Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P.Lakshmi DeviYour feedback matters!
I am miscarriage 2 month baby now I try but I not going to conceive so it can be blockage blockage problem please tell me all that related to this.
I am an adult of 34 age(m). My child is having chicken pox. Some one suggested to take acyclovir -400 DT tablets 1 tablet per day for five days is it ok? Are there side effects because of this tablets. And this dosage is ok or I should take it more per day?
Tips to get over tough times
Tough times are a part of our life, sometimes we are unable to handle it leading to us becoming slaves to a lot of negativity. There are a few things you can try to help tide over it.
* Firstly stop being in denial – accept the situation stop getting angry and bargaining for something better, accept and tell yourself “i want to face this ”and “i will do my best to deal with this”.
* What next? - calm down, think through and try to figure out what to do next? Start working on a solution for the issue rather than just focusing on the issue.
* Solution may not come to you immediately but at least start working towards it one step at a time.
* To find solutions we should put ourselves in a third person perspective. Finding solutions is a lot easier this way. Remember that every problem has a solution.
* Get help - do not shove away family, friends or any loved ones who are trying to help you. Seeking help does not make you weak. Try and discuss the issue with them to get an outsiders perspective. Since they are not a part of the problem they will be able to have 360 view of the issue and they may be able to help you better.
* Positivity is important - it may seem like a difficult task but try to focus on the positive things happening in your life. Try to surround yourself with positive people, and people who see the good in you.
* Don’t give up – never give way for negativity to seep into your life. Stop yourself from focusing on negative thoughts and emotions.
• Drugs/ alcohol - never look at drugs, alcohol, smoking or abuse of any kind as a solution for your problem, it only gives you a perception that things are fine, but the truth is, it only increases your problem.
* No blame game - do not blame yourself or others for the problem. Blaming will not solve your situation.
* Stay healthy- do not neglect your health. You need to be there for yourself too.
Finally remember this too shall pass.
Hi I had unsafe sex with my husband before one month and I have been miss my periods I am worried about this plss give me some suggestion.
The sciatic nerve is one of the largest nerves in the body. It goes from the lower back all the way down to the base of the leg. When there is a disorder associated with the sciatic nerve, it is known as Sciatica.
Sciatica, however, does not necessarily need a surgery or a very elaborate procedure to fix the problem. Most commonly, it is treated simply by practicing a number of simple exercises. Here are some of the most common exercises prescribed to treat Sciatica:
- Reclining Pigeon Pose: There are three main forms of the pigeon pose. These are sitting, reclining and then forwarding. It is recommended that if you have very recently started your treatment for Sciatica, then certainly you should go for the reclining pose. In this pose, you are supposed to hold your left leg in the air at a right angle to your back. Then, hold your ankle against the knee. Finally, repeat this stretch with the right leg as well.
- Knee to Opposite Shoulder: In this stretch, the starting position is on your back side. You have to have your legs out and feet upwards. From this position, try to bring your right leg towards your left shoulder. Hold this for 30 seconds and then release and relax. Repeat this activity three times and repeat the whole procedure with your other leg. Only take your leg as far as it goes.
- Sitting Spinal Stretch: At the start of this exercise, sit on the ground with your legs going straight outwards and your feet flexed in the upward direction. Pull your left knee and put it on the outside of your right knee. Finally, place your right elbow on the left knee, so that your body turns to the left. Hold for 30 seconds and then relax. Repeat the procedure with the other knee.
- Standing Hamstring Stretch: Put your foot on an elevated surface such that it is above the floor, but not above hip level. Flex your toes forward such that your feet and legs are nearly in a straight line. Bend as far towards the foot as possible. However, do not stretch so far that you feel pain. Finally, repeat this procedure on the other side after release.
Related Tip: "Non-Surgical Treatment For Sciatica"
I had sex with my boyfriend and he word 2 condoms but it's not leaked even though i'm getting very scare of pregnancy and next day morning when I go to toilet 6 to 7 drops were bleeding i'm getting very scare please suggest me.
Hi doctor, I had sex for 5 min with my partner using Condom on 6 oct and my periods date is 13 but it got delayed by a week and last for two days. I am having a mild pain in lower left side abdominal so I did pregnancy test yesterday but it showed negative, do there is chance of getting pregnant.
- Life is a journey in between so many gets in and gets off in various stages of our life.
- But the fact is at the end we may have to depart alone.
- Meantime our karma too plays a prominent role in shaping the beauty of the life.
- So kindly not harm or hurt anyone either physically mentally or any means of any creatures in this world.
- As purely not the quantity of days speaks with individual, it is the quality of one's own attitude and conduct decides his destiny and to their generations ofcourse.
What my issue is I am 25 and my girlfriend is 31 years we were used to do sex daily 3 to 4 times is there any problem if we do like that.
