Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I had done my executive health checkup on 30 may and was normal but recently before 4 days back I got fever and lower back pain in which it was ruled out of a kidney stone and it came out in a day after drinking plenty water, in between I had gone twice to body massage, now I feel very fatigue and full of flum in cold. Should I go for jaundice test, dengue or any other test as feeling very lazy all the time with shortness of breath. CBC was normal a month back too.
Doctor I have burning micturition for 3 weeks and I went nearby Hosp for my copper t removal so I have done pap smear, hvs ,urine culture . Others are normal but result of pap smear shows inflammatory smear .what does it means.
I am 26 years old male I am facing uti problem from 2 years I hv checked up with many urologist but the result is not good In starting I used to feel burning sensation in my bladder but now I feel burning sensation in my penis foreskin too and pain too please tell me any ayurvedic treatment for this
Can drinking water lemon prevent kidney stones also I have been TOLD not to drink city water what is the best water to drink.
Sir /mam I always feel like I have to go for urinate some time it is very less but I feel like heavy pressure n also at time of sex I also feel same please help me suggest proper medicine.
Hi I am 28 years old a mother of two, and I had hysterectomy on jan 19 2015, and till today after 3 months I still have pain in my lower abdomen and it hurts a lot while urinating, I have consulted a lot of doctors , had lots of medicines but no signs of improvement. I hope that you will bring solution to m problem.
I have a pain in my right side of tummy and bleeding through urine. Dr. What should I have to do now, any suggestions?
How to solve kidney stone problem totally and what is the best mediation for it and us surgery must for kidney stones? Is there any home remedies for kidney stones.
From yesterday for weight loss my friend is drinking more water but after drinking water in 10 minutes he have to go to toilet to urinate.what should i do?
Dr. Mujhe gas bhut bnti h or pet bhi foolta h or muje bathroom bhi bar bar ata rhta h rat ko bhi so nhi pata jitni bar pani pita hu to 10mint me bathroom aa jata h or agr pani na piu to gla sukta h sir pls hlp m kya kru meri age 22 h or weight 45 kg and height 5.7" pls hlp me dr.
What is main things to transplant a kidney. Is there has required blood relationship between donar and the patient?
I started insulin from 22 January two times. My blood urea was 53 & creatinine was 1.67 at that time. My urea is 45 & creatinine is 2.02 now. I have started loosing my memory 2-3 times a day. Is this side effects of insulin or shall I approach a neuro physician? I have been suffering from high sugar for last 18-20 years.
Nephrotic syndrome is a type of kidney disorder wherein, the body passes out excess amount of proteins through urine, owing to the damage caused to the tiny clusters of blood vessels in the kidneys. The symptoms include putting on excessive weight as a result of fluid retention, foamy urine and severe swelling around the region of the feet, ankles and eyes.
Common causes behind it
- Minimal change disease (also known as nil disease) leads to the abnormal functioning of the kidneys
- Excess deposit of amyloid proteins in the organs, thus taking a toll on the filter mechanism of the kidneys.
- Diabetes affecting the glomeruli (capillaries present in the nephrons of the kidneys).
- Systemic lupus erythematous causing chronic swelling of your kidney.
- Membranous nephropathy wherein the membranes in your glomeruli thicken.
- Infections such as malaria, hepatitis C, hepatitis B and HIV.
- Medications to combat infections and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Kidney Biopsy is an essential part of disease assessment.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors bring down blood pressure levels as well as the amount of protein discharged from the urine.
- Water pills help control sweating, thus, increasing the fluid flushed from the kidneys.
- Statins reduce cholesterol levels.
- Blood thinners such as anticoagulants lower the risk of blood clots.
- Corticosteroids regulate the immune system and ease the inflammation that results from kidney disorders.
- Incorporating certain lifestyle changes such as opting for lean proteins, cutting on the intake of fat in the diet and consuming lesser amounts of salt can treat inflammation and swelling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.