Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi, Last month humne baby ke liye plan kiya tha but main concieve nahi kar payi. Mere periods bhi irregular ha last month date of my period is 17 march 2016 or 10 april 2016 ko muje periods aa gye. Mujhe kya karna chahiye please help. Conceive na karne ka kya reason ho sakta hai.
The body has multiple chemicals called hormones, which regulate many of its functions. Increased or decreased levels of these hormones affect various functions including metabolism, growth and sexual functions. Thyroxin produced by the thyroid (situated in the front of the neck) is one such hormone, which has a significant role to play in metabolism.
Graves’ disease is one of the main causes of hyperthyroidism, where there is excessive production of thyroid hormones. Graves’ disease is an autoimmune disorder, wherein the body reacts against its own tissues. It is very common in women than men, especially after 20 years of age. Family history also has a strong correlation in developing Graves’ disease. The high levels of thyroid hormone increase the rate of metabolism, thereby altering weight, mental energy levels, physical stamina, and also mood.
Thyroid hormone is related to metabolism and more amount of it lead to higher metabolism. This causes the following symptoms.
- Intolerance to heat
- Excessive sweating
- Nervousness and anxiety
- Inability sleep, as the mind is always excited
- Increased appetite (sometimes despite weight loss) due to higher metabolism
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Palpitations (rapid, loud heartbeat)
- Irregular heartbeats (tachyarrhythmia)
- Fine tremors of the extended arms
- Breast enlargement in men, known as gynecomastia
- Extreme moodiness, causing irritability and anger
- Inability to focus and concentrate
- General fatigue and shortness of breath with any exertion
- Increased frequency of bowel movements
In addition, the eye symptoms are quite diagnostic including:
- Protrusion of the eyes (exophthalmos), giving an impression that they are going to fall out
- Double vision
- Excessive tearing
- Increased irritation in the eyes
Diagnosis: The first symptom would be the presence of an enlarged thyroid gland (front of the neck above the collarbone), and the some of the above symptoms would be present.
In addition, tests to check for thyroid gland functioning including T3 and T4 levels would reveal increased amounts of hormone in the blood stream.
As a confirmatory test, the radioactive iodine uptake test also is done, which will indicate increased uptake by the thyroid gland. This indicates that the gland is functioning at an increased pace and requires additional iodine for the production of thyroid hormones.
Treatment: There are two approaches to it, one to control the symptoms and the other to control the thyroid gland per se.
- Beta blockers are very useful in controlling rapid heart rate and anxiety.
- Prednisone may be used to control eye irritation and swelling
- Antithyroid drugs are used to control the production of thyroid
- Radioactive iodine is given orally to control excessive thyroid production
- In severe cases, thyroid gland may be surgically removed partially or completely
Graves’ disease is not life-threatening and once symptoms are controlled, the patient’s quality of life improves drastically.
I have delivered a child 5 month back through c section. Now i have gained a lot of weight .What can i do to reduce my weight?
I have been suffering from swelling, itching and white water from past many years. I have taken medicines, used all sorts of creams and even tried natural remedies but nothing works permanently. After few weeks, my uterus gets worse again. What should I do to keep it healthy? Also, will this years of unhealthy uterus effect my sex life?
Avoid Tobacco,this will be a big favor to your teeth. One, it will save you from oral cancer and periodontal complications. Two, it will save you from the countless ill effects caused by the agents used to mask the smell of tobacco. For example, if you smoke a cigarette, you may use candies, tea or coffee to mask the smoky breath and odor. This doubles the amount of damage caused.
I am sex with my gf on 2nd June and her period date is 20 June but that month her period come on 24th June but I'm worried about that this month her period not come so she is pregnant or not.
Sir my age is 18 nd I am girl my problem is related to menses actually my bleeding phase gets prolonged nd it persist for month or so smtime menses become quite irregular I have consulted from local doctor but they r not very clear please suggest it has also caused intense weakness .smtime I got pain in my lower abdomen nd in stomach I used to remain very lively but now I remain tired whole day this condition is persisting from last year smtime my condition get worsen nd this bleeding continue to 30-60 days without stopping a day my condition is very critical please suggest.
I have irregular periods from menarche. Der is interval of 4 to 5 months in a cycle. My weight ws 60 kgs 2 years back but suddenly I gained weight. Now it is 85kgs constant from 2 yrs. Aftr exercise from 1 yr. I showed doctor c told I hv mild hirsutism n no features of acne. N prescribed deviry tablets fr 5 days. What should I do more. I gt tested regarding this.
Meri girlfriend hai us k sath me sex krna chahta hu Wo Abhi vrgin hai To hme ye to pta hai ki condom use krna chahiye hum ne try bhi kiya 4-5 bar lekin mera pennis uske vagayna me enter nhi ho paya To uski tips dijiye Ye bhi bataye ki Usko pain hoga wo kitna time hoga Blood kitna niklega.
I had unprotected sex with my bf on 13, 14, 15 May without condom and did not take the ipill also. Today visited a lady gyano doctor she advice me not to take the pill as I was out of my ovulation period which starts from 19th May 15 days after last period. She asked me to wait till my periods and consult her if I don't have periods.
Ever had tempting food calling out to you, but could not to swallow it? This could be a serious medical condition and should not be taken lightly. Sometimes, certain disorders in the throat or the esophagus culminate in acute difficulties in swallowing. Commonly termed dysphagia, this disease is directly linked to some sort of a neuro cardiac abnormality. Dysphagia is commonly noted in babies and aged people or in other words in those age groups whose immunity systems are not necessarily strong. Occasional troubles in swallowing can go unnoticed and may not necessarily raise the alarm, but if this condition prevails for a comparatively long period of time, then one really needs to get themselves checked.
Some of the most prominent causes of dysphagia have been enlisted below:
- Muscular and nervous dysfunctions: On certain occasions, the nerves and the muscles that are responsible for transporting food through the food pipe may not be functioning properly. As a consequence of which, food particles find it difficult to navigate through the esophagus and reach the stomach. Such a condition may be spurred by a stroke or nervous diseases like Parkinson's, sclerosis or dystrophy. A weak immunity system, leading to an inflammation and thus narrowing of the esophageal walls may also cause such a disease.
- Gastronomical distresses: Ulcers or inflammation of the food pipe due to some gastroenteric disorders is also a cause of dysphagia. Such a condition may arise out of innocuous situations like an allergic reaction or on account of more chronic medical distresses like cancers and tumors.
- Dryness inside the mouth: The saliva in the mouth helps in debilitating the food particles into digestible form. However, due to some kind of a hormonal imbalance, if there isn't adequate saliva formation, it becomes a task to swallow the food and results in dysphagia.
With timely diagnosis, dysphagia can be treated effectively. Treating dysphagia usually involves a few clinical methods as well as a few lifestyle changes. Certain specialists advice exercising the throat muscles that can possibly ease out swallowing while others recommend specific changes in the diet for the same. Surgical procedures involve dilation and endoscopy which clears out the surface area of the esophagus as a result of which heals dysphagia to a great extent.