While urinating, I am feeling burning sensation in vagina. The burning stays for around 5 minutes after urinating. This has started after 2-3 days of my periods. There is no other issues like irritation or foul smell in my part. But only this burning thing is very painful. In past some days I have been traveling and using some different washrooms. During that time also I faced this problem. After that it was fine. Now again after my periods I facing this. Also I am using V-wash to clean my area. Can you please suggest me what all precautions I need to take.
As your pregnancy progresses, changing positions may become necessary for your comfort. After the fourth month of pregnancy a woman may notice feeling dizzy or nauseated while lying flat on her back. This is related to the weight of the growing uterus pressing on major blood vessels. Positions may need to be altered at this time.
A water-based lubricant may be used during intercourse if necessary.
During intercourse, you should not feel pain. During orgasm, your uterus will contract. If you have any contractions that are painful or regular, contact your doctor. Also, discontinue intercourse and call your doctor immediately if you have heavy vaginal bleeding (light spotting is normal) or if your water breaks (nothing should enter the vagina after your water breaks).
Talking to your partner about how you are feeling about sex and any concerns you have will help you stay comfortable. Also, encourage your partner to communicate with you, especially if you notice changes in your partner's responsiveness. Communicating can help you both better understand your feelings and desires.
I had unprotected sex with my bf on 15 jan I take pill after that immediately n I had bleeding on 21 of jan n after that again on 2 nd of feb v hd sex dat too unprotected n time time I think he cum inside n he force me to take pill n now on 8 date I had bleeding with abdomen pain n cramps what it is please help me.
I am 19 years old and my gf is 21 years old we both r virgins so we have fear of pain what are first intercourse will do to us can you help us.
I' m talking medicine for my stomach disorder infact it's wz started before 2 year ago. During this period I was very stressed. At present Mai much na kuchh sochta rehta hu kuchh na kuchh doing m cold rehta hai. Still medicines I'm taking related to stomach. I face wt loss nd all face glow gone nd I'm very stress. Mujhe kuchh samjh nahi aata Mai keya kru kis doctor ko dkhna. Mai bht pareshan sa rehta hu apne personal matter k le k aur phr career ko leke aur health ko leke infact Mai kuchh nai reh pata. please suggest something these days I'm very stressed it's happening from last two year nd nothing is going good as per I need so many things disturb me please suggest me where should I consult I live in Delhi Plz.
Infection is generally understood as the invasion into the body tissues of an organism by certain foreign bodies such as bacteria, parasite, and virus. They are transmissible diseases and can be transmitted from one person to the other via sneezing, coughing or physical contact. They can be mild, moderate or severe.
- They can be acute, that is, can last for a short time, or chronic that lasts for a long time, or a latent infection that may not cause any symptoms at first but reactivates and resurfaces over a period of time.
- Although each infection has its own distinct symptom. Generally, these symptoms include fever, swelling, redness, inflammation, burning, cough, diarrhea, fatigue, muscular pain, nausea, vomiting, rapid pulse or rapid breathing.
- If the patient has a severe headache, difficulty in breathing, painful swelling and unexplained prolonged fever or cough, he or she should immediately consult a doctor.
Conventional drugs that are given to treat infections like antibiotics, antiviral, antihistamines and steroids have many side effects on the human body. They on one hand hamper the digestive power of the system and on the other hand lower the immunity power of the body. In the long run, these medicines can have adverse effects on the body. Though conventional drugs suppress the disease for some time, the disease tends to resurface in the future.
However, Homeopathy has been found to be of great success in treating both acute and chronic infections. The best part is that, there is no side effect. Homeopathy also boosts our immune system so that the body naturally develops the strength to fight against infections in future, when foreign bodies invade. Homeopathic medicines have also proved to be effective as preventive measures against infections.
Some of the Homeopathic medicines for the treatment of most common infections are discussed below:
- Throat infections: Belladonna, Lachesis, Lycopodium, Phytolacca, and Mercurius are most commonly administered to cure throat infections.
- Skin infection: Common homeopathic remedies are Sulphur, Calendula, Hypericum, Silica, and Hepar sulfuris.
- Bladder infection: Berberis, Chimaphila, Hydrastis, Apis, Cantharis, and sarsaparilla are commonly prescribed.
- Stomach infection: Arsenic album, Nux vomica, Carbo veg, Lycopodium, and Pulsatilla are commonly recommended.
- Sinus infection: Kali bichromicum, Pulsatilla, Mercurius, Natrum muriaticum, and Allium cepa work well in cases of sinus infections.
Most of the Homeopathy medicines are prescribed on the basis of symptoms observed. So, Homeopathic medicines are prescribed, even before the definitive diagnosis is made. Thus, the time saved prevents the infection from spreading, and the patient is automatically cured rapidly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
What is matcha green tea?
Matcha green tea is a premium green tea from japan. Since hundreds of years the zen used matcha green tea to help in meditation as it helps in calming the mind. Matcha is shade harvested, steamed, air dried, destemmed and hand pounded green tea. There are no artificial colours or preservatives added. It is sugar free and gluten free thus can be consumed by most of the people around the world. Stone grinding retains matcha’s peculiar taste.
