Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Padma Chandrasekharan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Padma ChandrasekharanYour feedback matters!
Hi. Period time me kitne dino tak sex nahi karna chahiye taki pregnancy ke chance na rhe. Pregnancy rokne k kon kon se tarike h pls tell me sir.
For any couple, a honeymoon is a great time to bond, have some of their first memories together and to take their marriage to the next level by consummating it. This is the time many couples see and feel each other not just emotionally, but physically as well that is in a sexual manner. While it can be exhilarating, a lack of knowledge can actually be nerve wracking and the first time expectation and anxiety may ruin your experience. You can even go for a honeymoon package. Here are a few tips to help you handle your honeymoon smoothly.
Sex tip for first timers
As is the case with many couples, the honeymoon may be the first night time two people consummate or have sex with each other or has sex altogether for the first time. Some of the important things you need to remember before having sex for the first time is mentioned below
- Don’t have high expectations: Remember, it may be the first time when you and your partner are getting intimate and thus, some inhibitions are bound to come up. Think of this first time as a foray into something new rather than expecting to have great sex from the get go. Also, don’t pressure each other into being able to do certain things as it will make things awkward. Think of it as a first time experience and let the things come with the flow as they should.
- Go slow and experience the whole process rather than quickly getting into penetration: Always remember, sex is much more than just penile-vaginal intercourse and is the whole act of caressing, kissing, foreplay, build up, dirty talk and even the cuddling together afterwards. Go slowly and feel each other and let the tension build. Many couples make the mistake of trying to get straight into sex in excitement and thus miss out on a lot of slow sensual fun.
- Foreplay is the king: Women, more than men tend to get excited slower and thus foreplay is really important to them. As a man you need to be able to arouse your partner to a point where she is lubricated enough for insertion. First timers make this mistake a little too often. This is especially true during the honeymoon if the woman is experiencing sex for the first time. Thus the male partner should concentrate on foreplay to arouse the woman which will help in having a better experience during sex. Some of the same things mentioned here are applicable for men as well.
- Sensual kissing on the body, neck and cheeks
- Nibbling on the neck
- Playing with the breasts and then licking the nipples
- Kissing the belly and naval area
- Playing, caressing, kissing and nibbling the thighs
- Playing and caressing her back and buttocks
- Giving oral stimulation
- Vaginal Insertion: Both the partners should ensure that the woman is lubricated enough for insertion. If she isn’t then either more foreplay is required or you may need to use lubricants. Once penetration has taken place, go slowly with the thrusts and if anyone feels uncomfortable when it becomes harder and faster, stop and wait for a moment to re-adjust. Coming to orgasm isn’t the only end goal and thus pay attention to the experience as well.
Things to help you out
Although you may be on your honeymoon and in a monogamous relationship with your significant other, you still need to take some precautions for the best interest of both the partners. Some of these are mentioned below
- Use a condom to stop unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections. Also condoms help in delaying orgasm thus extending pleasure for both men and women.
- Lubes are your best friend as they help the women become wetter and also help in penetration as well as thrusting. However use water based lubricants as they have the lowest risk of allergic reactions.
- You can use natural aphrodisiacs such as avocados, chocolates, honey and oysters which can boost your libido. Stay away from alcohol and smoking as it impairs sexual performance and ability.
Some things to remember
- Anxiety about body or performance: For all men and women, especially first timers, sex can cause performance anxiety as well as shyness and aversion. This is due to self-consciousness arising out of body image issues. You should remember that the person opposite to you is there for the long run and thus wont judge you for what you are. Learn to love your body without being too judgemental about it. Also don’t judge your partner for their flaws as it will only hurt them and cause further aversion.
- Remember, this is real life not porn: Men, more than women tend to have their first glimpse and understanding about sex by watching pornography. This desensitizes them and makes them think that real sex should be performed in that manner. Porn is made for visual pleasure only. It doesn’t reflect how people can have great sex in real life within a monogamous relationship. Great sex between you and your partner will be unique and hence don’t try to copy or emulate pornography as it will only end in disappointment.
