Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P.Senthil KumarYour feedback matters!
My child of 6 years is not putting on weight for the last 3 years or so. His appetite is ok but suffers from allergy and respiratory problems from time to time . He is active however but will like him to add some kilos .
My son is 14 months old. She is suffering form fever from 27.07. 2015 and the temperature not going down. Doctors has said that that is viral fever and given antibiotic and paracetamol. Temperature reaches 103-104 degree between 4 hours even given paracetamol Please help me Thanking you
My baby who is 3 months old keeps crying even when she is not hungry or for no reason. continuous crying for so long without any reason. Please suggest the possible reason and do we have any solution for the same. How long this crying activity last.
Health tips for kids that every mother should be aware of, to keep their children healthy:
You can't perform well when you don't feel good, true isn't. So the best way to improve child growth and performance is to make sure he/she follows healthy food habits at home. Make sure that your child eats plenty of salad and fruits along with regular meals.
In addition, right food combinations not only keep child healthy and active and also prevent many infections
It is really important to start the day with a healthy breakfast as after a night's sleep, our energy levels are really low. Breakfast refuels your body and gives you energy for the day. If our child had healthy breakfast in the morning, then he would feel energetic and will perform better in school.
Plenty of carbohydrates is just the ticket: try sandwich or bread, or corn flakes with milk or simply fruits.
Did you know that more than half of your weight is just water? so in order to be healthy, we need at least 7-8 glasses of liquid each day. So encourage your child to drink plenty of fluids. In addition, to water, you can give kids low-fat milk, buttermilk, fresh fruit juices and low-calorie beverages.
Our body needs around 40 different nutrients (such as vitamins and minerals) every day for good health. As there is no single food that contains them all, so it is important to balance our daily intake. The best way to stay healthy and get the right balance is to eat a wide variety of food each day.
A mother nowhere your responsibility becomes tougher, as you need to get more creative in cooking so that kids eat all varieties of food and have healthy snacks too.
Regular health check-ups of the child ensure child's well-being and also timely interventions can prevent a lot of health issues.
Make sure your child's immunisations are up to date. It is good that these days even schools are aware and they also ensure a child is immunised properly before giving admission.
Sleep is a vital need, as it promotes alertness, memory and performance. Children who get enough sleep are more likely to function better and are less prone to behavioural problems. A good night's sleep followed by food in the morning helps your child to stay active and concentrate better at school.
This generation is far more tech savvy than ours, nowadays even toddlers are well versed with mobile, tab functions. We can't completely keep them away from these gadgets.
But it is really necessary to cut back on their time for playing computer games and watching television before it takes a toll on their health.
Physical activity is really important part of child health tips. Encourage your child to get into some action each day like playing a sport or indulging in physical activity like running, swimming. For primary school children, 60 minutes of activity is recommended each day.
Hand-washing at regular intervals is one of the simplest and most effective ways to stay healthy. You can use hand sanitizers in case water is not available. School going kids can even keep sanitizers in their bag or desk. Teach your children to avoid sharing water bottles, food or other personal items, as these could be the source of infections in case other child is sick.
Also, ask your kids to cover mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing. Believe me, these general health tips for kids can avoid lot of infections and illness in children
Children learn a lot of things by imitating. Be it a toddler trying hands with father's shaving brush or a school going girl demanding for makeup kit since her mother uses that. Imitation and role modelling is quite common in childhood, so why not use it as a tool for introducing general health tips in children e. G- if you want your children to be more physically active then jump into action. You can play cricket, basketball with your kid. This technique will not only strengthen your bonding with the child but also child will develop tips for health easily.
Hi Doctor My son 1 yr 4 months old, he undergone for a surgery Coarctation of Aorta in his 3rd month. For a past 1 week he had a severe cough and cold, even we undergone for a medication, they prescribed Deriphyllin, Bromisal, Docser which is not responding for his cold & cough. Kindly pls tell me.
My son 5.5 yrs old. He sometimes having immense pain in his legs that he cant even walk properly. I am fearing by this. Please guide me anybody.
Dr. 2 month old baby was on similar for a month as mother did not produced sufficient milk and had flat nipple problem also, now for 2,3 days some blood in stool Dr. said to stop similar and dairy for mother also stopped, much worried, will this allergy for cow milk will be cured later?
Hi My daughter is 6 years & very thin & her weight is 16 kg. She is not taking food properly, and every time saying vomating tendency, although not doing that. But she is quite active & loves to play. Please suggest, have given gentle syrup gr deworming few days back.
My 2 and half year old boy child have black hair, but one white hair is found very recent. Is it normal? if not, then what is the probable reason? is this any symptom of any disease. Please advice.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.