Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P M Gopinath
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P M GopinathYour feedback matters!
My mother is of age 35 and she is suffering from diabetes she is avoiding all the things that contain sugar but still her sugar level is high she has become very weak. Please help me.
What are the symptom of blood sugar .if a person think continuously about blood sugar in his mind then is he will have blood sugar pls reply dear sir.
I am diabetic and well under control. Starving/empty stomach is 95. What should be the post lunch glucose level.
Good Day Doctor, My TSH report showing Thyroid 9.3. As per General Medicine doctor I took the sample for T3 & T4. But if I need to start thyroid medicine. I am looking Homeopathy. In your opinion which is more effective for thyroid? My Question is Allopathy or Homeopathy which is better solve this issue fastly?
I have hypothyroidism, will I be able to lose weight. And is herbal life products good for weight loss?
I want to ask about diabetes what is the cause of diabetes what is the symptoms of diabetes. How many types of diabetes are there. Are they very harmful.
Hi Dr. I am 37 and diabetic type 2 from past 3 years. I am taking allopathy and ayurvedic both medicine, sometimes it is under control but most of the times sugar level goes high like 250-350. If I am not taking breakfast on time than it goes very low like 62-70. What is the reason it fluctuates high & low very oftentimes. I am feeling very low & tired all the time without doing any work. Kindly suggest.
My wife age is 51 & she is diabetic patient .& Her height is 4'8.At this age how much she should have been weight?
Insulin is critical for the overall functioning of the body, specifically when you are insulin resistant, and the body is compelled to store the food consumed as fat. Insulin resistance also leads to inflammation in the body leading to a host of health issues that anyone would not be prepared to deal with. Therefore, always look for means to improve insulin.
Here are some of these practical ways to accomplish it.
- Strength training and other non-aerobic activities: Exercise is the best way to improve insulin sensitivity since your cells and muscles are desperate for fuels during as well as after completion of the workout. Researchers are of the opinion that all sorts of physical activity are helpful but non-aerobic exercises can have the best impact on insulin health.
- Cook to increase resistant starch: Whenever you eat anything with high carbohydrate, it will readily increase your blood sugar levels. Carbohydrates rich in resistant starch fail to respond to the normal enzymes in the stomach which can help with improving insulin sensitivity.
- Avoid liquid fructose: Liquid fructose leads to fat gain around the abdomen and is connected to belly fat gain when taken in large quantities. Along with eradicating all the fructose containing beverages, you should also eliminate highly processed foods.
- Make sure you get enough magnesium: Magnesium is a mineral required for improving insulin sensitivity since it functions as natural insulin sensitizer which can exert positive effects on the insulin receptors in every cell of the body.
- Balance the healthy fatty acids: You should avoid trans-fatty acids since they can lead to plaque formation. Moreover, you must reduce the intake of processed oils and get more Omega fatty acids.
- Make healthy choices: Foods which can help in improving the body’s ability to store the carbs as muscle glycogen should be taken more often. These include green tea, vinegar, nuts and all sorts of herbs and spices.
- Include foods that can reduce the glycemic levels: This means that you should choose whole foods rather than refined foods since they can help in slow surging of the blood sugar intake. This gives the body a chance to regulate the insulin efficiently instead raising the blood sugar levels.
- Indulge in endurance exercises: If you prefer endurance training, it can have a good effect on your insulin sensitivity. Endurance training can improve insulin sensitivity which decreases the requirement of insulin for clearing a considerable amount of glucose from the bloodstream.
Insulin is a vital hormone which can control your blood sugar levels. It secreted by the pancreas and help in removing the sugar in the blood. With these 8 simple lifestyle and dietary changes, you can improve the insulin utilization in your body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.