Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. P BeenaYour feedback matters!
What if I have red eyes. What should I do. What can been happen. What is the reason. What is it effect whû is is don what should I do.
I use computer all day and I have to stare on the screen when ever I have to note down something on the paper from the screen from this i have pain in my eyes what should i do? How do I overcome this problem?
I am working in a multi national company, I work on computer regularly, now my eye sight is weak, what is the treatment?
I have shadow visibility in my left eye. I am diabetic. I got twice injection - avastin in my eye but no improvement in sjght. Can it be cured?
I have to work on computer over 10 hours and my eye sight is not clear. So how I can take care of my eyes and how to get rid of this problem.
I am suffering from Kidney pains and also hair fall and my eye's are not clear pls give some suggestions for this position. I am poor sir can I have reimbursement.
I have had my eye transplant and I suffer from bad headaches post the surgery. What can be the reason for the constant headaches.
I have red eyes and feelings jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
Hello. I had a lump like thing on my right eye. It was above the eyelids. It does not pain. N now dt lump is come down on my eyelids. It is like a boil bt it is not paining or itching. I'm having this for the last 3 months. Please suggest me a solution.
I am suffering from severe headache from 2 days and from my eyes there is a continue watering will you please give me an advice.
I cant sleep on night at time please what should I do. I think my eyes got weaker. Suggest me multivitamin for eyes.
I have Steven Johnson syndrome for eyes. I am using lacryl eye drops as advised by Dr. Is there any other drop behalf of this?
Hii l am 19 years old. L am wearing spectacles of power 3/6 of each my eyes. On going day by day my eyes are going inside and inside. It look so boring l feel shy when I removing my spex plzz suggest any exercise method to move out my eyes.
Hello doctor, I had myopia, so I did LASIK surgery 13 days back. Now I can able to see clearly. I can't believe how my eyes have changed. Now the problem is my left eye is cristal clear but my right eye is little blurry when compare to left one. Is it normal after LASIK? How much time it will take to recover fully? Thanks.
My eye is damaged due to blast of higher frequency bomb. And headache is consistent please solve my problem.
I'm am 18 year old and I have problem in my eye my distance eye sight is weak therefore I use optical how to remove spectacle or optical easily.
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters:
- Eye floaters are very frustrating and might take time to adjust to them. However, with time one might start ignoring them and noticing them less.
- Eye floaters which lead to impaired vision might need laser to disrupt the floaters or surgery to remove the vitreous.