Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Ankle Sprain
Submit a review for Dr. P ElangovanYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from back pain for few months I used lot of medicines but it seems pain can you please suggest me the medicine.
Pains, sprains, twisted feelings, numbness all over body more in right knee and below even after all kinds of medication since a year because of acupuncture treatment by Dr.
I am 37 year old male I am having backache from last 4 to 5 month and pain is increasing slowly pls suggest what should I do?
I am suffering from low back pain for last 4 months taken aceclofenac then Piroxicam but did not recovered.
My mother is 60 years old and is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis from last 4-5 years. We initially opted for allopathic medicine then physiotherapy and at last homeopathic medicine but anything helped her.
I have complain of generalized muscle pain with spasm for 1 year received vit d sachet but did not benefitted much.
As my friend works with computer always he is suffering with back pain. What are the natural remedies can be used.
Pain in back, joints or in muscle can be very troublesome. And, if it continues, then it can cause a lot of discomfort as you then find it difficult to perform even day-to-day activities. Homeopathy can very effectively deals with any pain. Let us check the remedies:
Homeopathic remedies for back pain:
- Arnica: Injured back often leads to severe back pain and it can be well treated by this homeopathic medicine. Both recent and past back injuries can be treated using this medicine. This medicine is absolutely safe and thus you will not face any side-effects at all. Unwanted back stiffness and soreness within back muscles can also be minimized to a great extent with the consistent application of this medicine. Back motions can be made much more flexible by curtailing restlessness.
- Bryonia: There are some prominent symptoms of back pain and they can be easily and efficiently alleviated by this medicine. If you are tired of applying homemade therapies, then you can try out this solution. This medicine can reduce your pain and inflammation within a few hours and you can get back to your daily activities with great energy. Apart from taking this medicine, you have to take enough rest so that your back can get relaxed. Your back motion can be smoothened and made flexible by taking the concerned medicine.
Ways in which homeopathy can cure Joint and muscle pain:
- Moving and shifting joint or muscle pains: Many patients have this problem where they face joint or muscle pain, but instead of it being constant in one area, it moves around the body. Pulsatilla is known to effectively reduce the symptoms in these cases.
- Arthritis: One of the most common problems that many people report is that of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, which causes a lot of pain in many people. In many cases, the use of Natrum Muriaticum and Bryonia has been known to allay the pain.
- Tennis elbow or tendon related problems: This is a common ailment, which in many cases is caused by strenuous activities, such as sports. Rhus tox has been known to be effective in such cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Arthritis is painful inflammation of the joints caused by excessive amounts of uric acid in the blood. This causes friction in the joints and may cause inflammation among muscle tissues. This is a very painful condition and may even be debilitating for many people. One of the methods used to provide relief from arthritis pain is the hot and cold therapy. Let’s have a look at it in detail.
How does hot and cold treatment work’s?
The hot and cold treatments work on various joints or muscle areas and are very effective in lowering pain as well as providing more mobility to the affected areas. Both these therapies try to enable the healing forces within the body and hence improve on the conditions which cause arthritis pain.
Heat treatment therapy: Heat therapy uses the principle of the expansion of material when warmer. If heat is applied to an affected area, it dilates the blood vessels, improves and stimulates blood circulation and also reduces muscle spasms. Heat treatments are very effective in soothing stiff joints and tired muscles as they encourage the flow of blood to the areas being treated. Some of the options available for heat treatments would be:
1. Heats patches that are disposable
2. Heating belts made for specific parts of the body
3. Moist heating pads
4. Simple hot water in a tub
5. Paraffin wax and Mineral oil
6. Hot oil massages
7. Warms showers or baths
8. Warmed towels or clothes used as a hot compress
Cold treatment therapy: Cold uses the very opposite principle of heat therapy to provide pain relief to arthritis patients. Cold has the properties of being able to constrict blood vessels and slow the flow of blood, thus resulting in numbing the area and reducing pain. Cold treatment is also very effective in reducing swelling as it can fight inflammation very effectively. It is mostly useful in cases of acute and chronic pain and is a very good pain reliever. Some of the options available for cold treatments would be:
1. Cold compress by using ice in a waterproof bag with a towel covering it to protect the skin.
2. Buying a medically manufactured ice pack or bag
3. Buying ice gel packs from the medical store which can be frozen and then used
4. Making ice packs at home by mixing water with rubbing alcohol and then freezing it
5. Taking ice bath by pouring ice into the bath tub. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.