Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P. Senthil NathanYour feedback matters!
I've red dot spots on the roof of the mouth and it is irritating with my throat, ears and inside the nose. Please suggest me a medicine.
Some women have dental problems such as gum disease and tooth decay, during pregnancy. The increase of hormones during pregnancy can affect the response of the body to plaque, which is the layer of germs on the teeth.
It is not true that the teeth are automatically damaged due to pregnancy. In case the calcium intake of the mother during pregnancy is not enough, the bones provide the growing baby with the calcium that it needs. When the breastfeeding is stopped, the calcium is replenished quickly. Nonetheless, the high demands of pregnancy can prompt specific dental issues in a few females. With professional help and appropriate cleanliness at home from your dental specialist, your teeth ought to stay healthy during pregnancy.
It is possible that a dental disease might affect a developing baby. Premature births have a risk of developing health problems such as cerebral palsy and issues with hearing and eyesight. Research has shown that around 20% of all premature births might be caused due to periodontal disease. It is an infection of the gums which is chronic in nature. The risk of premature birth can be reduced by providing the expectant mother with the required dental treatment.
Some of the common causes of dental problems which occur during pregnancy include:
1. Gum Problems: Women become vulnerable to gum problems due to hormones which are associated with pregnancy. These include gingivitis, pyogenic granuloma or pregnancy epulis and untreated or undiagnosed periodontal disease.
2. Vomiting: The ring of muscles which are used for keeping the food inside the stomach are softened due to vomiting. Vomiting or gastric reflux, which is associated with morning sickness, causes the teeth to be coated with strong acids.
3. Retching: Provocation of retching is caused in pregnant women while they brush their teeth, especially the molars. Not brushing the teeth regularly can cause tooth decay.
Things to remember:
- The demands of pregnancy can lead to particular dental problems in some women.
- You are less likely to have dental problems during pregnancy if you already have good oral hygiene habits.
- With proper dental hygiene at home and professional help from your dentist, your teeth should stay healthy during pregnancy.
Sir, I am 17 years old. I have a severe problem in my teeth that it's too much dirty and seems like rusted (as brown coating exists on it). Twice I have got my teeth cleaned by a dentist. Just after 2-3 months of cleaning, it again starts to have brown coating. Also some of my teeth are not so much tightly holded. I also have used toothpastes of good qualities and high ranges. But no relief. Please Sir, please guide me what should I do for it?
I am having teeth and gum problems last 1 yr now it's bleeding in my gums during brush and taking meals or fruits. What to do?
? problem hai. Dr. ko bhi dekhaya hai ulcer ki problem ho sakti hai last 8 month se medicine chal rahi hai. Jab tak medicine leti rathi hai dard nahi hota hai, khali pat bhi dard hota hai. Please tell me kya kare.
I am suffering from the dental problems since 2 weeks in my upper teeth there is swelling and when I use toothbrush. Some blood has been out.
My teeh are yellowish, why so, and in my lower jaw inner side get tartar like reddish deposition which were gets cleaned two times, I never use smoke or tabbacoo. Please suggest me.
Chewing a sugarless gum after your meal for around 20 minutes freshens your breath and also make the leftover food particles cling to it.