
I have not missed my period. But I had sex however he did not ejaculate it properly inside. But since it was my fertile period after two days I had meprate 10 mg .Will I get my periods .my period date is on 29th may.
I am pregnant my last lmp is sep 4 th now I am getting white spotting like a water getting more wet wat to do and I am carrying twins.
I am 22 years old and unmarried. I have a chocolate cyst of 52×33 mm in right ovary and a chocolate cyst of 38×34 mm in left ovary. My Dr. recommend me femovan tablet. What should I do? Does the medicine is effective? Or I should opt for surgery?
Hi, I had unprotected sex with my husband on 3rd day of my periods. What r d chances of pregnancy? Hw to avoid it as we do not want a baby nw. I hav gt regular 28 days cycle. Please help.
Suppose my wife's 1st day of period is on 10 Dec 15. When we do safe sex without any protection. Her period cycle is 32 days. Plsss tell me.
I am 38 yrs old and have a problem due to bulky uterus. Periods with heavy flow deadly pain. Since the delivery of my son which was ciserian. And my belly looks like as if I am pregnant. I have pain in the lower abdomen all through the day. Please suggest a treatment.
Sarcoidosis is an inflammatory condition that has been affecting many people of late. In sarcoidosis, tiny granulomas or inflammatory nodules appear in the various organs of the body. The lungs, eyes, skin, and lymph nodes are commonly affected by the condition. Sarcoidosis can also occur in the brain, heart, liver, spleen. The exact trigger for sarcoidosis is not very clearly understood. However, some studies suggest that sarcoidosis may be an outcome of the body reaction (immunological) towards certain allergens, chemicals, viruses or bacteria (foreign bodies).
It should be noted that
- Incidences of sarcoidosis are common among people in the age group of 20 – 40 years.
- People with a family history are more likely to be affected by sarcoidosis.
- Women are more susceptible to sarcoidosis than their male counterparts. The condition is common among the African-Americans.
Signs and symptoms:
The severity and appearance of symptoms depend on the organs affected by the condition. Symptoms of sarcoidosis may appear suddenly or develop gradually (there may also be a relapse). In few exceptions, the affected person may not exhibit any visible symptoms. The symptoms may vary from person to person.
In general, the symptoms include
- There is weight loss
- Extreme tiredness and exhaustion
- There may be swelling of the lymph nodes
Further, the symptoms may include
- Rashes, sores, and lesions that may appear on the nose, ears or cheeks, certain areas in the skin undergoes discoloration (Sarcoidosis affecting the skin).
- Breathlessness and chest pain, dry cough that continues for long and wheezing (In the case of the heart being affected).
- Palpitations and dyspnea, chest pain, edema, syncope or fainting and arrhythmias or irregular beating of the heart (Sarcoidosis affecting the heart).
- The eyes may appear red. The vision appears blurred. There is a pain in the eyes and light sensitivity (Sarcoidosis affecting the eyes).
Diagnosis and treatment:
- Physical examination and blood tests
- Eye tests can aid in the better diagnosis
- Kidney and liver function tests
- Imaging tests like CT scan, PET, X-rays, MRI
There are instances where sarcoidosis disappears on its own. However, if the condition persists, it is better to seek medical assistance.
Treatment for sarcoidosis include
- Immunosuppressant drugs: As the name suggests, the immunosuppressant drugs work by suppressing the immune response. Azathioprine and Methotrexate provide great relief from inflammation.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs such as Corticosteroids are very effective against sarcoidosis.
- Plaquenil (Hydroxychloroquine) is often used to treat skin sarcoidosis.
- For patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis related inflammation, doctors recommend Tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) inhibitors.
- In the case of organ failure or damage, surgery may be the only option available.
In severe cases, or if left unattended for long, sarcoidosis can result in
- Cardiac problems, which may prove to be fatal.
- It can interfere with the normal functioning of the kidney.
- The lungs may be severely affected and scarred.
- There may eye inflammation leading to blindness.
- In some cases, sarcoidosis may affect the nervous system leading to paralysis (though rare).
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!