Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P.Balamourougane
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P.BalamourouganeYour feedback matters!
Mera baby 35 days ka hai. Last 15 din se wo din me kai baar poti krta hai aur water stool krta hai. Kai bar sirf water hi niklta hai. Her naar penty change krne pr usme water ki drops lag jati hai our halki c poti bhi. Poti ka colour yellow hai aur usme chipak c hai. Doctor ko dikhaya tha to unhone kha k new born babh aise hi krte hai ghbrane ki koi baat nhi hai. Or medicine di thi. But koi fark nhi hai. Meri mother in law bhi yahi kahti hai k bacche krte hai aise. But I am worried. please tell me.
Hi mam, mere bete ko 1 mahine se sukhi khansi aati h. Blood test me. Diagnostic flags: Leukocytosis, Monocytosis, Microcytosis aaya h pls iska treatment bataya.
My 17 months old baby girl is not able to speak clearly. She responds when we call her but her voice is not clear. She speaks loudly but unclear. Please help.
My son will be 3 years from April, I was giving him pediasure with milk, but after drinking that he is eats less and only is height got increased so I stopped and continued to Junior Horlicks stage 1. Can you please suggest which health drink to be given with milk.
Hi My 5 year 5 months old son has hurt his palm while playing. He got a small cut on his palm. I have a feeling that he got hurt from an iron channel in his drawer. Should I get him Tetanus injection? Please suggest.
My son is 1 month old. Now a days he is not at all drinking breast milk. Will this affect his health.
My baby has dark patch on his face since birth which has become darker. He is 1 year old wat is the remedy for this.
Meri bacchi 2.5 month Ki hai. Aur wo cow milk piti hai. Aur wo bahut dubli hai. please uske Health aur achi dikhe to please suggest tonic.
Measles refer to an infection caused by a virus. It mainly affects the respiratory system and its onset is accompanied by high fever, runny nose, frequent coughing and itchy rashes all over the face. It is extremely contagious and spreads through saliva or even mucus. This infection has several symptoms. Some of them are:
- Persistent coughing: Affecting the respiratory system, the onset of measles can be identified by persistent and a nagging cough, one that refuses to recuperate.
- Fever: As discussed above, if you are infected by the measles virus, chances are very high that you will suffer from extremely high fever. It is often accompanied by chills.
- Sore throat: The throat forms an important part of the respiratory system and if it is infected, its repercussions can be felt in the throat. You will have extreme difficulty in eating or swallowing food when suffering from measles.
- Small white spots develop inside the mouth: Sometimes you may notice outbreak of small white spots in the interior of your mouth. In case you do, do not take it lightly. This is an important symptom of measles and you must consult a doctor immediately.
Not withstanding the contagious nature of the infection, there are various treatments available in order to treat this infection. Some of them are:
- Acetaminophen: This is used to relieve one of fever as well as pain in the muscles.
- Take rest: Suffering from measles is an extremely uncomfortable situation and taking rest always helps. Your immune system, being infected by a virus is rattled and needs sufficient rest to recuperate.
- Drink lots of water: Nothing can be an alternative to water. Therefore when suffering from measles, drink as much water as you can. Try to drink at least six to seven glasses of water, a day in order to purge your system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.