Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. P MuthuswamyYour feedback matters!
I am getting nervous when I stand In front of stage and say something my heart beat increase. What should I do?
M having a minor pain in my chest. Same time suffering from typhoid. Stomach pain too. Cough nd cold. Left shoulder pain. Back pain. Joint pain too.
My b.p is moderately high. How to control my b.p & comeback in normal condition. please sir/ma'am give me some valuable advice.
In my backside near to ribs I am having small round node type and having pain when touched in that particular area and this is there from past 3 years, please suggest either I need to go for operation.
Sir my cholesterol is 179 and Ldl is 130 Hdl is 52 vldl is 15 triglycerides is 79 can I eat cow ,s ghee I am go for running 2.4 km and doing gym also .My weight is 54 kg height is 169 cm age 25.
My father 63 years of age has CAD heart problem (have high B.P and diabetes also) .He is under medication now. Please provide some ayurvedic medication to take so that blockage not increase.
I am 20 year old male and I am suffering from hypertension since last two years so tell me what should I do.
I am a pure vegetarian. My age is 30 yr and my weight is 82 kg. As per my lipid profile my ldl cholesterol level is low, just 58. Hdl 48, triglyceride 160 and total cholesterol 126. What should I do for increase my ldl cholesterol level.
The heart is one part of your body that pumps blood relentlessly; to be grateful to the most important organ, it’s your duty to look after its health. Cardiovascular diseases and heart ailments can be prevented by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Here are a few tips to keep your heart healthy:
- Add fiber to your diet: Making fiber a part of your regular diet is a great idea as the heart works best when it runs on natural fuel. You can achieve this by adding more raw fruits and vegetables in your meals as they are an excellent source of fiber and nutrients.
- Engage in physical activity: Your heart is a muscle and to make it healthier, you need some form of physical exercise. Engaging in cardiovascular forms of exercise for an hour daily keeps your heart in good condition. Engaging in physical activity also reduces the risk of getting a heart disease and acts as a stress buster.
- Cut down on the salt intake: The sodium content in salt disrupts the balance of fluids in your body leading to high blood pressure. This can affect the functioning of the heart; that is to pump blood, which is a major cause of a heart attack. So, cutting down on salt can reduce stress and the risks of heart attacks.
- Manage your weight: People on the overweight side run a risk of getting heart diseases more often than fit and leaner ones as they tend to be more inactive and sluggish. The heart diseases caused due to obesity can be avoided by making minor changes to your diet and exercising on a daily basis.
- Quit smoking: If you are a regular smoker, quitting is the best thing you can do for your heart. The main reason for coronary heart diseases is nicotine present in the cigarette. Once, you quit smoking completely, you will be 50% less likely to run the risks of a heart attack as compared to a regular smoker. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.