Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Padmavathy.PYour feedback matters!
It's being 1 years after the pregnancy. She did not get her period yet. She is breast feeding her baby Most frequently. Is it normal or there is any issue. Do we need to consult a gynaecologist. Regards HB.
She wanted to know about skin lightning of particular area. Her vagina/pussy area is darker than other areas, she is very fair, but area including her inner thighs, panty line, pussy is dark, she is very upset and wants to know, is there any natural way to lighten that area?
A rising number of teenage girls in the country are getting affected with Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD. Though an advanced menarche has become very rampant these days, there are many young women who are suffering from a delay in menarche, which in turn is leading to PCOD as opined by gynaecologists. Obesity and sedentary lifestyle among young people have caused a rapid doubling of PCOD cases in the past five to eight years.
Occurrence and Symptoms:
Gynaecologists report that they get at least 15 fresh instances of PCOD cases and a considerable number of teenagers aged 16-17 are not getting their menarche. Such patients are recommended to take a strictly balanced diet, which will help them to lose weight. Initially, their mothers think that they would experience their menarche in proper time, but some girls are diagnosed with PCOD when taken to a family gynaecologist. Even worse, they could never imagine that their obesity can pave the way for such a grave health issue. PCOD can cause numerous other problems like delayed and irregular menses, rapid weight gain and tremendous difficulty in losing weight, developing acne and blocked skin pores. Furthermore, it leads to thinning of hair and excessive growth of hair on chest, back and face. Infertility, continual miscarriage, high blood pressure and high blood sugar are also common with PCOD.
Help yourself with the right diet:
There is no proven evidence regarding the cause of PCOD though gynaecologists are of the opinion that some females possess a predisposition to this disease and it may run hereditarily in the family. You can alleviate your PCOD symptoms to a considerable extent by regulating your diet properly. Have loads of fruits and green leafy vegetables and try to abstain from dairy products as many experts believe that dairy products are a direct cause of an increase in insulin levels, which can aggravate skin troubles along with other PCOD symptoms. Avoiding red meat and eating lean meat instead will help the condition and reduce the chances of infertility. It is always recommended to avoid hydrogenated and saturated fats, which are normally found in animal and dairy-based food. Try to put a stop to cheese, cottage cheese, clarified butter, pork, lamb, beef, etc. and certain baked products like cookies, cakes and fudges as they will trigger a rise in your blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
PCOD is such a condition, which you can never afford to overlook. If you had been facing any of the common symptoms, then it is probably time to pay a consult to a responsive gynaecologist.
Fitness info - funny workouts to fit physique
In recent years as lot of new workouts come about spinning cross fit mma zumba and other interesting fitness regimes have replaced running on the treadmill and lifting weights. Working out today not only become more fashionable but a whole lot more fun. To avoid boring in doing the same exercise routine daily, following few can be tried are
A. Boxing : This reduces stress with punching bag and take a step forward and get mentally and physically fit with boxing.
B. Wall climbing : It is a full body workout which requires extreme focus determination and dedication which in turn reduces fear of heights
C. Aerial silks : This requires strength as well as grace which takes upper body strength to the next level and also makes more flexible besides it is of fun hanging mid air.
D. Acro yoga : Iis a form of partner yoga which combines acrobatics and yoga, as one person is at the base and one is on top whom the other balances. It is a great mind body workout, which teaches connection communication and trust.
E. Slacklining : It is when balancing on a loosely tied rope and start walking on it while the rope is held not too high from the ground and working the way to jumps and flips. And doing this in open space or green park in the thick of nature which is really the best way to get healthy.
Can somebody please explain me in simple words that what is likely hemorrhagic cyst right ovary and how to get rid of this.
I am 32 years old female. During my 3.5 years married life I cannot do intercourse due to phobia of pain in my vagina. Also I do not have any sexual appetite. Please guide me.
We are about to ruin sex for you
Sex is not all sunshine and rainbows. There are real risks you ought to know about.
We all know there are dozens of benefits that come with having regular sex. Makes you wonder if there are any disadvantages, right?
Sex sure has side effects, so you might want to look out for these signs that tell you to cut down on sexual trysts.
1. Back pain:
Harming your back is a very common side effect of sex, especially if you are experimenting with new positions which you are not very comfortable with. If either of you is suffering from a back condition, make sure you place a pillow under your hip while having sex. Make sure that the positions you try do not affect your back a lot.
