Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P.Lakshmi DeviYour feedback matters!
My girlfriend is 22 years old and she's not in her menstruation cycle from last 4 months. And she is fat also. She just tell me about all this. Please help me out for the same. Thank-you.
Hi am 35th weeks pregnant now. I went check up after 13 days. But my weight didn't increase it show same weight. I worried that my baby weight didn't increase properly. I wanna to know weather my baby weight increased or not?
I had protected sex 3 times last month I had my last periods on 6th july bt still I am not getting periods Is there chances of pregnancy plzz some one tell I am really worried.
Dear Sir, I am a 65 year old lady and suffering from osteoporosis and I had undergone Kyphoplasty Surgery where cement was injected into my back bone. I could not get up on my own. I was shouting in pain due to the problem and its slightly more than a year after the surgery and I am able to perform all activities except sitting down on the floor. I am using a chair to sit upon to pass my motion. I am used to sit in the Indian style latrine for motion and now sitting in the stool to pass motion is not making me comfortable to pass motion. I am unable to pass motion without allopathic laxative I am using allopathic laxative for the past 10 months to pass motion. The Laxative that I am using currently is GUDLAX-PLUS (Liquid paraffin, milk of magnesia, sodium picosulphate suspension) manufactured by Mankind pharma ltd. I am also taking pain killers and other allopathic medicines for my osteoporosis issue. I am afraid that the allopathic laxative will be harmful in the long run if I continue taking them. Kindly suggest me a ayurvedic laxative where by I will be able to pass motion sitting on the stool. I also have the issue of acidity, heartburn, gas formation. I am taking medicine for hypertension, high blood pressure. Also I cannot sit down on the floor, can you suggest some method by which I will be able to sit on the floor and get up on my own. Also my knee joint has become kind of stiff due to not folding and sitting for a long time after my surgery. Your suggestion for the same will be appreciated. Awaiting your reply, Regards,
Hi my name is vishaka. I'm by 8 months pregnant and from the 4th months onwards my limbs and hills had been started paining. Taken the painkiller also but not effective.
Sir am 24 years old, married women. Yesterday during sexual intercourse with my husband, I got pain in my vagina and suddenly blood came from vagina. From that time till now am getting abdominal pain and lightly bleeding, why it happen like this am scared abt this, can you suggest any medication, sir or madam please ans for my question? i am ful scared about this please
My 3 months old baby only feeds from my left breast from past one week though I use to breast feed her from both side. Don't know what may be the reason for it. My one side breast gets engorged but she refuses to drink. And when I am empty she cries and finally I have to end up giving her formula. Please any lactation consultant help me with techniques to feed her hassle free.
If I took 3 time unwanted 72 in a month,[ I want to inform you I had take 3 time more unwanted 72 from last 4 months ] due to reason of unfortunately done unprotected sex Then its harm full for future pregnancy or my health or both not Please help me Is it right or wrong? I'm too worried about all the things.
Am 42 year old female with bipolar disorder and under going treatment for that. As of now my craving for sweet has increased tremendously and eating disorder also can be noticed. My body weight has always been towards the heavier side but recently it has increased and irregular periods also have started. What can the doctor suggest?
Bleeding during twin pregnancy in 18 th week in regular basis but small in quantity, 4-5 times/day, what is the remedy?
Gonorrhea is a bacterial disease that is transmitted through intimate contact. If not treated on time, gonorrhea can become serious. Every year millions of people get affected with this disease across the globe.The area of infection predominantly involves the anus, vagina, penis and urethra.
Symptoms of gonorrhea
Gonorrhea often shows no symptoms. It is found that only two out of ten women show signs of gonorrhea and one out of ten men show signs of gonorrhea. This disease can take as long as 14 days to show any signs of its existence. Some common signs in women include menstrual irregularities, throwing up, abdominal pain, painful intercourse, swelling of the vulva, frequent urination and yellowish vaginal discharge. Some common signs among men include burning sensation while urinatingand discharge of pus during urination. Some common symptoms include itching of the anus, throat selling, oral infection and painful bowel movements.
- Complications in pregnancy: Apart from premature labour and stillbirth, gonorrhea can get passed on to the fetus as well. Some other symptoms include eye infection and joint and blood infection. If the fetus gets an eye infection, antibiotics drop is prescribed by the Doctor.
- Infertility: If gonorrhea is not treated for a long time, it can lead to infertility. Women might find infections in regions such as the uterus, fallopian tube and ovaries. Men might find infection in their testicles, urethra, etc. It can lead to a condition known as the epididymitis. If this condition is not treated, men can become permanently infertile.
- Arthritis: Arthritis can lead to a condition known as the disseminated gonococcal infection (DGI). This is a condition, which leads to arthritis or soring of skin. Women are more prone to developing this condition than men. Some common symptoms include fever, joint pain and fever. If DGI is not treated on time, it can lead to permanent damage of joints.
How is gonorrhea treated?
Gonorrhea is easily treatable and medication involves antibiotics along with other drugs. In case a pregnant woman gets diagnosed with gonorrhea, antibiotics are not prescribed. It is strictly advised not to involve in any sexual activities while the treatment is underway. Some of the common precautions that should be taken while undergoing treatment involves the following:
- Taking the medication on time. At times, symptoms go away, but completing the full medication course as prescribed by the doctor is required in order to completely get rid of the bacteria.
- Gonorrhea medicines should not be shared with anyone
- Consulting the doctor every three months to ensure that the disease is fully cured
- To make sure that your partner gets treated along with you in order to mitigate the risk of recurrence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Currently I am workings and have to focus on my diet too how to manage my diet schedule to stay healthy?
I suffer from Periods problem in 23 days my periods are coming every month it is a serious problem or not and please tell the reasons and solutions of my problem.
Weight /10 - 2 = quantity of water required in 24 hours
Eg. Weight is 70 kg
70/10 = 7 - 2 =5
-> 5 liter water in 24 hours (in a day) should be must to stay healthy
We have ultrasound on 5 March 2016. There is some numbers like BPD 46.6 mm HC 180 mm FL 30.7 CD 20.8. Sir inke according GA 19 weeks 6 days calculate hui hai jabki LMP ke according abhi 19 weeks 4 days hi hote hai. Sir I have two questions first is kya GA weeks Lmp se jyada ho skte hai? Second kind is it normal?
Plz give a advice ,my mother had underwent surgery of endoscopic discetomy before 20 days ,crp levels are 49 mg , is there any risk ,please say.
2) हरी पत्ति यां और साग:- गाढ़ी हरी पत्तियों जैसे पालक और ब्रोकली में पर्याप्त मात्रा में फाइबर मौजूद होता है. जोकि वजन घटाने में काफी मददगार होता है.
3) ग्रीन टी:- ग्रीन टी में catechin नाम का एक सक्रिय तत्व पाया जाता है. साथ ही इसमें मौजूद कैफीन की मात्रा भी मेटाबॉलिज्म को सक्रिय बनाए रखने में मददगार होती है.
4) नारियल :- नारियल में मिडियम-चेन फैटी एसिड्स पाए जाते हैं जो शरीर में स्टोर नहीं होते हैं और बहुत जल्दी टूटकर शरीर को ऊर्जा देने का काम करते हैं