Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PadmanabhanYour feedback matters!
Having good non decayed milk teeth with spacing between them is good for the child. There is a probability that if there are no spaces between milk teeth ( before 6 years of age) - the chances of having irregular teeth become more later on when the permanent teeth erupt. If there is crowding/ irregularity on the eruption of permanent teeth, it is better to show it to a Pedodontist ( Child Dental Specialist), by 7 to 8 yeras of age - who will help you and the child get the teeth into alignment without having to go through braces later on. This way there will be less chances of decay in child's milk and permanent teeth.
In my child kaniska she was 5.5 years old. He was wheezing trouble for past 3 years. Now I was admitted in G.K hospital for high temperature fever, running nose on 06.09.16. Now the fever controlled but cough is increased at nighttime. Please give the solution for my child.
Hello. My baby's birth weight was 2.5 kgs. And now she is 10 months old and weighs 7.5 kgs only. Although she is very active but she is very weak. Kindly suggest what kind of food will help her in increasing weight.
Last week my son had his 18 month vaccination. But he still has lump on that area and also had a pain. What should I do for this?
Kya aap mujhe 18 month baby se baby ka diet chart de sakte ho .ek normal daily routine me bache k ache growth& health k liye uski dekhbhal kaise ki jaaye. Pls suggest me.
My baby who is 1 years old, is having yellow urine, this ive noticed quite a no. Of times. Can this be anything serious? She has almost 450-500 ml of water a day, but still the urine is pale. Kindly guide me.
My son was 23 months old, he is suffering from heavy cold, since last night. Is there any home remedies. Please suggest me.
My wife is a cardiac patient. She is having cough for the one week. She has been treated with antibiotics and cough syrup but no relief. Please suggest.
Sir, I have 14 years old son, his body is very slim and chest also burning (Acidity ?)please suggest any solution I want healthy and body pick up , weight also .
Actually my son is 6 year old some times he rub is ear from today he is getting pain he does not have any fever please suggest me what I should do now ?
My son age is 2.9 years but he is not gaining the weight currently he is only 10 kg. What should I do? he has suffering of Fever seizures. Let me know what treatment in homeopathy?
Hi doctor. Am a mother of 5 month old baby. I am very much worried about hitting his head on my head or shoulder and accidental hitting of his head with my elbow. Is there any problem with small hitting. And what about soft spot?
My 2 year old son infected with typhoid from 21 days. He is hospitilis on 15 th march & fever is gone for next four days. From 20 the march again he got fever after almost 8 hrs repetitively. Dr. Told yesterday for x ray chest. What will be actual problem with him.& can you suggest any medicine. Xray reports are normal.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.