Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P.P.Kannan
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P.P.KannanYour feedback matters!
I lost someone very special last year. Since that day I felt very depression. I felt very ill and headache. I think I have to di something. Can.
Fear is a very crippling feeling , which you might have to go through at various situations of life. You might be scared of heights, darkness, and public speaking, even scared of being lonely. Fear is very difficult to overcome as it can debilitate you and render you useless. Even if you cannot be superhuman, you can at least aim to be someone who can confront his/her fear and render the fear useless. Here are a few tips on how you can confront your fear:
- Breathe: Breathing slowly and deeply actually helps. It calms your nerves and relaxes you. Short and shallow breaths can trigger panic and fear. If you breathe out longer than the time you take to breathe in, your body relaxes immediately. Try it; it actually works the best. Whenever you feel that you are panicking or that you are feeling afraid, take deep breaths. Concentrate on your breathing. Count till 7 when you breathe in and till 11 when you breathe out. You will be surprised to find out how quickly you have calmed down.
- Identify the fear: This is a very important step as you need to figure out why you are scared or afraid. There has to be a specific reason behind every single fear that you have. Try to identify that reason. Delve deep into your memory and try figuring out what exactly evoked the fear. Once you know the reason, you will be able to understand the base of your fear, and you will find it easier to overcome.
- Get ready to be peaceful: If you start feeling anxious, nervous or afraid, breathe in and out. Then think of how you will get positive outcomes from the particular act you are being anxious about. If you have to go into a dark room to get something and you are afraid of darkness, just think how you will be able to get what you desire if only you step into the darkness for a fraction of second. This will help build your confidence and will slowly get you accustomed to moving on with your fear.
- Control what you imagine: If you are afraid of something, whether tangible or not, your imaginations about it will run wild. You might start imagining stuff which are not even real or which might just ingrain your mind and establish the fear on solid ground. Hence it is high time you need to control your imagination. Imagination is a very unique gift if you want to create something beautiful, which will help encourage you. But if you start imagining how a spider will just grow in size and number, and will fly towards you, then you have to put a lid on it.
Being afraid is common. Even the bravest people are afraid. Don't be embarrassed about that. Just face it and try to let go of it.
Hi Sir, I have smoking in 6 years how to stop this habit. I have already take psychiatric medicine using in quetiapine 275 mg using depression problems and anxiety. How to reduced this smoking problems.
I am disturbed for silly regions and get anger. I feels moody long time. Whether I am in depression? I dont know and I want to change my behaviour.
I am a 60 years old. I am a tax consultant and I have to sit on chair almost 16 hours daily and work on computer. My leg, knee, ankles. Wrist and palm have started to suffer from pain. What should I do?
Hi I am always fearing about if a small sound comes from my neighbors and my Bp raises am I suffering from depression?
Parkinson’s disease adversely affects the way you move, as it is a neurodegenerative disorder. This happens when there are problems with certain nerve cells in the brain. These nerve cells produce an important chemical called Dopamine, which in turn sends signals to the region of our brain that takes care of the movement. This chemical help muscles to function smoothly and allow in carrying out one’s daily activities. When somebody is suffering from Parkinson’s disease, the nerve cells break down, thus hampering movements of limbs.
What Causes This Disease?
Over the years, a lot of research has taken place to find out the exact reasons due to which people get affected by Parkinson’s disease but till now neither scientists nor doctors have been able to come up with any solution. They are thinking on the lines of aging or hAarmful chemicals in the environment, to be possible causes for this neurological problem. Sometimes researchers even feel that this could be a hereditary problem but there is no concrete evidence to substantiate this statement.
Symptoms Of Parkinson’s
As discussed earlier, Parkinson’s occur in aged individuals, when nerve cells break down, when the chemical called Dopamine is no longer able to send signals to the brain. You can easily recognize Parkinson’s disease in any of your family members, if you come across certain symptoms, which are generally four of them:
- Trembling or shaking of limbs and these tremors can affect different body parts like, hands, arms and legs.
- Muscles become stiff, due to which it becomes tough for the affected individuals to move their limbs freely.
- Due to stiffness of muscles, movement becomes slow and thus each and every activity of theirs takes much more time than usual.
- People are unable to keep their balance and walk freely without any hindrance.
- Generally, tremor is the first thing you would notice in a person and thus instantly get to know that the person might be suffering from Parkinson’s.
- Problems of constipation or facing difficult in swallowing tend to happen as the disease goes on to affect all the muscles in one’s body.
- During the latter stages, someone who has Parkinson’s, might well have a blank expression to the face with problems being faced while trying to speak and other related issues. The symptoms of this disease usually start for people aged between 50 and 60 but at times, it can even crop up at an earlier stage.
Preventive Measures And Treatment
Let’s take a look at how you can prevent yourself from getting crippled by Parkinson’s Disease.
Unfortunately, as the disease is mostly age related, so after attaining the age of 60, if not from 50, there would be very few individuals who would not be the victims of Parkinson’s.
Research has revealed that having less of dairy and red meat and consuming more of fruits, vegetables and high-fibre foods, thus maintaining a healthy diet, can protect people from the dreaded disease. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!