- Before honeymoon: Talk to your partner before honeymoon and raise the topic about sex. It can be a great tool for arousal, developing attraction as well as for breaking down inhibitions and barriers. Know what both of you may be comfortable with, willing to try certain fantasies of the other partners and what you would absolutely not be into. Setting these boundaries will help you get a realistic perspective of the sexual chemistry between you and your partner.
Following the tips mentioned above will help you have great and mutually pleasurable, satisfying sex. Preparation and understanding beforehand will help you add a spark to your honeymoon which may then continue to light the fires of passion for a long time in your marital life.
I had Sex with my partner a week n a half ago! Without condom. While Sex she had no pain n I didn't let my sperm come out and week after she started vomiting! And headache! And she was on her 6th day of her periods! Is that the news of pregnancy.
Menstruation is the monthly discharge of blood from the vagina, which lasts for about 5 to 6 days. It is the shedding of the inner lining of the uterus, when pregnancy does not occur after the release of egg from the ovary. Menstrual periods are generally often accompanied by painful cramps in the lower abdomen, heavy bleeding, weakness, water retention, irritability and malaise.
What is Menorrhagia?
Very heavy or prolonged periods are medically termed as menorrhagia. It is abnormally heavy bleeding if there is a requirement to change sanitary napkins or tampons several times within a very short span of time. Passing large blood clots, night time bleeding, bleeding for over 7 -8 days, are other symptoms that one might be suffering from menorrhagia.
Common Causes Behind It
Heavy menstrual bleeding can be a result of hormonal imbalance.
Fibroids, cysts or polyps in the organs of the reproductive system, which includes the uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes.
History of miscarriage or failed pregnancies.
Use of Intrauterine contraceptive devices can sometimes lead to heavy and prolonged bleeding during periods.
Infections of uterine lining can also lead to heavy and abnormal bleeding.
How can you treat heavy bleeding during menses
Change of diet: You must include more minerals, iron, magnesium and calcium in your diet. Your diet must comprise a lot of green vegetables, fresh fruits and dairy products.
Some non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen may be prescribed to reduce the blood loss.
Certain hormonal therapies to regulate the hormonal imbalances and menstrual irregularities.
Home remedies such as intake of certain herbs, ginger and coriander seeds help to control heavy bleeding.
Increasing magnesium intake to balance out levels of oestrogen.
It is best to stick to natural remedies, as it generally does not create complications in other bodily functions.
How you can treat Menorrhagia:
Menorrhagia can be managed with natural remedies as mentioned here but sometimes, the bleeding may not respond to such modifications & then you need to consult a Gynaecologist to find the exact cause and treatment for the heavy bleeding. Usually, the first line medication is a NSAID, which is a non-hormonal medication and needs to be taken during periods only. Other medications that may be used are hormonal tablets and other options which are best decided by a Gynaecologist.
If the bleeding cannot be controlled even after a change of diet and home remedies, you must consult the gynaecologist as soon as possible. Heavy bleeding is a serious problem, especially if accompanied by dizziness, fluctuations in the blood pressure, nausea and weight loss. Severe cramps and constant bleeding can hinder daily routine, therefore, the earlier you receive medical attention, the quicker you will get relief.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctor my wife facing breast pain, it coming suddenly or if something/someone hits her breast accidentally, of course when iam squeezing her breast I feeling some kind of small hard thing in side, and she says its paining why is this happening? Please give me description for her, and suggestion.
First I saw a little blood vry little next day also vry little brownish type cream den I took ipill den I started discharged bleeding more in my urine also and otherwise also it is or not periods.
I am 41 year old now how much gape should maintain in sex once a week or towice a month please tell me doctor.
Hi, Now I am 25 week pregnant. I went u/s scan in that placenta is breech presentation. If the placenta is like that anything worry about that. Could you please reply about breech position. Placenta is upper segment grade 2 maturity. Pls answer.
Hello Dr. I am under medication for thyroid and pcod for past 4 months, even after medication I didn't feel any difference. After medication for pcod I am getting my periods on time do I have any cure from this disease or I should be under medication for life long. Kindly reply me.
I am 34 years old female. I am 15 weeks pregnant with my second child. My first delivery was a vacuum one. I have been told my placenta is anterior with lower end covering os. I have been asked to leave my job as it involves long hours of standing and walking and climbing stairs Also diagnosed with ovarian cyst 6.5 cm abutting right ovary. Is my condition serious enough to resign?
