Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PadhmaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am of 21 years unmarried girl, my regular days are from 21-27 of every month and I got my periods on 23rd sep which ended on 27th and on 28th sep I had sex without protection but within 72 hours I took that unwanted 72. On 5th and 6th of october I again had periods but this time it was brown blood. On 16th october I again had sec without protection but he ejaculated outside on that time I didn't took any medicine. Now its 7th november till now their is no sign of periods. And I did the test also today in the morning but the result was negative only one pink/purple line appeared in the box. Can the results be false? Or something else is the reason of not getting my periods on time? Pls answer.
I am 32 years old having hypothyroidism. Having 4 years old kid. Now we are planning for another baby. Recently DNC had done for me because of no heart beat. Present my TSH value is 5.using 75 mcg. How much dosage should I take now to decrease TSH value. Give me tips for getting healthy pregnancy next time. Height 5" weight 68 kgs.
Doctor im sugandha chaudhary and my thyroid increases in reports some units so, please suggest me what precautions I have used and m also pregnant before 2 months. THE report details is: TSH SERUM RESULT :- 7 UIU/ml N Both the lobes of thyroid show heterogeneous echotexture with irregular surface. No obvious module is seen Right lobe measure: 4.1*1.3*1.5 cms Left lobe measure: 4.0*1.4*1.4 cms Isthmus: 3.0 mms Bilateral parotid glands are homogenous in echotexture and with an intraparotid lymph node in the superficial lobe of left parotid gland.
I am 19years girl I have a problem of breast pain in some times. Like monthly twice or thrice. Why it is happening is it any problem for me?
I am a 24 year girl. My vagina hole is very loose. So can you suggest some needful advice to make it tight.
I am a 21 year old girl my weight is 92 kg I want to get slim and a toned body what shall I do to determine the percentage of bone density muscle mass and fats in my body how shall I have long and thick hair please suggest me thank you.
I had a c section before 12 days my bleeding was stopped on 7today n on 12today it started bleeding more is it normal.
I am 30 year old boy. I got married in April 2015. My wife did not get pregnant yet. I am trying every week. In the first month her periods get delayed by 6 days and also pain was much higher than usual. Then next 3 months periods came normally. But this month Oct 2015 periods got delayed by 7 days. I thought it z done now but again not. Also I want to confess I had lot of masturbation before marriage. So I need a suggestion for this.
My D.O.B is 16th July 1988 according to which I will be of the age 29 soon. Currently my weight is 65 kg and height is 5'4.I have been diagnosed with PCOD long back and had been taking medicines like femilon etc for year or soo. But now since recently I got married in Feb 2017. I am planning for my first issue so need guidance on the same certain parameters like firstly when is the best time for it? Secondly do I need to take some hormones, vitamins and medicine for the same? What treatment do I need to undergo?
I am 19 girl. Doctor please suggest me how to get normal stool. From last two days ive passed today. What is the time duration of being normal. I even drink a lot of water. Morning empty stomach I am drinking mint leafs lemon in warm water from 2-3 days and bedtime honey lemon water from last 2 months Since 7-8 months I have less bleeding during periods within 2 days it has high bleeding and then till 6-7 days it turns to very very less. Is there any danger symptoms? I am very afraid please help me.
My wife is pregnant 13 weeks as of now all reports ok but evening time she feel sick and all day vomiting. Pls suggest wat I am do.
The smart phone revolution has changed our lives in many ways. With several adults and even tech savvy teenagers and children turning victims of problems like anxiety and depression, doctors are increasingly turning to mental health apps. Frequent use of tech gives a better avenue for communication, in this case between doctors and patients.
Here are the top 7 mental health apps that can be used by patients to improve their mental health
- Code Blue: Bullying is a real problem that has led many down the path of depression and suicide. And, sometimes the solution is closer than you think, in this case it is just a click away. With Code Blue, you can choose people from your contact to be a part of your support group. With just a few clicks, the app will alert the support group if the user needs their help. The app also communicates the user's location to the group and the group can indicate that help is on the way.
- Breath2Relax: Feeling too anxious or angry and want to let your bad side take over the situation. Launch Breath2Relax on your phone and you'll be walked through a series of breathing exercise that help to reduce stress, stabilize mood, control anger, and manage anxiety. It can be operated independently.
- Lantern: Lantern is a web and mobile based platform that combines cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) techniques with advice from real experts. The app starts by measuring the users strengths, weaknesses, stress, anxiety, mood and social life and then tailors daily exercises that suits their pattern. Next the app matches you with a professional CBT coach who can answer any questions you have.
- PTSD Coach: PTSD stands for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. PTSD Coach is an app developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs' National Center for PTSD, intended for use by veterans, military personnel and civilians experiencing symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder. The app provides a self assessment tool that tracks symptoms over a period of time and also connects with a support group from your contact list and locate nearby treatment programs.
- Optimism: Optimism is a family of applications that focus on self-tracking as a tool for coping with mental illnesses including depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety and PTSD. Users can record the intensity of their mood, which will eventually detect patterns and help identify problem triggers. . Users can create a customizable wellness plan to chart their coping mechanisms which will come from experience and understanding of their mental condition.
- Talkspace: This free app helps users connect with a therapist with whom they can chat anytime. It isn't exactly a substitute to in-person therapy, but more a precursor where the app's therapists can monitor and guide the user if they need more advanced help.
- Big white wall: Sometimes just knowing that there are others in the same boat as you is a big help and this is what the app does. It is a community where users with different type of mental health problems come together for discussion boards, reference articles and self-assessment tests. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Marriage is perhaps the most important relation in an adult’s life. That’s why it needs extra care and attention, especially when things are not exactly gung ho. This is where marriage or marital therapy comes in.
