Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Padma SundaramYour feedback matters!
Is ivf treatment always successful? I am going to undergo a surgery next month for removal of endometriosis cyst on right ovary. Doctor suggesting me to go for ivf treatment within 3 months after the surgery.
Hello doctor I get itching in vagina nd open vulva. Y it is there. Wht to do. please suggest me some remedies. Its itching me. please help me.
In which months pregnant lady to avoid flight travelling? Kya pregnancy ke seventh month me flight travelling karna chahiye?
Homeopathy is a holistic and a natural approach towards quick healing of an ailing individual. An estimate suggests that about 30% of the Indian population relies solely on the homeopathic treatment for their medical complications. People have witnessed incredible results with Homeopathy. The best part of Homeopathy is that there are no side effects associated with it, making it a much safer form of treatment. The fact that Homeopathy is both cost efficient and holistic or permanent in its cure, is one of the key benefits of this treatment.
Let us discuss some of the benefits of Homeopathy in detail:
- No side-effects: Homeopathic medicines are very safe to consume as they are formulated using natural ingredients. Homeopathic pills are known to boost our immune systems and do not hamper digestion process. They do not cause allergies and suits almost everyone including children, adults and even pregnant and senior patients. National medicine agencies assure the safety and quality of homeopathy medicines as per the requirements of European Union Legislation and European Pharmacopoeia standards. Furthermore, homeopathy medication is completely free from chemicals and synthetic materials.
- Effective and Permanent cure: Acute or Chronic - homeopathy works like a miracle in both the cases. It treats a disease from its root and thus follows a more holistic or permanent approach to healing a person with least chances of reoccurrence of the disease. Most effective for allergic disorders and seasonal illnesses, homeopathy works wonders for bacterial or viral infections.
- Inexpensive and cost effective: When compared to conventional drugs, these medicines are much less expensive. Homeopathy medicines are also sustainable as they can be stored for prolonged periods and reused, if required.
- Long term gain: Studies have shown that homeopathic treatment ensures long term relief, eventually leading to complete cure. It is best known to boost our immune systems and strengthen the body's defense mechanisms alongside curing our diseases. There are least chances of reoccurrence of the disease, with this medication.
- Gentle way of treatment and easy to administer: One of the vital reasons behind prescribing homeopathic medicine over conventional drugs is its gentle nature. The doses are in the form of sweet globules and thus are consumable by people of all age groups. Those who do not want to consume the sweetened globules have provision for liquids, powders or dissolvable tablets. The best part is that there are no injections! It boasts of non-invasive therapy and avoids surgery. It can be very well incorporated along with other therapies and medication.
Further, the medications of homeopathy are non-addictive in nature unlike some of the chemical antibiotics. Studies have shown that with appropriate medical treatment, homeopathy can reverse even the most chronic disorders with its gentle approach. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
"No soul can replace a mother’s emotion. No individual can bestow the warmth of mother’s lap."
As a hen hatches the egg, we must warm, nourish, protect and feel the divine touch of our baby. In the early 1970s, motivated by problems arising from the shortage of incubators and also the impact of mother and newborn separation, Colombian pediatrician Edgar Rey developed a simple method later named ‘Kangaroo mother care’ (KMC). KMC has three main components including thermal care through continuous skin-to-skin contact by being tied with a cloth to the front usually of the mother; support for exclusive breastfeeding or other appropriate feedings; and early recognition and response to complications. As less number of people
tend to touch your baby, thus reducing the risk of hospital-acquired the infection.
From various studies, it has been revealed that there are distinct benefits Celestial Love when babies share a bed with their parents compared to when they sleep in isolation. The physical closeness of your baby at night promotes increased secretion of the hormone prolactin in the mother. This encourages the production of breast milk. The physical proximity of the breast enables your baby to feed easily at night and this will promote optimal nutrition and healthy development. It has been found in a research that, mothers respond more quickly to the baby’s needs. Being physically close to your baby at night sharpens your intuition making you more responsive when your baby is in need.
Babies tend to sleep better and are less likely to wake-up when another person is in touching distance. Comfort and security from co- sleeping help your baby to make the transitions between sleep stages more smooth without waking up. Maternal sleep cycles adapt to those of their babies. With more frequent light sleep cycles, it is easier for you to respond to your baby and then go back to sleep, then it would be to be roused out of deep sleep to deal with a crying, and more distressed baby.
