Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P.G.KribakaranYour feedback matters!
My father went through a test B.M.D[DEXA] [LUMBER SPINE], his LUMBER spine T-Score is -2.3, Result is OSTEOPENIA, His Vitamin D test (Method: CLIA, SAMPLE: Serum) score is 39.40. His age is 77, He is also a diabetic patient since 20 years. So please advise me treatment for his problem .
Dear sir, yesterday I checked my blood sugar in free diabetic camp, I asked the concerned person about the needle twice ,he told the needles are new, but sir still I have the doubt about HIV, sir is their any possibility of spreading HIV through prick needle, please help me.
Extreme pain in heels. Earlier it was only on my left foot. But now its on both. Uric acid is not very high. Just 1 point more than the normal range. Early mornings the heel pain is terrible and unable to walk. Once in the morning I felt like a crack and heard a cracking noise in my left heel.
I am suffering from gout pain. My uric acid levels never got up more than 6. But sometimes acute pains harasses me. Only both ankles get pain. I regularly take zyloric 100 mg one a day.
I have fertility problem that's why I can't conceive my pregnancy, what is the solution of my problem?
Hello sir or madam? My father was check in hospital report shows tht he is suffering frm beginning SUGAR. So I want to know tht can we stop or remove tht disease.
Sir muje diabetes hai 15 din pehle check kiya tha to 248 ayi thi abhi medicine chalu h muje kya karana chahiye?
Sir I am 42 year old male, I have a heart attack 4, 5 year ago, I have pain heart and back said last 20 day, I have sugar, what should I do?
When considering how much a food will raise blood sugar, should I consider its glycemic index or glycemic load? Please help.
My son's age is 14 years, his BP is around 130/70 to 140/70. His height is 164 cm and weight is 66 kgs. His father has diabetes and BP. Whether my son will have any problem in future?
My father is 58 years old. He was having heavy diabetic from last 10 years. He has also got hypertension his BP remains 200 & 100. Due to this he has lost vision in one eye and has 40% vision in second eye. He don't want to take medicines nor he wants simple diabetic food. He even can't walk alone. Also in MRI report of brain. Brain is also damage. As per doctors he has also got stroke and he absorbed the pain of it too. Now I am confused whom to consult and for what ? He cannot get down from the house. He remains in house only. Where and to whom should I consult and how many time should I take him and handling alone is also not possible.
I have done my test of T3 value 116 T4 value 9.8 TSH value 8.63 Please suggest me what diet should I take and suggest me some medicine as I feel very tired physically and also feel mental fatigue.
Diabetes refers to a medical condition where the glucose level in your blood increases. It usually happens if there is an excess amount of glucose in your body and your body is unable to utilize it efficiently. In this condition your pancreas either stops producing insulin or fails to produce the requisite amount and hence prevents glucose from entering the cells of your body.
This in turn affects your blood glucose level. Millions of people around the globe are affected by diabetes irrespective of their gender or age. For most people diabetes is generally a lifelong medical condition and can affect your health seriously if it gets severe.
There are many stages and types of diabetes, such as Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, Gestational diabetes, Pre-diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus and Diabetes Insipidus. Not all diabetes can be prevented but some of the above mentioned ones can be prevented with proper care. Below mentioned are eight tips to prevent diabetes
1. Eating the right portion: The primary key for preventing diabetes is choosing the right amount of food. Eating the right portions can help you to stay away from diabetes. Consider seeking advice from a nutritionist or dietician for knowing the exact portion size you should eat according to your age.
2. Exercise on a regular basis: Exercising regularly for at least half an hour a day can help you to prevent diabetes. You may consider walking or running exercises.
3. Choose the right food: Opt for whole grains as this can help you to maintain your blood sugar level and keep diabetes at bay. Also, try and avoid red meat as it contains high levels of iron which can affect insulin production and increase your chances of developing diabetes.
4. Get rid of obesity: If your BMI is more than thirty then you are suffering from obesity. Obesity increases your chances of developing diabetes. So in order to prevent diabetes you should work at maintaining a balanced weight.
5. Avoid carbonated drinks: Carbonated drinks contain high levels of sugar. This can increase your chances of developing diabetes. So you should try and avoid drinks like colas.
Following the above mentioned tips can help you to avert diabetes.