Marriage counseling is the process of counseling the married couple to recognize and to reconcile or at least manage differences and repeating patterns of stress upon the marital relationship.
Basic practices of marital therapy
- The basic practices of marital therapy focus primarily on the process of communicating. Counselors use a method called active listening.
- Another method used is called “Cinematic immersion”. Both these methods have one important thing in common- they help counselors create a safe environment where each partner can express feelings and hear the feelings of the other.
- Emotionally focused therapy for couples or EFT-C is also used. This is based on attachment theory and uses emotion as an agent of change and target, both.
- Behavioral couples’ therapy is another method used. It is actually a proven way out of marital discord. This method focuses on integrating the twin goals of acceptance and change for couples in therapy.
The successful couples usually make concrete changes to accommodate the needs of the partner and also show greater emotional acceptance of the other.
Role of the relationship counselor
A couple therapist is usually someone with a degree in psychiatry or counseling. And her primary role is to listen, understand and facilitate better communication between the couple. The counselor also:
- Provides a confidential tete-a tete, which normalizes feelings
- Enables each partner to be heard and to hear themselves
- Works as a mirror to reflect the marriage’s difficulties to the partners
- Outlines the potential and direction for change
- Delivers important information
- Improves communication
- Identifies the repetitive, negative interaction cycle that drives a problematic marriage as a pattern
- Understands the source of emotions behind that negative pattern
- Re-organizes these key emotional responses to offset the pattern
- Creates new patterns of interaction
- Increases emotional attachment between partners
When should you seek marital therapy?
- When you avoid communicating or your communication has become negative- This usually means bad language, verbal abuse, and sometimes physical abuse.
- When you or your partner have sought out other sexual partners – Marital therapy can save a marriage after an affair if both partners want and work out the kinks in their relationship.
- Lack of intimacy in the marriage- This is the stage when partners just occupy the same space without communication, or exchange of feelings or touch.
Marriage counseling is a long process. And another thing to remember is that it can’t save a marriage that is unsalvageable. So, go in for marital therapy with an aim to do what’s the best for you and your partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
What is Labour?
Labour and delivery are demarcated by the end of the pregnancy when a woman delivers the child or more than one child and it leaves the uterus. Normally, the gestation period for humans is somewhere around 37 weeks to 42 weeks. In most developed countries, the deliveries happen in hospitals, where as in developing as well as under developed countries, births happen at home under the supervision of traditional birth attendant, called the midwife.
Stages of Labour:
Vaginal delivery is the most common form of childbirth. Labour consists of three stages
- The opening and shortening of the cervix: Lasts from 12 to 19 hours
- Coming down of the baby and its birth: 20 minutes to 2 hours
- Expulsion of the placenta: Varies from 5 to 30 minutes
In the first stage, your abdominal muscles will begin to cramp associated with back pain. These cramps can be of durations of half a minute, about 10 minutes apart. These contractions start coming closer and become more intense as the second stage starts closing in. During the second stage, you may have to push along with the contractions to help give birth to your baby. Most babies are born head-first, although there are cases, when the baby is born buttocks first or legs first. This is commonly called “breeching”. In the third stage, it recommended to cut the umbilical cord and ensure that the placenta is entirely removed from the uterus or it may cause complications later.
The onset of labour is marked by the expulsion of the amniotic fluid and then the contractions begin to set in. Most women can walk around and eat food during labour, but when the contractions start to get too painful, it is suggested to get help and have someone around during that time. It is not recommended to push during the first phase, but then it becomes essential to push from the second stage onwards. Your gynaecologist will be able to tell you which stage of labour you are in by looking at the dilation of your cervix. As soon as you start to feel your contractions kicking in, you must contact a gynaecologist or your birthing attendant.
This is a condition in which women are unable to climax in spite of adequate sexual stimulation. It is a common condition that affects a significant number of women. Female orgasms vary in several ways; it may differ in intensity or duration. The symptoms of anorgasmia are mainly the delay in attaining orgasms or the inability to orgasm.
What are the types of anorgasmia?
- Acquired anorgasmia- In this type, orgasms have been attained before, but due to some factors, have stopped now.
- Lifelong anorgasmia- Orgasms have never been felt.
- Situational anorgasmia- Here, you may be able to orgasm in certain situations alone. Like in a certain position, or oral sex or with a particular person only. Most women cannot orgasm to vaginal stimulation alone.
- Generalised anorgasmia- In this, you are unable to climax in any situation or with any partner
What causes this?
Orgasms is a very complex process. It takes a combination of physical, psychological and emotional factors to reach an orgasm. So, if any of the above mentioned is compromised, it can lead to temporary or permanent anorgasmia. The several factors that can typically cause anorgasmia are:
- Medical diseases- Diseases such as diabetes or multiple sclerosis can lead to anorgasmia
- Medications- Medicines such as anti-depressants, anti-histamines, cardio-vascular medications can interfere with orgasms
- Smoking and Alcohol- Alcohol can lead to the inability to climax, whereas smoking cigarettes limits blood flow and has a similar effect.
- Gynaecologic issues- Surgeries such as hysterectomy or cancer surgeries can hamper with the ability to achieve orgasms.
- Poor body image
- Anxiety or depression
- Financial issues and stress
- Fear or Sexually Transmitted Diseases or pregnancy
- Past emotional or sexual abuse
- Fights or conflicts in the relationship
- No attraction toward the partner
- Lack of connection
- Poor connection with partner regarding sexual needs
How to treat it?
After you consult your sexologist, he might suggest you sex therapy or cognitive behavioural therapy. You may also seek couple therapies. Women can also try increased stimulation. Most women have a hard time achieving orgasms via vaginal stimulation. You can try clitoral stimulation or other positions that may benefit and increase the chances of achieving an orgasm.