The closeness of your baby is the natural way to regulate the temperature when a baby is close to the mother he can never be cold nor be too hot. Mother is likely to know if the baby has a fever. Close baby contact, warmth, untouched at night helps to promote babies optimal physical and emotional development. Being fully satisfied at night will help your baby develop into an affectionate child with a strong sense of self-worth.
Sharing a bed allows you to enjoy more contact with your baby and helps to alleviate anxiety about absence during the day. Father’s who are absent all day at work, benefit from the physical closeness and skin contact at night and the daily satisfaction of the strong protective instinct they may have for the baby.
To sleep with the baby use a bed big enough for all of you. Position your baby so that, she may not fall or smothered by pillows or bedding. Place her on bed to sleep without pillow. Baby should not be dressed too warmly. Use several light weight blankets. Sleep naked or wear light clothes. Never fall asleep with baby lying on you. Never smoke or sleep drunk. Enjoy your baby’s presence, feel the touch and thank Almighty every moment for his blessings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
Helps prevent cancer.
High in anti-oxidants.
Lower high bloodpressure.
Helps improve vision.
Strengthens immunity system.
Promotes healthy glowing skin.
Helps the brain and nervous system function.
Low in calories buy high in nutrients.
Pregnant lady can have sex during 5th month pregnancy?? Is there any harm to mother or baby if sperm go inside vagina??
I am little healthier so I am having lumps on my thigh area and on stomach and back how can I remove those lumps and look more beautiful.
Last month I had a thyroid test and my thyroid level is 4.6 How can we reduce the thyroid level? Does thyroid level have any impact in conceiving? I do not have family history of hypothyroidism. I have been asked to take tablet Throw ell to reduce thyroid level. Does it really help? And if not what is the natural way to cure the same?
I am 23 years female. On 13th Oct 2016 I had to abort a cold of months due to hydrocephalus with spina bifida. My height is 5'2' and weight is 74 kgs. What should be my diet now. After abortion I am having loss motion. Please prescribe me some medicines. Waiting for your help.
I am ivf transfer patient 8 weeks 5 days pregnancy Dr. advised me geston injection daily but iamtaking alternative days from 7th week onwards because of pain it causes any problem pl. Tells pl. Give some advice.
Have menses problem since 2014. Done with an ultrasound and the reports said I m suffering from PCOD.
I am suffering from PCOS and weight gain. To regulate period got suggestion to have one teaspoon sesame seed 15 days prior to periods date. But much confused that some are saying sesame seeds increases weight. Will sesame seeds really increases weight? Already i am obese, so I don't want to take chances. So please suggest whether sesame seeds gain weight or not?
Doctors, I masturbates twice and with that fluid I inside my wife's vagina. She was on 4th day of her periods. Her shortest day is 30 and longest is 45. Last two were 29 may and 2nd july. This tym it was 33 days. This happened on july 5. Now its almost 10 days after periods. Now she got a white fluid on 12th june which she said was Normal before she used to get before every periods. Pls explain me whats this abt. Is she pregnant. Am worried pls help me doctors.
My wife is suffering from pcod disease but doctor is advice her to take meprate 10 mg and gestrat, fertomid, exermet 500mg but problem is still remain and menustral is not coming after completion of two months even then no pregnancy. Kindly suggest me best treatment of this disease.
I am 21 years old, I have missed my maturation date. Its ordinary comes on 21 but this month it came on 31, while it also had happened before 2-3 year. That time it had missed for 1 Or 2 month. But after that it came normally. Now I am worry that sudden gap.
5 ways to cultivate self-awareness
1. Create some space for yourself. When you are in a dark room without windows, it is fairly difficult to see things clearly. The space you create for yourself is that crack on the wall where you allow light to come through. Leave yourself some time and space every day – perhaps first thing in the morning or half an hour before sleep when you stay away from the digital distractions and spend some time with yourself, reading, writing, meditating, and connecting with yourself.
2. Practice mindfulness. Mindfulness is the key to self-awareness. Jon kabat-zinn defines mindfulness as “paying attention in a particular way, on purpose, in the present moment, non-judgmentally”. Through mindfulness practice, you will be more present with yourself so that you can “be there” to observe what’s going on inside and around you. It is not about sitting cross-legged or suppressing your thoughts. It is about paying attention to your inner state as they arise. You can practice mindfulness at any time you want, through mindful listening, mindful eating or walking.
