Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P Gopinath Menon
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. P Gopinath MenonYour feedback matters!
My mother is 79 years old. She is using high b.p tablets for the last 1 year. Her right leg is swelling for the past I week. Please advise.
I am 27 year old and suffering from de quervain disease. Don't relief after take medicine. What I will do now?
I am 67 years old, of late, i find difficulty in walking after between 500 to 1000 yards - from my right knee joint to ankle joint followed by swelling in foot ankle and uable to wear shoes. Upon test for uric acid which is found slightly on higher side. Kindly let me know whether there is cure for this ailment at this age.
Recently my ten toes are becoming more numb specially the small toes. Is there any cure for this condition. Knowing I am in great health with little exercise if any at all and I am 74 years old not diabetic with a small but managed high blood pressure. I await to hear from you soon.
I have severe backpain when travelling in long journeys. Doctor suggested using some pillow. Please suggest a suitable solution.
I am Gaurav, my age is 16 years and I am facing very sharp pain in my backbone suddenly. Wht should I do?
My mother is having pain in right leg calcaneus (below knee) from 10 days. She has taken many medicines of pain and calcium but there is no benefit. Please help.
Muscle strain or muscle pull is a condition, which is characterized by damage to the muscles or its adjoining tendons. Undue pressure can be exerted on the muscle when you are carrying out routine activities such as sudden lifting of heavy things or playing contact sports. The damage to the muscle is usually in the form of partial or complete tearing of the tendons and fibres attached to the muscles. The small blood vessels in the muscles can also be damaged by the tearing of the muscles, leading to local bleeding and bruising.
The symptoms of muscle pain are:
1. You will experience pain even while resting
2. There will be bruising, swelling and redness around the affected area
3. You will experience weakness of the muscles and tendons
4. The movement and mobility of the muscle will be impaired
5. You will experience pain when you use the affected muscles
The causes of a muscle strain are:
1. Playing contact sports can lead to injuries
2. Lifting heavy things
3. Exercising without a proper warm up routine
4. Lifting extremely heavy weights during exercise without proper acclimatization
5. Sleeping on one side only for a long period of time
6. Not stretching properly
7. Falling from a height
The treatments for muscle strains are:
1. Pain medications: You can opt for pain relieving medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications to help combat the associated pain of a muscle strain.
2. Rice: Rice stands for rest, ice, compression and elevation. This treatment is usually the first step after suffering a strain, before opting for medications. This treatment prevents further aggravation of the problem.
3. Compress: You can alternate between hot and cold compress to reduce the swelling and pain.
4. Stretches: Once the affected area has healed, it is important for you stretch the muscles to improve their mobility and strength.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!