Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Padmanaban
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PadmanabanYour feedback matters!
We gave rotavirus (rotasiil) vaccine to my 3 month baby, soon after vaccine we gave him breastfeeding after sometime he splits saliva along with milk, I wanted to know whether the vaccine enter his body or not, can you please suggest me.
Dear sir/madam. This is my sad story my 2 baby story .last 3 years back we have girl baby. Baby fine for 3 month but suddenly baby got hurting. We go to Doctor clinic. He told me treating but not to get baby fine. Then we go to clinic ,doctor told me go to big hospital ,then we go to hospital baby starting to cry always ahh ahh ahh ahh lyk this. Doctors taking ICU but 3 days giving treatment they told me. Urine infection .baby not cure 4th day baby dead. Doctor not telling what is that problem. Then now 8 month back born boy baby. That baby also fine but 3 month after happening same problem baby starting cough we going to clinic there is giving tonics and some treatment ,also nebloising and baby starting wheezing sound in throat. Then it's not getting control then we going to same hospital there admitting .first day giving oxygen it's cure in 2 day in ICU .then shifting ward 8 hours after suddenly night. Starting vomiting then going to ICU after 4 days baby dead we are suffering a lot, I can't understand please tell me what is this I am very sad. Doctor can't understand what is the problem .they can't find please told me please give me suggestions. We are doing all test all OK fine, please tell me.
My daughter is 5 months and while I was going to clean her diaper I saw little transparent discharge so I cleaned the area is it something to be concerned about please help.
My child weight only 13 kg .he is picky eater. He does not like chapati ,vegetables .he likes only chocolate, milk,pizza and some nonvage food. He is very emotional and crying very easily. I giving him pediasure regularly from last 1 year but still no change in his weight. Please suggest me something .
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My daughter is 11 month old and she is too weak. Her weight is 6 kg. Her birth weight was 2.1 kg. Would you please suggest me some better food, diet so that gain. Her teeth is not come out. We are giving calcaria phasphosras to her.
Now my baby is 5month old. I am giving only breast milk to her. Last one week I felt that I am not having enough milk to satisfy her. I will not want to give any formula milk. Can you please suggest me some food to increase breastmilk.
Hi, my son is now 5 month old. He is on powder milk i. E. Nan pro 1 but after heard the news for nan pro -find live lerve in powder. We are worried. So suggest other good milk powder.
Given vaccine quadrovax and prevnar. After 30 min I gave her combiflam. She slept and after 2 hours she vomited twice. Is it because of vaccine or combiflam. What to do please suggest.
For a child, the first visit to the dentist can be panicky. This is because they don't realize what's in store. Children get a better idea about dentists after getting some information about the visit. We, as grown ups, must be set up to answer the inquiries and instruct our children in the most ideal way.
The following are some valuable tips on the best way to set up a child for the first dentist appointment:
- Guardians regularly ask when they ought to take their child for the first ever dental visit. The best time to begin taking children for a dental checkup is either when their first tooth pops out, or right around their first birthday. Expert dentists are capable of instantly recognizing any potential issues with the development and advancement of the jaw and delicate palate. Children's teeth are more porous and defenseless to decay than grown-up's teeth; so early mediation is a basic to guarantee those small teeth staying sound. It is also recommended that guardians begin brushing their child's teeth when they start coming out, utilizing a delicate toothbrush and plain water. Brushing should be started as early as possible.
- It's never too early to begin acquainting your kids with tooth brushing and knowledge of oral health. The best time to begin is before your kid's first dental visit. Youngsters love to find out about their bodies, and love to grin, touch, and investigate new things. There are many fun ways to impart oral health education to children. The more agreeable they are with their mouth and teeth, the less demanding your youngster's first dental visit will be.
- Tooth brushing is an essential piece of our everyday self-care, and it is our habit. A child, after being introduced to a brush and a toothbrush will take a certain time period to make daily brushing a habit. Guardians and the kids can brush their teeth "together". It is essential to note that toothbrushes are apparatuses, not toys, and that infants and babies ought to be firmly directed.
- Little children, are extremely insightful and touchy to the states of mind of people around them. Children regularly reflect our conduct. When we are casual and upbeat, children will probably be loose, as well. Children are additionally more casual when they are prepared for or taught something. Invest energy conversing with children about going to the dentist. You can also discuss what the dentist will do, emphatically.
- Always choose the most trustworthy dentist who is friendly and knows how to handle a child on his first dentist visit.
A child's first dentist appointment is a special one, and you should prepare him accordingly.