3. Keep a journal: writing not only helps us process our thoughts but also makes us feel connected and at peace with ourselves. Writing can also create more headspace as you let your thoughts flow out onto paper. Research shows that writing down things we are grateful for or even things we are struggling with helps increase happiness and satisfaction. You can also use the journal to record your inner state. Try this at home –choose a half day on a weekend, pay close attention to your inner world – what you are feeling, what you are saying to yourself, and make a note of what you observe every hour. You may be surprised about what you write down!
4. Practice being a good listener. Listening is not the same as hearing. Listening is about being present and paying attention to other people’s emotions, body movement and language. It is about showing empathy and understanding without constantly evaluating or judging. When you become a good listener, you will also be better at listening to your own inner voice and become the best friend of yourself.
5. Gain different perspectives: ask for feedback. Sometimes we can be too afraid to ask what others think of us – yes sometimes the feedback may be biased or even dishonest but you will be able to differentiate them from real, genuine and balanced feedback as you learn more about yourself and others. Research has shown conducting 360 degree feedback in workplace is a useful tool to improve managers’ self-awareness. We all have blind spots, so it is helpful to gain different perspective to see a fuller picture of ourselves.
Self-awareness, as “arguably the most fundamental issue in psychology, from both a developmental and an evolutionary perspective”, is a rich and complicated subject. As human beings, we may never fully understand ourselves, if there is such a destination. But perhaps it is the journey of exploring, understanding and becoming ourselves that makes life worth living.
हरड़, जिसे आमतौर से हरीतकी के नाम से भी जाना जाता है, भारतीय आर्युवेदिक पौधा है, जिसमें कई चिकित्सकीय गुण समाए हैं।
यह सुविख्यात त्रिफला का प्रमुख तत्व है जिसका इस्तेमाल जिगर बढ़ने, ल्यूकोरिया और पेट की तकलीफों को दूर करने में किया जाता है।
यूनानी चिकित्सा पद्धति में इस जड़ी-बूटी का इस्तेमाल एंटीटॉक्सिन के तौर पर किया जाता है जो कंजक्टीवाइटिस, गैस्ट्रिक की तकलीफों, पुराने और बार-बार होने वाले बुखार, साइनस, एनीमिया, मैलन्कोलियो तथा हिस्टीरिया के इलाज में किया जाता है।
घरेलू नुस्खे -
(1) हरड़ का काढ़ा त्वचा संबंधी एलर्जी में लाभकारी है। हरड़ के फल को पानी में उबालकर काढ़ा बनाएँ और इसका सेवन दिन में दो बार नियमित रूप से करने पर जल्द आराम मिलता है। एलर्जी से प्रभावित भाग की धुलाई भी इस काढ़े से की जा सकती है।
(2) फंगल एलर्जी या संक्रमण होने पर हरड़ के फल और हल्दी से तैयार लेप प्रभावित भाग पर दिन में दो बार लगाएँ, त्वचा के पूरी तरह सामान्य होने तक इस लेप का इस्तेमाल जारी रखें।
(3) मुँह में सूजन होने पर हरड़ के गरारे करने से फायदा मिलता है। हरड़ का लेप पतले छाछ के साथ मिलाकर गरारे करने से मसूढ़ों की सूजन में भी आराम मिलता है।
(4) हरड़ का चूर्ण दुखते दाँत पर लगाने से भी तकलीफ कम होती है।
(5) हरड़ स्वास्थ्यवर्धक टॉनिक होता है जिसके प्रयोग से बाल काले, चमकीले और आकर्षक दिखते हैं। हरड़ के फल को नारियल तेल में उबालकर (हरड़ पूरी तरह घुलने तक) लेप बनाएँ और इसे बालों में लगाएँ या फिर प्रतिदिन 3-5 ग्राम हरड़ पावडर एक गिलास पानी के साथ सेवन करें।
(6) हरड़ का गूदा कब्ज से राहत दिलाने में भी गुणकारी होता है। इस गूदे को चुटकीभर नमक के साथ खाएँ या फिर 1/2 ग्राम लौंग अथवा दालचीनी के साथ इसका सेवन करें|