Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. P Sankar SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from breast pain from last two weeks. But my heart and lungs are fine as per my test results. What should I do regarding it.
Did a master health check. Ultrasound report says 'Bulky uterine cervix' The pap smear test says 'Atypical Squamous cells of undetermined significance with inflammation. Repeat after controlling inflation Microscopy: Satisfactory for evaluation Transformation zone is absent, inflammation is intense, no organism/ reactive changes, Atrophy present, few cells with mild nuclear enlargement seen. What do these results mean? Does it indicate cervical cancer? What next?
Sir what are the symptoms of mouth cancer. I smoke hukka Thrice a week. And I have got sore mouth. Is this a symptom of cancer?
A breast lump is an enlargement, swell, protuberance or a bump that is different than the breast tissue surrounding it. Breast lumps can appear in men as well as women and they can be benign or malignant. Causes of benign breast lumps are as follows:
- Fibroadenosis: Also known as Fibro-cystic breast disease, it is a benign condition that affects the breast. It may affect either of the breasts or both. One of the major symptoms of Fibroadenosis is a breast lump. Usually, the lumpiness disappears after the menstrual cycle is over. Fibroadenosis occurs because the breast tissue doesn’t respond well to the hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Fibroadenomas: Fibroadenomas occur because of abnormal response to the hormone oestrogen. The lumps are usually well formed and round, around the milk ducts of the breast. Breast lumps due to Fibroadenomas are called breast mice, because they move around the breast. In some cases, they disappear and in some, they tend enlarge during pregnancy.
Other benign causes of breast lumps are breast abscesses, breast cysts, lipoma (lump of fat), mastitis (infection in the breast tissues), fat necrosis (another name for breast lumps) and intraductal papilloma (benign tumour of the milk ducts in the breast). A breast lump that is firm, well defined and doesn’t move around, i.e. it doesn’t disappear after your period or pregnancy, may be a result of breast cancer.
Treatment of breast lumps
The treatment of a breast lump depends on its cause. Benign breast lumps usually disappear over time. Otherwise following treatments can be considered as per the doctor’s discretion-
- Medication: If the breast lumps are painful or increase over time, it is advisable to take medication.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and other painkillers like paracetamol
- Danazol, Tamoxifen or Bromocriptine are administered to treat breast pain as well
- Antibiotics which are administered to cure breast abscesses that are caused due bacterial infections
- Limiting the amount of fat in the diet or wearing well fitting bras also reduces the amount of pain due to breast lumps.
- Certain types of breast lumps are filled with fluid or pus. This fluid can be drained through a procedure called aspiration or drainage.
- A radical way to treat a breast lump is surgery. Many a times, these lumps get bigger and painful and the most effective way to deal with it is to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
What is the symptoms of cancer and hepatitis b. What medicine should be take for that disease. Please help me.
I am 23 yrs old male and ihave lump under my niples for last 2 yrs, its painfull and looking very awkward, what should I do? help please.
My nipples are paining from last 2days very badly. My boyfriend bit it and pulled it. Its was my first experience. Now its paining. I can't even wear my dress. When I move it pains. What should I do to reduce this pain? Please suggest.
I am 64 years old man. I have undergone cabg in 2012. Now my tsh level is 6.5. Earlier 6 months back it was 14. I have been taking tablet thyronorm 25 mcg since last 6 months. My weight is 58 kg. Taking following medicines: nebicard 2.5 1-0-0. Ecosprin75mg 0-1-0. Stiloz50mg. 1-0-1. Crevast 5mg 0-0-1 and also taking flodart plus for B.P.H. (middle lobe enlargement) psa less than 2. Please give your free medical advice on this medication.
I am 30 yrs old female having 7 yrs old one daughter. I have small small painful cyst in my left breast .Is it cancer?
Oral cancer is the uncontrollable growth of cells called tumors that invade and damage the tissues surrounding it is in or around the mouth. Oral cancer, like all other types of cancer, is life threatening if not diagnosed and treated in the early stages. There are eight types of oral cancer namely cancer in the throat, sinuses, hard and soft palate, floor of the mouth, gums, cheeks, tongue and lips. Dentists are usually the first ones to notice and detect the signs and symptoms of oral cancer. This condition is also known as oral cavity cancer. The risk factors and symptoms of oral cancer are mentioned below.
The symptoms of oral cancer, especially in the first stages, seem non-threatening and similar to common oral problems. However, visiting the doctor is mandatory to rule out cancer as an option. If you suffer from one or more of the following symptoms, visit your dentist immediately.
- Thickenings and swellings, lumps or bumps, crusts, eroded areas or rough spots on the lips, gums or surrounding regions inside or around the mouth.
- Bleeding in the mouth that is unexplainable.
- Persistent sores near and around the mouth or throat that bleed easily and may take more than two weeks to heal.
- Unexplained numbness or pain and tenderness in the mouth, throat or face.
- Development of patches, which are usually speckled, red or white in the mouth.
- Sudden weight loss.
- Excruciating pain in your ear.
- Loose teeth.
- Difficulty in swallowing.
- Lumps in your neck.
- Stiffness or pain in your jaw.
- Pain in your tongue.
- Dentures that fit poorly.
Men above 50 years of age face the greatest risk of developing oral cancer. Women are at a much lower risk of developing oral cancer than men. The following factors increase your risk of developing oral cancer:
- Smoking cigarettes, cigars or pipes
- Snuff, dips or chewing tobacco
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- History of oral or other types of cancer in the family
- Chronic sun exposure, especially facial exposure
- Sexually transmitted virus such as HPV
- Diagnosed of oral cancer previously.
From the last day I am having complete loose motion with a little pain in various parts of my abdomen. It is showing no sign of stopping. Nearly its been 8-10 times from the last day. I have shown to a local MBBS doctor. He prescribed tablet named'Brakke' and a anti acidity capsule but they aren't working its nearly 24hours and it showing no sign of stopping. Please guide am getting nervous because my mom had a same condition which came to be discovered as liver cancer later.
In this article you will get to know how Dr. R k aggarwal lets us to know how we can examine our health and also by doing that know the real reason behind many diseases.
Dr R. K. Aggarwal says we should treat our self as human not a machine. For example if we have problem in a part of body we should not cut it out but treat it; all these things we do with our body is not good for our health and body.
One further step in good home oral care is regular self -examination for oral cancer. We have already mentioned that any sore that has been in the mouth for more than a week should be brought to a dentists attention at once. The chances are good that it will prove not to be malignant, but we are better able than ever to diagnose and treat precancerous conditions, and early detection is of the greatest importance.
You can play a major part in preventing oral cancer or catching it while it can be readily treated and cured if you take the time to examine the mouth regularly for any signs of disease.
Now all scientists and doctors know and suggest not following allopath. A revolution is happening but for that to reach us could take 30-50 years; which I am helping in getting people knowing that and treat themselves with various diseases.
First we should know the reason of the disease not go for the operation treatment. It never helps it comes out any way or another.
Dr. R K Aggarwal says we are here to help you get rid of dependence of yours on allopath medicines.
Watch the below video – Dr. R k aggarwal
The reason behind any disease is when bacteria, germs, tocsins and viruses collect in our body it causes diseases. This video also features some talk about tumour, fibroid, tumour cyst, ulcerative colitis and many other problems of our body.
Watch the video for further information about various diseases that are caused because of bacteria, germs, tocsins and viruses also how to treat it through bowel cleanse.
Ssohm want people to understand that it’s never too late start cleansing your body which not only cure diseases like tumor, fibroid, tumor cyst, ulcerative colitis but also rescue your life from various other harmful and dangerous diseases forever.