I am diagnosed pcos. I had a little amount of men's every month even till January. But recently in March and April my vaginal whitish discharge turned light brownish or pale yellow on my those dates.
Sweating is a normal and natural phenomenon, which all human beings experience. When the weather conditions are humid or if you have walked for a long duration in the sun, sweat is bound to appear. Some people sweat much more than the normal rate. If you belong to this category, some questions may come to your mind like whether is it abnormal? What can be a possible remedy?
Here are some facts you must know about sweating.
1. Sweating is a natural phenomenon, and everyone sweats
It is a normal function of the human body. It involves releasing of fluids from our sweat glands present in the skin. The body maintains its temperature by means of perspiration. Sweating may make you feel uncomfortable,but performs the important cooling function of the body. Composed of water, sugar, salts and ammonia, sweat does not have any smell of its own. The unpleasant smell produced from your skin is a result of sweat mixing with bacteria.
2. The rate of perspiration varies from person to person
If you find yourself to be sweating more than normal people around you, it's natural for you to get concerned. However, do not worry because there is nothing unnatural. Some people produce more amount of sweat than others and that is completely natural. The rate just varies from person to person.
3. Overreaction of sweat glands leads to hyperhidrosis
Some people have sweat glands, which are so over reactive and over productive that they actually suffer from the disease hyperhidrosis. People having this disease sweat abnormally. The rate of perspiration is very severe. There is no such cure for hyperhidrosis. The only permanent solution to fix this disorder is by surgery where the nerves to the sweat glands are cut off.
4. Sweating is psychological in nature
The process of sweating is carried out by the sympathetic nervous system. Once it is stimulated, more sweat is produced. Although it may seem weird, thinking of sweating can lead to more sweating in individuals.
5. Nausea leads to increased sweating
Nausea or motion sickness is another reason, which accounts for increased perspiration. Nausea stimulates the sympathetic nervous system, which in return produces additional sweat.
6. Sweating can be delayed at times
Suppose you are climbing up a staircase, but surprisingly you notice that even after going up five flight of stairs, there is no sweat. The sweating appears a little later and is quite intense. This is because your body takes some time to react to the thermoregulation which takes place.
Sweating is a very uncomfortable and irritating phenomenon, but it is actually helpful to the body. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi Doctor I am 26 (2016) years old and trying to conceive. I was diagnosed with PCOD in 2009 and was given Krimson 35 for three months I got my periods regularly but had many side effects stopped medication and practiced yoga diet and had regular periods. I got married in 2013 and from oct 2014 trying for baby. We used only withdrawal method for pregnancy during early days no medicationThen I started trying to get pregnant in oct 2014 and after three months jan 2015 went to doctor and took test ultrasound and all. All test came normal and I had cyst only in right ovaries. Doc asked me to take duphaston 10mg from 24th day of the cycle and have contact from 14-24 by I miss understood and took duphaston from 14-24 for four cycles. I went o doc again she asked to stop all medicines as you took it in wrong dates it would have confused hormones. Doc said you try for one year reduce weight (i am 150 cm 54 kgs) diet and come after a year. She told take folic and glycomet tried for four monthly cycles were irregular 36 day 39 days like thatThen my husband went to onsite from sep 2015 - dec 2015i did not take any medicine then. My periods were irregular then also. Since he came back on dec I went to doc she agin told have duphaston for 2 cycle (from 24th day for 1 week) and come. I had for one cycle got my periods thought from jan 2016 I will try for 6 months with folic acid alone and then go to doc. Jan 11 was start date of the cycle now it is feb 26, it is 47 days of the cycle. No periods negative test. I had single drop of blood on 31 and 32 days fo this cycle I am doing yoga for 1 hour daily and gym for 30 mins. My questions are1. Can I still be pregnant? 2. What could be reason for this confusion3. I stopped taking glycomet 850 and had only folic acid could that cause this delayed periods? 4. What are the next steps I should do5. How long does duphaston tablet have effects in our body. Will no taking that cause delayed periods.
There are several herbal treatments available to help infertile couples and one such treatment is known as Ayurveda.
