Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. P.V.Rajender KumarYour feedback matters!
Gud evening sir, I've been a sinus patient since more than 5 years. Doctor asked me to undergo surgery because I had polyps. But I didn't want to undergo surgery because I had others surgeries on me since my childhood. Now my sinusitis is not acute like before. So will there be any problem if I live with it like that.
My mother age is 77 years. She is suffering blooding from nose. We are helping by bathing mouth and shaking by ice. But we are not successing. Please help me.
Having allergy in nose since last 5 years Taking regular medicine since last 5 years but no results What to do now Any cure?
Hi, I am suffering from soar throat, pain in body. Even my right eye is red. Taken paracetamol since Sunday. Fever is not there. But these symptoms are preventing me from doing regular work. Age 36.
I am suffering from pain from ear to throat from three days only on left side of my face please give me remedy?
I have two kids 6years and 4 year they wants to eat black and green grapes but I am afraid to give them please let me know which grapes are safe to them. I heard eating grapes in winter get throat infection.
Hello doctor. I want to ask about snoring problem. My husband is having snoring problem. What should I do? he takes some nasal drops sometimes. He's having running nose problem most of the time in morning and little overweight also. please advice.?
I have problem in throat,infections and dry cough and also having little headache and Weakness.please help
I am a breast feeding mother of 2 months baby. Since two days i am suffering from throat pain and tonsils. Please suggest some medicine ?
Mere ko subh uthne par nose mei resha aa jata hai saas bhi kinch kar aati hai doctors se consult kiya kehte hai aap ko ALLERGY hai. Tell me doctor what would I do.
Hi doctor, 1 year back, I had a little scratch through earbud on eardrum, which I did not have any infection, it is healed and no mark is there for that scratch. I have already taken tuning fork test two times to my ENT. I just want to confirm that is there any impact on hearing or it is as good as earlier. Do I need to worry?
What are the symptoms of thyroid gland Coz I roommate has a problem if throat, sometime she can't drink water also, but she always wants cold drinks and coldcoffee, I do not know exactly what she is suffering from thyroid or typhoid pls reply me soon.
Sir, I am having throat pain. It started since two days. What should I do. Waiting for your advice. 1.
Hello sir/ma'am. My self syed Fahad hashmi I have sinus problem. And half headache problem. My lips black.
Ear discharge is the phenomenon of fluids being expelled from the ear. This condition is also known as otorrhea.
The kinds of fluids that can be discharged from the ear range from blood to pus and other forms of bodily secretions. It is caused by a number of factors, which determine the exact nature of the condition and the diagnosis for treatment.
What are the causes of ear discharge?
Some forms of ear discharge are natural, such as ear wax which is produced by the body as a form of defense against external particles that may enter the ears. Other forms are unnatural and result from anomalies in the health system.
The causes of these include the following:
- Infections: This is the most common cause of ear discharge and occurs when bacteria and viruses infest the inside of the ear and lead to the secretion of fluids, which builds up in the middle ear or at the eardrum
- Swimmer’s Ear: This condition is also known as otitis externa and is caused by staying in water for prolonged periods. It results from excessive exposure to moisture that makes the walls of the ear canal to break down allowing bacteria and fungi to enter and infect the ear.
- Trauma: Excess pressure on the eardrum can cause it to rupture and discharge fluids. This happens due to a number of reasons such as exposure to loud explosive sounds or pressure from flying in aircrafts and scuba diving.
- Skull Injury: Damage to the bones behind the ear as a result of injury can also lead to ear discharge due to infection.
- Tonsillitis: Inflammation of tonsils may cause pain or a repeated infection in the ear leading to fluid discharge.
What are the symptoms associated with ear discharge?
Some of the symptoms of otorrhea are as follows:
- Abnormal and unusual secretion of fluids from the ear
- Swelling of the ear
- Partial or complete loss of hearing
- Pain and throbbing in the ear
- Accompanying signs such as fever and migraine
Diagnosis and treatment of the problem depend on the exact cause and nature of the condition, which also determines treatment and recovery time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.