Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P Sankar Srinivasan
Submit a review for Dr. P Sankar SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
My father is suffering from prostate cancer his age is 56 and psa is 5.7. Please give your suggestion which medicine is good for him.
Ovarian cancer occurs when there is a formation of tumor in the ovarian cells. This kind of cancer basically happens in the cells of the ovaries, which are responsible for the production of estrogen and progesterone the two female hormones. The ovaries themselves are the reproductive glands that produce and release eggs. When abnormal cells in these glands begin to grow and multiply, then a tumor begins to manifest, which leads to cancer. Let us find out more about ovarian cancer, including its early diagnosis.
Detecting Early Signs: The problem with this kind of cancer is that it produces vague symptoms in the beginning, which may be easy to dismiss. Yet, as per many medical reports, about 20% of the cases may be detected in the early stages, depending on the kind of cancer.
Symptoms and Early Signs: The earliest signs of this kind of cancer include bloating in the abdomen, as well as a feeling of excessive fullness after each and every meal. Many people tend to ignore such signs, but they must be reported to a doctor in case these signs are persistent and do not go away after a few days. Gradually, the patient will also show signs like lack of appetite and a failure to eat and retain food properly. An increase in the urge to urinate is also an early sign that must not be ignored.
Other Signs and Symptoms: As the cancer progresses, other signs and symptoms of the condition include indigestion, unexplained fatigue, Irregular menstrual cycles, pain during sexual intercourse and back pain as well as constipation. While these symptoms may occur due to a number of reasons, it is best to have the same checked by a doctor so that proper diagnosis may take place and cancer may be ruled out.
Diagnosis: For the earliest signs of the disease, the doctor will prescribe an ultrasound and an X-ray. These tests will help in creating an image of the internal organs that may have been affected. Also, CT and MRI scans will usually follow in such cases. Routine lab tests will also be conducted with the help of blood and urine samples.
Pap Smear: One of the best ways of early diagnosis is with the help of a regular Pap Smear test. This test is usually taken by extracting a sample from the vaginal area so that the doctor may study any growth or anomalies in the cervical and ovarian cells. One must have this test done on a regular basis after going through child birth and even after reaching one’s thirties, so that any change may be detected at the earliest. It is said that every woman must go through this test annually as a matter of priority. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I want to ask that is breast pressing very tightly and harshly for long time can cause any severe damage to breast? Or not;! Please tell! What r the risk it can cause! As during foreplay my bf presses my breast very tightly and harshly with both hands for long time. I am worry becoz I had listen that breast pressing can cause cancer and it can also damage my mammary glands and breast muscles please tell;! I had also listen that this tight and harshly pressing can damage veins and nerves also please tell! And please also tell some reason for your answer! So that I can be live without any fear! Please help I'm afraid! Please tell in details! Hope you will help! thanks!
Ayurveda is a form of medicine that has been practiced for thousands of years and has many effective cure for some of the most complex diseases. Cancer, in this day and age, is one such complex disease and its incidence is increasing rapidly. It is always recommended to consult a Ayurveda specialist for severe cancer. Some of the common ingredients for treatment of uterine cancer through Ayurveda are mentioned here.
- Turmeric: Already a staple spice in many Indian dishes, turmeric as a herb in raw form and as a spice in powdered form, is touted the new wonder herb all across the world. It has been used as a traditional healing herb in India since ages. It has also been seen to be a very effective anti-inflammatory agent and thus it is very effective in stopping the growth of cancer cells.
- Green tea from the Camellia Sinensis plant: Green tea has been known to be effective in treating multiple types of cancer, aid in weight loss and also facilitate detoxification. Regular consumption of green tea from the Camellia Sinensis plant is known to fight the growth of cancer cells within the body; thus is a very effective in treating uterine cancer as well.
- Ashwagandha: This herb is not only used in Ayurveda, but has also been adopted by homeopathy as conventional medicine to make extracts. Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, which means it can adapt to the requirements of the body and then make the changes to provide support to the necessary areas. It is also very good at preventing the growth of cancer cells.
- Garlic: This spice is known to be good for multiple forms of cancer as it contains allicin, which is being hailed as one of the best fighters of inflammatory diseases. It also contains other types of phytochemicals and thus helps in detoxifying the body. It is very effective in fighting cancer cells and can arrest the growth of cancer within the body.
