Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. P.V.CherianYour feedback matters!
Sir I have a dowt about my eye problem. I got information about laser treatment sir is it's reliable.
Hi Everyday in morning time tears come from my eyes and itching is also other skin near the nose is becoming white.
I have a problem that I loss my eye sight in minus (-1.25). And another problem is that the eyes are remain hot when I m in outside. I feeling uncomfortable. I can't open my eyes properly in some time. Water is out from my eyes. I use also glasses. please tell me what eye drop I should use for cool down my eyes. And improve my vision.
I m having continuous headache and facing difficulties while watching something. I think it is due to my eye problem but I m not sure because when I expose to cold only then problem occur so plzz suggest me is it due to my eyes or cold.
Sir, I have to pass psycho test in loco pilot. So please suggest me some tips for my eyes to be good and healthy at the time of medical of loco pilot.
I WORK ON PC FOR LONG TIME (16+ HOURS), WHAT IS THE PROBABILITY OF BEING ATTACKED BY EYESIGHT PROBLEM & HOW TO FIX IT?
I am student university level have eye irritation and eye pain I don't see light such as laptops when I use laptops I don't seen well the sun my eyes are following water what is that problem? And what I can do?
Dear doctors I am having problem that my eyes are becoming yellow so what should I do for whitening.
Sir I am diabetic from 2 years. Using metformin 500 mg tab 1 per a day. My sugar levels fbs126 plbs 203. Hba1c8%.I have no symptoms. Is there any permanent cure for my diabetes. Advise me.
I have the eye problem when I watch TV or mobile more than 30 min then pain start in my eyes and things are not see clear after that for half day or more.
My right eye is -0.75& left is -0.50. I have a my glasses but when I put it down I can not see far its look like fog wht should I do??.
I have corneal problem.In summers my eyes becomes red and tears started flowing .My left eyes cornea is curved more than right. I had done surgery also of my left eye.
Mujhe weak eyesight ki problem hai koi 3 mahinu se aur mere lens ka no. Hai 0.5 and 0.2 kuch aisahe toh meri ankhien phir se pehle jaisi kaise hongi aur kiss cheez se.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.