All men carry bacteria on their penis, and they need to make sure that they following a healthy genital hygiene to avoid transmitting these bacteria in women. Men must regularly retract the foreskin and clean the smegma (a combination of shed skin cells, skin oils, and moisture), especially before the sexual act
Sometimes, sex can get so good that it drains you out completely. So much that you wake up feeling tired and exhausted. If you're going for an interview or if you have important things planned for a particular day, sex can mess it up for you.
4. Penile fracture:
If you are not having sex properly, sometimes, by accident, you can cause a penile fracture. There are claims that it happens because of the woman-on-top position.
5. Psychological problems:
Sometimes, if you are not able to satisfy your partner or if you are cheating on your spouse, you tend to get depressed or anxious in a while. A lot of people even go through a low self-esteem if they are not able to satisfy their partner or if the partner refuses to spice up the sex life due to various reasons
The passing of urine has very important functions in your body as it clears out many of the toxins filtered by the kidneys. Urine primarily contains urea and uric acid, which are the results of the toxins being flushed out of the body. Urine color can be a good indicator of either what is in your system and in certain cases what may be wrong in your system.
Urine color and what it signifies:
Normal urine doesn't have a single color as it varies from clear to pale yellowish. There are certain foods, which may also leave a tinge of color, such as red or green in you urine. However, there are certain conditions, which can result in the same. Let's looks at some examples of these situations.
- Orange: Certain medications tends to have a side effect of making your urine of an orange colour. Medications, which have high doses of vitamin B2, the drug phenazopyridine and other such medicines are used to treat urinary tract infections. Moreover, certain antibiotics are known to have side effects of changing the urine color into a citrus drink like color. However, it could also mean problems with your liver or bile duct and you should consult a doctor in such cases.
- Red or Pink Urine: Phenazopyridine also causes red or pink urine in certain individuals. However, the major cause for urine of this hue is due to certain foods, such as beets, blackberries, rhubarbs, carrots and others. However, in the absence of such foods and medication, it could mean blood in your urine, urinary tract infections, tumors or even prostate problems.
- Blue or green: Certain conditions within the body are known to cause blue or green hues in urine. If you are having blue or green urine consistently then it is advisable to go to your doctor to get it checked out. Some medications, such as propofol or promethazine can also have the side effect of turning pee blue or green. However, in most cases it is the harmless food dye, which is filtered out of your system.
- Cola colored or dark brown urine: Although this can also be caused by certain medications or foods, it could be a marker for kidney disorders or internal injuries. It is advised that you go to your doctor urgently to get it checked.
- Dark yellow to amber or honey colored: This is the classic sign that your body is quite dehydrated and you need to drink more water. Dehydration may lead to more serious problems and thus this shouldn't be ignored and must be taken care of urgently.
Loving relationships are known to improve more than just your mood, it improve your looks and your health. Researchers believe that it might just be the best medicine for most people, as it helps keep your heart healthy, beat cancer and recover faster, boosts athletic performance and leads to spiritual and emotional growth.
Mentioned below are a few of the ways, in which love may lead to a healthy heart and life:
- Better Heart Health: Research has shown that women in healthy and loving marriages are less prone to contracting cardiovascular diseases, in contrary to those in stressful marriages. It has also been discovered that love reduces the likelihood of chest pains and suffering from angina despite having high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes in men.
- Lengthens Your Life: The National Longitudinal Mortality Study studied a million subjects and concluded that couples in a loving marriage tend to live longer and have lowered risk of getting heart attacks, pneumonia, cancer and cirrhosis of the liver. Their chances of committing suicide are also reduced by almost half.
- Faster Cancer Recovery: After extensive research, University of Iowa proved that patients of ovarian cancer, who were in loving relationships, had stronger WBCs i.e. White Blood Cells that kill cancerous cells, as compared to those in unhealthy relationships. They also concluded that patients in love recover quickly or completely eliminate cancer.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Studies show that when couples are together, their blood pressure is significantly lowered. This research even proved that spending time with loving and supportive friends results in lower systolic numbers.
- Keeps You Slim: Being in love is a much healthier and better option than juice cleanse, when it comes to losing that extra weight. People in loving relationships produce more adrenaline i.e. an appetite suppressant and are more likely to hit the gym and make healthier lifestyle choices to look their best. Apart from that, sex is one of the best ways to lose calories and reduce your weight.