- Ginger: Ginger is extremely effective in the treatment of many ailments, if consumed regularly in controlled amounts. It has been known to be very effective in the treatment of colon cancer. Due to its properties, it is also known to be effective in the prevention of uterine and many other forms of cancer.
Ayurveda, an enigmatic yet enthralling science offers numerous treatment methods for uterine cancer. Here are a few:
- Matra Basti: Matra Basti is a special treatment in traditional ayurveda for chronic constipation, low back pain, rheumatoid arthritis, obesity, and various neurological disorders like multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, dystrophy and atrophy of nerves and muscle. In this treatment, certain herbal oils and herbal extracts are applied through the rectum on a daily basis. Matra Vasti has a lubricating, balancing, nourishing, strengthening and pacifying effect. It also works as rejuvenator, immune-modulator and nutrient and subdues elevated vata dosha. The treatment lasts for a period of 3 to 7 days.
- Pichu Dharanam for Soothing at Advance Stages of Uterine Cancer: It is a special treatment modality in Ayurveda where sterile medicated cotton swab is kept inside the vagina for a specific period of time. This comes under local treatment modalities specific to gynaecological diseases in females and is also done in ante natal care. Pichu means “cotton ball”. Yoni pichu is the application of a sterile cotton swab soaked in medicated oil or ghee in the vagina.
- Abhyanham: Abhyanga is a form of Ayurvedic medicine that involves massage of the body with large amounts of warm oil. It’s a complete body massage and really effective. The Abhyangam massage therapy is very beneficial and prevents degeneration and ceases the aging process. This therapy needs more positions to massage and comparing to other massage therapy, Abhyangam is very special. It usually involves oils prepared with specialized Ayurvedic herbs and essential oils for lymph drainage, detox, and relaxation. It has seven positions and it treats the whole body. It assures new healthy physical changes.
- Nasyam: Nasyam or errhine therapy is an Ayurvedic treatment excellent remedy for chronic sinusuitis, headache, throat diseases, epilepsy, catarrh, migraine, voice constraint, eye diseases and cervical spondylitis. In Ayurveda, the application of medical oils or powders through the nostrils is called Nasya. It is said in classical texts that the nostrils are the doorway to the brain. Nasya is an important method of treatment for illnesses of the cranial region. Nasya treatment - the forehead and neck regions of the patient are gently massaged with a suitable oil to induce sweating. Thereafter the patient is made to lie down on his back with his head bent slightly back. Warm oil is then dripped into both nostrils which the patient draws in.
Detected liver cancer and rectum cancer 2 months back, we are not interested in radio therapy, what time is she having left?
My nipples are paining since last 4-5 days. What might be the reason? Is this a sign of breast cancer? Or some hormonal imbalance?
If you are undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer treatment, it is likely for you to experience and feel its ill effects on your body. Chemotherapy refers to the use of several medicines and drugs which are used in cancer treatment. Although chemotherapy is considered to be effective for improving cancer, it is associated with fatal side effects on the body. There are certain practices to follow in order to get through and survive chemotherapy, thereby inflicting less harm to your body. They are as follows:
Drink fluids: You need to drink large amounts of fluids at a rate which you think is beyond your body’s capacity. This helps in flushing out toxins from your system quickly, which will make you feel better. If you have a hard time drinking water, you should opt for fluids such as popsicles, broth, fruit juice and ginger ale.
Consume bland food: During chemotherapy, your craving for food and your appetite reduces. However, you can make a difference by eating. You should try eating bland and mushy food items, such as pudding, oatmeal, white potatoes, white bread and yoghurt. Do not eat fruits for the first few days after chemotherapy.
Find an outlet for your pain: You should find out vents or outlets for the pain and misery you are going through. Some people like to write about their emotions and feelings in the form of online blogs. By doing so, they get to share their feelings with other people online, which is a good form of support.
Dress comfortably: It is sometimes difficult for you to accept that you are a patient. You may want to avoid looking like a sick patient and want to get dressed up. However, this is kind of ridiculous and you should try to dress comfortably instead of trying to cover up your condition. Bring a blanket to the chemotherapy room and wear socks.
Exercise: Although you will not feel like working out and straining yourself because of weakness, exercise is very important for you. It helps in making you feel better as your blood circulation gets regulated properly, which results in the faster elimination of toxins from the body. You should try yoga or at least walk for 30 minutes regularly.
It is also very important for you to take your medicines properly. This will help you get back your strength and energy. You should be gentle with yourself and believe that you will be able to survive what you are going through. Give your body the time to heal.