Ayurveda highlights the importance of a healthy body of the woman even before conception. Dried asparagus is used in the preparation of Ayurveda and it contains proteins, carbohydrates, natural steroids, and polysaccaroids. Infertile couples can use its tonic that revitalizes their reproductive system. This herb has proven extremely useful in the treatment of male side fertility problems i.e. premature ejaculation, impotence, lower sperm count, or less motile sperms. Visiting a reputable infertility clinic (link to sablok clinic goes here) will help you a lot.
Ayurveda is highly effective for female fertility problems and its regular use prepares a woman’s body for conception. Reproductive strength of the couple actually depends on the fitness of reproductive tissues in both man and woman. The woman releases her ovum as a result of her menstrual cycle while a man releases his semen (containing sperms) when his reproductive system receives stimulation from the environment. The reproductive cycle needs energy that the body gets from the digestion of food intake. As a result, when a person eats healthy food, he is likely to acquire a stronger body and powerful reproductive sperms, hence resulting in the production of healthy babies.
Ayurveda fertility treatment assumes the fertility to be the result of the transformation of sperm and egg and if there is any hindrance in the way, the process doesn’t occur. This process will not initiate unless it is rejuvenated by ensuring the health and strength of both egg and sperm. Ayurveda experts suggest that there are certain foods that strengthen the reproductive system better than others. These foods include milk, pomegranate, almonds, pumpkin, honey, and sesame seeds. Ayurveda also suggests a detoxification program that involves simple eating and a regular oil massage. The treatment emphasizes eating khichdi on daily basis as it considers it to be the best healing food. Besides khichdi, the patient should take spice tea to clear toxins in his or her body. Daily massage of sesame oil also helps in conception as it dilates the skin of the patient.
Ayurveda treatment specialists also recommend that the environment and preparation of making love and having sex is also important. It is necessary to set a background that contains an aromatic and romantic ambiance over a soothing and relaxing couch or bed. This union is very important in that two forces are going to merge together to produce a new life. Peace of mind is necessary to achieve success in the process. For more details you can contact us at our helpline number.
Neurological disorders may creep in due to many reasons. It may be due to degenerative diseases, accidents, other health conditions, birth defects or genetics. The most common form of disorder occurs due to non-functional brain cells in some parts, and loss of myelin sheath in neurons, which protects the nerve signals in their complete transfer from origin to destination. These losses are irreparable, but further degeneration can be avoided with Ayurveda. Panchakarma, the branch of Ayurveda, which deals with detoxification of the body and mind, specially helps. Over a period of time, it can bring back the lost sensation in nerves. Yoga, pranayama and Ayurvedic treatments lead to recovery and relief to a huge extent.
Important facts about Panchakarma
There are 3 important steps in Panchakarma, which are followed one after another to get the result. The main objective of Panchakarma is to detoxify the body. Virechanam, vamanam, sneha vasti, nasyam and kashaya vasti are the 5 folds in Panchakarma.
- Poorvakarma or preparing the body, followed by Abhyangam or massage, followed by Elakizhi or herbal paste massage, and finally podikizhi, or steam bathing makes the body ready for receiving further treatments.
- Njavara Kizhi is the special treatment done in Panchakarma where the body is given a rice bolus massage to improve the joint and neuro functions.
What is Njavara Kizhi?
Njavara is a variety of rice, which is specially used for Ayurvedic treatment and massages. In this treatment the rice is made into a pudding by boiling it with milk. This pudding is then made into boluses. The boluses are filled in muslin cloth, and then using these muslin bolus dabs, the whole body of the patient is massaged. This full-body massage has excellent effects on neurological and joint functions. The deep tissues within the body are rejuvenated. The treatment is carried on for 45 minutes to 60 minutes by therapists or experts. Another form of the treatment requires the rice to be made into a paste, and then the paste is applied all over the body. But this is more preferred for beautification.
Other effective therapies
Siro Vasti, Kati Vasti, Ela Kizhi and Nasyam are all different forms of Panchakarma treatment, which detoxify the body and mind and rejuvenate the body and nerve functions. But these treatments cannot be conducted on the body on your own. You need a masseur who must be a specialist in Ayurveda to do this for you. Hence contacting Ayurvedic doctors or experts would be the best to start the treatment.