Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. P.VenkatakrishnaYour feedback matters!
My mother having slip disc problem approx last 1 year. Continue taking treatment but mother have no any effect. Plss tell me sir we should go for surgery or not? My Mother is 51 year.
Hello sir/mam, I have extremely high muscle spasm and back pain near lumbar vertebrate bone series number 5, which is above left side of hip, which treatment or which exercise should I follow, plz, I can not walk 20-25 min properly due to muscle spasm above hip and bone, during walking.
Hi, My father is suffering from the below symptoms: 1. Belching continuously 2. Pain in liver 3. Back ache This is after having omelette and a cup of tea in the morning. Kindly suggest what is this and is this anything serious. How to heal this issue? Regards.
I'm 25/m dng admin work @ off. I'm getting back pain once I do work 3 to 4 hours continusly. I'm sitting @ off wheeling chair (vire) stich chair but severe pain getting. Please advise.
Last year I was diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency (I was found extremely deficient) the doctor suggested me to take medication for a period of one and a half months. There was no sign of pain then but now my hand pains frequently. What should I do?
I have severe pain in back side of left leg just upper side of heel. This area also swallowing. Too much pain and always feel like walking a long way. please help.
I was diagnosed with bulging disc a year back with pain in the back underneath my thighs and my buttocks and also underneath the knee joint. I took a injection in the spine a month back and now the back pain is gone but still I have a lot pain when I sit (in my left buttock) and also underneath my knee joint of the left leg. What should I do as am suffering for a very long time. My left leg also feels a bit stiff than the right one.
I have back aching I work for bpo my job is to just sit. I lost my interest in many thing and started taking stress in all matter.
Fibromyalgia is a condition characterised by chronic widespread body pains and increased responsiveness to pressure. Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this disorder than men. Fibromyalgia can be treated with physiotherapy, pharmacotherapy and combined efforts of physician and the patient.
Some of the symptoms that characterize this disorder are:
- Pain: Fibromyalgia is characterized by pain that has no apparent reason. It can affect different parts of the body and presents itself in different ways. Some people may experience a stabbing pain while others complain of a persistent dull ache. This pain may be affected by climate changes or stressful situations. There is reduced threshold to pain, because of certain chemical ( neurotransmitters) abnormalities in brain. Pain is generalized, felt above and below the waist, right and left-side of body, arms, legs, neck and back.
- Abnormal Sensitivity: Fibromyalgia patients are extremely sensitive to environmental changes that involve sight, sound and smell. For example, cigarette smoke can make a fibromyalgia patient extremely nauseous while loud music can give the person an instant headache. Lights that are brighter than normal can also make such a person feel uncomfortable. Patients have an abnormal sensitivity to pain, which leads to generalized aching of the body and tender points.
- Muscle & Joint Stiffness: Fibromyalgia patients often experience stiff muscles and joints without any form of strenuous activity or other reason. This may be localised to one group of muscles or affect the whole body. For some patients, this pain is worse in the morning or when sitting for extended periods of time. However, moving around does not provide any significant relief.
- Chronic Fatigue and Exhaustion: There are two main reasons for a Fibromyalgia patient to complain of tiredness. Firstly, the condition itself drains a person of energy even without overexerting themselves. Secondly, the pain and joint stiffness can hamper a person’s sleep and lead to sleep deprivation. Over time, this can become a vicious cycle of tiredness and insomnia. Chronic fatigue also affects a person’s immune system causing his or her energy levels to drop.
- Cognitive Impairments: Fibromyalgia patients also complain of a compromised short term memory. They often face difficulties recalling names of people they have recently met or other newly acquired information. These people may also have trouble concentrating on tasks for extended periods of time and experience mental sluggishness also known as fibro-fog.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Bowel disturbance is another common symptom of this disease. Passing stool may become difficult due to a combination of pain and muscle stiffness. With time, this problem can worsen unless addressed with laxatives. However, an over-dependence on laxatives can lead to further problems.
Apart from pain, patient experiences unrefreshing sleep and fatigue throughout the day. Other associated features can be depression, abdominal cramps, chest pain, tingling.
Lab Tests: Fibromyalgia is a clinical diagnosis. There are no definite laboratory tests. In fact, most conducted tests will turn out to be normal.
Treatment: Foremost important is an education of patient and caregivers, regarding nature of the disease. The patient needs to indulge in recreational activities and undergo supervised physiotherapy. There are potent medicines to correct the chemical imbalance in the body thereby increasing the pain threshold and leading to better quality of life. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist and ask a free question.