Benefits of matcha green tea powder –
Benefits of matcha green tea are more prevalent than general green tea. Matcha tea is powdered and mixed with water unlike other green teas which are just dipped in water and removed. Consuming powdered leaves helps in more availability of the antioxidants present. Hence matcha green tea benefits more than the general green tea.
Matcha is an antioxidant storehouse:
It contains 137 times more poly phenol than regular green tea. Epigallocatechin gallate (egcg) is the major poly phenol present. Egcg is believed to burn the fat stores in the body for energy. It also increases the body’s immunity towards the diseases. Studies show high antioxidant levels in matcha helps in fighting cancer. Ecgc also detoxifies the body and removes all the unwanted waste materials from the system. This improves the skin texture and health. Read – sources of antioxidants
Matcha is a mind relaxant:
The amino acid l- theanine present in matcha relaxes the brain activity. It helps in sharpening the alertness and concentrating ability of an individual. This was mainly why the zen used matcha for meditation. L theanine also helps in enhancing the mood. L theanine along with chlorophyll imparts distinct taste and creamy texture to the product.
Matcha helps in weight loss:
Benefits of flax seeds on weight loss:
Matcha increases the body’s thermogenesis by 20 -25 % than normal. Increased thermogenesis raises the body’s metabolism. This burns the body fat and reduces the weight. Stone pounding of matcha green tea retains the fiber in the tea. High fiber content as we all know is beneficial in weight loss.
Matcha reduces blood cholesterol:
A study in american journal of clinical nutrition, says that matcha helps in reducing the ldl cholesterol and lowers blood pressure. The high antioxidant property also plays a vital role in enhancing heart functioning. Read – how to reduce triglycerides
Matcha controls blood sugar:
Benefits of bitter gourd on diabetes:
The high fibre content maintains the blood sugar levels. The chromium present in the tea aids the insulin activity in the body. Matcha tea is sugar free and hence allows diabetics to consume it without worrying about the increased sugar.
How to select the best quality matcha green tea?
Now that you know about the benefits of matcha green tea powder on health, you would want to buy this immediately. Each and every individual has a different taste. Some prefer a neutral light taste, some prefer sweet or some prefer strong taste in green tea. Selecting matcha becomes very easy if we know our taste buds. The light colour green tea is more on sweeter side whereas the darker ones taste more astringent and strong.
Your selection of matcha green tea will also depend upon how you want to take it. Different recipes require different types of matcha green tea. Kitchens and cafes use the lighter green tea. Baking requires the stronger matcha green tea, as it is more stable in high temperatures. With baking, the taste of matcha green tea powder becomes very subtle. So, use a stronger green tea for baked products like cakes, muffins, cupcakes, macarons etc.
Where can I buy matcha green tea in india?
This questions seems to be breaking all google search records lately. Well, you can buy matcha green tea online on amazon. Unlike other green teas, matcha is actually been used in baking cakes and macarons. Matcha is also used in making smoothies and latte. If you like the cold pressed juices, you can also order your “lights “from raw pressery.
Where and how can I use matcha green tea?
You can use matcha green tea powder in various sweet and savoury preparations. Matcha compliments and enhances the taste of lattes, macaroni, smoothies, cakes, icing, milkshakes or soups.
Did you know?
Traditionally japan uses matcha as usucha or koicha tea. Usucha is a thin consistency tea made of second best quality of matcha green tea. We just have to sift the tea powder in a bowl, add hot water and whisk till tea becomes frothy.
Whereas, koichais thick consistency liquid. It is made by adding half the amount of water to double the amount of highest quality powder. Generally, cafes serve koicha tea.
Recipes for using matcha green tea powder:
Here are some recipes in which you can use this and avail the wonderful benefits of matcha green tea.
1] Matcha iced tea
- ¼ teaspoon – matcha green tea powder
- 3 teaspoon – hot water
- 1 teaspoon – honey
- 5-6 pieces of ice cubes
- Make a paste using matcha green tea powder and 2 – 3 teaspoons of hot water
- Add honey in the paste
- Fill the glass with ice cubes and pour the green tea paste over the ice
- Garnish with lemon rind and mint leaves and serve
2] Custard apple smoothie
- ½ teaspoon – matcha green tea powder
- ½ small – custard apple
- 150 ml – milk (skimmed)
- ½ teaspoon (optional) – sugar
- Mix matcha with few drops of hot water and make slurry
- Blend custard apple, green tea slurry, milk and sugar (optional)
- Blend again with few ice cubes and serve it chilled
- ½ teaspoon – matcha green tea powder
- 150 ml – milk
- Mix matcha with few drops of hot water and make slurry
- Whisk the slurry till frothy
- Pour hot milk on this frothed green tea and serve hot
Apart from these recipes, you can use matcha green tea powder in macaroni. Add ½ teaspoon in white sauce of macaroni to get green gravy macaroni.