Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. P Gopinath MenonYour feedback matters!
I am a forty years old lady and got sprain in my right leg yesterday. Due to this I am feeling pain in that leg across cuff muscle and ankle. I have applied ice and thereafter volini gel twice. Still today the pain has not subsided totally and I am feeling acute pain if I try to walk. Should I take massage on that leg yo get relief from the pain?
I have pain in my left knee joint and left side abdomen sometime often feel discomfort in my left testicle. It is not for whole day but it cause a way discomfort for and in some gesture more. There is a crunching sound in folding and opening of my left knee. Please suggest and get me out of this.
Hi, I am 32 yrs old male, weight 95 kg, height- 5.8 ft. Having pain in my legs & hands & fingers & toes. Hlab27 - positive, crp 23 (6). Ca- 9.1, cr.- 1.0 & uric acid: 7.0 sgpt-16. Hg- 11.7. Taking the medicines: patocid 40 (1 tab), sazo- 1 gram (2 tab). Daily, mext 15 mg (once in a week), newbona active (1 tab) femonia xt (1 tab) & fol-5 (1 tab) 5 days in week. How many days I have to continue these medicines. Is the disease curable with this medicines or some other treatment required. Waiting for your kind suggestions. Regards,
I have back bone pain severely from 3 months I have taken scanning and x ray but doctors say normal. any remedy for this.?
I am suffering past one year heavy neck pain Sometimes giddiness Feel sleepy whenever I used sit I consult many Dr.
Sir my age is 81 and for the past 2 months my two legs are swelling at the evening of the day and in the morning the swelling decreases. If you press the foot it is hard. And I am using amlongat 5mg for pressure. Please advise me what to do?
Sir. Have an accident before 1year. My left side leg is destroyed that time and solved that problem before and now leg pain is coming back what I do sir.
I have been suffering from severe backpain for last 3 days and not able to sleep and it last for 3 hours after waking up in the morning what will be the remedy.
I'm 23 years old I'm suffering from leg pains and I'm practicing for events and I gave gap for 3 days and again I started ground so pain of leg chin bone nd thies.
Osteoarthritis is among the most common ailments that people on the other side of 50 are affected with. Few of the primary reasons behind osteoarthritis are age, obesity and weakened bones. Sometimes, osteoarthritis stems from joint injury or some sort of stress on the bones. It leads to acute pain and stiffness and can only be cured through medication and exercise. The symptoms may vary from mild creakiness in the joints and swelling to the loss of cartilages between bones.
Long periods of inactivity can also trigger extreme stiffness as well. While it is an extremely painful disease, it does not spread to the other parts of the body. Inflammation of various degrees in the ligaments and joints is the primary cause of osteoarthritis and sustained treatment can only result in abating of pain. Osteoarthritis is usually treated through detecting the symptoms and through other imaging tests, while joint replacement may be a viable solution, there are other non-surgical processes that reap fruitful results while battling osteoarthritis.
It usually involves an optimum mixture of exercises and drug therapy. While there are several cures available, prevention should always be a priority.
- Physical activity: Obesity is one of the primary causes of osteoarthritis. Certain prescribed exercises can go a long way in improving muscle strength and reducing joint pains. However, excessive exercises must be avoided. Other preventive methods include medicinal spa, massage and chiropractics. These are extremely beneficial in cases osteoarthritis.
- Medicines and drugs: Osteoarthritis can be kept under control and averted through specific medications. Drugs can be consumed orally or can be injected directly as per the prescription of the doctor if he or she forebodes an onset of osteoarthritis. Knee lubricants have also been helpful in curing osteoarthritis. For more severe conditions, specified medical attention may be required.
- Nutritional Supplements: For obtaining relief from joint pains, a proper and healthy diet is necessary. An enhanced supply of calcium, vitamin D and Omega-3 fatty acids is thus mandatory for remedying and preventing osteoarthritis. A healthy diet builds your immunity and prevents such diseases.
- Surgery: Although not the favorite, knee replacement surgery is often undertaken even if initial signs of osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis are detected. These are relatively hassle-free surgeries which go a long way in providing relief. However, you must follow the advice of the doctors thoroughly before opting for this.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture has gained a lot of popularity in the recent times. Based on ancient techniques, this involves gently needling the various pressure points to purify the system from within and reduce the joint pains. They have extremely health boosting properties and contribute to one’s overall well-being.